[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (4) More threads Create thread

Hanley Ramirez for shortstop anyone
Posted by SEMObaseball on Thu, Dec 8, 2011, at 2:41 PM:

Not worried. A healthy Freese, Molina, big bat presence by Holliday (stay healthy), Berkman. Wainwright, Carpenter, Garcia starting rotation. Bullpen perform like they did in the playoffs. This team is solid with or without the money man

Replies

yes please. he doesnt want to play third. we need a SS, why not?

-- Posted by uptobat on Thu, Dec 8, 2011, at 11:30 PM

I truly don,t think Hanley would be a good fit for the Cards. Even though he is a good offensive shortshop, I don,t beleive he is a team player. I would like to see the Cards aquire Furcal or Rollins instead. Now that Tony is gone, Tyler Greene should be giving a shot. I know, he got some playing time for LaRussa and did not play very well. But, Larrusa did not play him a lot, and as you know, LaRussa did not have a lot of faith in young players until he had no choice but to play them. In 2000, after Albert was playing everyday due to injuries to other veterans, Tony was considering sending Albert down to Memphis when those players got healty. Mark Mcqwire went to LaRussa and advised him not to send Albert down. At the end of Albert's rookie year he hit over 300, had over 30 HRs and over a 100 RBI's. He won the NL rookie of the year. Matheny will give the younger players a chance, thats what Mozelak wants. Don't get me wrong, I was never a LaRussa basher but I didn't always like what he did. Remember when he gave Royce Clayton the starting job over Ozzie even though Oz had the better spring training.Now with Albert gone, the piggy bank is full. The Cards can turn the piggy bank upside down and shake it and we will see what falls out!

-- Posted by scobeyc on Fri, Dec 9, 2011, at 7:21 AM

just hope something falls out of the piggy bank. would love to see like a 3 yr deal with rollins.

-- Posted by uncommon_sense on Fri, Dec 9, 2011, at 8:14 AM

I also like the Rollins comment. I understand Hanley has had his problems down in Miami. But lets face it. When is the last time he played in a stadium with 50,000 people in it every night backing him? I think the Cardinals organization would change that attitude. In reality he really was the only Florida Marlin. There was a lot of pressure for him to do everything. No pressure in St. Louis when you have a crowd base that supports you like we do.

-- Posted by SEMObaseball on Fri, Dec 9, 2011, at 2:41 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.