Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Neelyville vs. Twin Rivers: A Success Story

Posted by drawmules on Mon, May 17, 2010, at 8:33 PM:

Neelyville and Twin Rivers deserve to have a long blog written about their success in districts.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to write the blog. Taking two pre-summer session college courses and following district baseball tournaments everywhere is a bad idea. But I try.

I'll make this short and sweet and unjournalistic. I wonder if unjournalistic is a word. I doubt it. Anyways getting to my unjournalistic comments . . .

Wow. I cannot say enough positive things about these programs. Neelyville upset South Pemiscot and Malden to advance to the district finals. Twin Rivers upset Senath to advance to the district finals.

Neelyville and Twin Rivers . . . I dedicate this thread to your success in districts.

Neelyville and Twin Rivers will play in the district championship at 4 p.m. Tuesday.

This would be a great location to talk about the BIG game.

Replies (6)

• There's no doubt these 2 teams are on the rise. Coach Denver Stuckey and Justin Dobbins both are hard workers and their teams reflect their attitudes. Hard nosed, competitive, and love the game. Good luck to both teams. Looks like the sectional game most likely will be 2 teams from the OFC. Pretty good statement about your conference.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Mon, May 17, 2010, at 9:05 PM
  • Stuckey has his Twin Rivers team on the rise. Today they took out a very solid and experienced Senath team while starting only one senior.

An 8-2 victory over a team like Senath is very impressive when your All-Conference Senior Shortstop and your All-Conference Senior catcher are out with injuries. (Shearer and Lowe)

In fact, I believe all 8 runs scored by Twin Rivers were driven in by freshmen and sophomores. This is definitely a team to watch for upcoming years and this year as well.

Neelyville is very impressive as well, but I'm predicting a win for the home team tomorrow.

-- Posted by semobaseballfan on Mon, May 17, 2010, at 9:56 PM
  • We were impressed with the Royals this fall winning 1-0 at West Plains and losing about a week ago 2-1 at Twin Rivers. Our players and myself thought we had the game won 1-0 in the last inning but the Royals refused to give up eventually wining on a double by Garrett. It should be an interesting final.

Best of luck to both teams, both have a super group of young men.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Mon, May 17, 2010, at 10:18 PM
  • I have a prediction for this game but I don't want to destroy the success story by offering a prediction. It just doesn't seem right for ME to offer a prediction on this game. I think it is perfectly fine for others to offer a prediction. Best of luck to both teams on Tuesday.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, May 17, 2010, at 10:41 PM
  • The thread deserves to be at the top of the list on Tuesday morning. I'm bumping this thread because Neelyville and Twin Rivers deserve credit for their accomplishments.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, May 18, 2010, at 12:36 AM
  • I hope someone posts live updates for this game on the baseball scores thread.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, May 18, 2010, at 11:35 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: