Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Sikeston and Charleston Football 2010

Posted by DonaldTrump on Mon, Oct 4, 2010, at 10:01 AM:

I must say that i am suprised that the Sikeston Bulldogs have duplicated what they started last season.6-0 and ranked no.5 in the state.Wow!I have only witnessed Sikeston play once this year,against Jackson and i was impressed.I know Sikeston felt good after this win because whether the Indians are having an up or down season,they play hard nosed,break your neck and back football.It is my opion,that this years Bulldog team is not better than last years team,but that is what actually makes them more dangerous.Im thinking from a players P.O.V..There is nothing more motivating than trying to do even better than the Gibbs/Wiggins/Jackson team,proving doubters wrong.They fell short of the DOME last year,so lets git to the TURF this year because what?People(students,fans,by standers)but not everyone,has said guranteed,"i know we want be anywhere near as good as we were last year".Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that opinion is made on the outside.Bulldogs on the turf?Maybe,but they will need more than the "big play"to git there.I,as a fan of football,was more impressed and comfy doing the Wiggins era,but Lewis is not bad at all,but the dogs running game is vunerable to be shutdown against a higher caliber play-off teams.I mean Dexter(from what i read in the Democrat)contained the Dogs running game.Dexter shut Sikestons running game down,so i became scared instantly because i know that will not be the best Deffense Sikeston,Cape,Farmington,or whoever will see in late November.What came through for the Dogs,the "big play".Theres no doubt in my mind that they can run against a tough D though and the game against Jackson proved that.And i know its alot of pressure on Lewis,but everything is riding on his arm(which is not bad)decisions(which are decent)and his legs(which are awesome)!!Good luck!

As for my home team,the Charleston Bluejays.I have know idea whats going on.Take away the biggest rivalry west of the mississippii?Nooooooooo!There are little league players who cant wait to play SIkeston when there turn comes about.I was one of those kids.That will be a mistake!!Keep that game,move it to the 4th game of the season instead of the second,just keep it!!!As far as wins,.500 seasons go,it starts with fundamentals.I know things have to change but not everything.I recommend that the Jays put the triple option back in the mix because it has always made us dangerous.I even saw it ran in the NFL this year.It makes the deffense a reading D,with no time to sleep.So thats my advice Mr.Blackman,go with the option.You can even pass out of it and when the linebackers bight just a little,you have a dump over the middle.6.Trust me.Not all the time,but D's have to deffend the trickery.

Replies (1)

The problem is there are very few winners behind the scene. Who has a respectable background in football that is Coaching or directing the team? The Bluejays have shown some moderate improvement from last year. But they wont be able to compete with Sikeston for quite sometime. They should have never got rid of Coach MacFerren as Athletic Director. Coach Marshall is the rightfull coach of that team.

Trey Lewis in on pace to surpass all of Wiggins marks. All of them.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Mon, Oct 4, 2010, at 10:50 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: