Semoball

High School Baseball Forum: Kennett @ Sikeston 4/13

Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 5:53 PM:

Just wanted to know thoughts on the outcome of this game. Sikeston seems to be playing good right now but a good Kennett squad is coming up. Anyone got score predictions and who might be pitching for each team?

Replies (21)

• Kennet wins 13-4 ... Sikeston beat a poplar bluff team by 1 on a walk off home run ( 7-6 ) and if bluff doesn't drop I think it was 7? Routine pop ups they win that game 6-2 , and kennett beat bluff with their number 3 ( Cameron wallace ) 11-1 ... Kennett is a way better team

-- Posted by highheat on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 6:34 PM

I believe Sikeston also dropped numerous pop ups that game, not sure

So, who do you think each team would/should throw?

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 6:41 PM
  • I can honestly tell u that Sikeston missed one fly ball and it was on a foul pop up and that PB player proceeded to strike out so it really had no effect.. I was at the game and a lot of parents from Sikeston ( Im neutral I just love to watch ball ) and people from Sikeston were saying how they shouldn't have won that game , they talked about that PB pitcher and how he really shut down their offense but the pb outfielders couldnt catch a ball and so it really hurt them and of course if u don't touch a fly ball even when it Should be caught it is scored as a hit so his stats weren't very good , I felt sorry for that young man ... But anyways I think that Andy lack will pitch for kennett and I would guess Ross bohannon would for Sikeston but I could be very wrong about that . I really like watching both those guys throw

-- Posted by highheat on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 9:24 PM

I wasnt totally sure bout the sikeston/pb game, but sometimes luck is on your side. Isnt Lack the one that was clocked at 90? I was thinking maybe McMillan for Sikeston

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 9:58 PM
  • I seen him throw and I doubt he topped 83or 84

-- Posted by BG10 on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 10:06 PM

Oh, well I must be confusing him with someone else. Either way he's supposed to be a pretty good pitcher

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 10:15 PM
  • He is a good pitcher. I think your mistaking him with grantham maybe??

-- Posted by BG10 on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 10:18 PM

Yeah, I think you're right. But since Kennett seems to be quality up and down Sikeston could have problems.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 10:36 PM
  • Yes I think I will take kennet in this matchup. Maybe 8-4

-- Posted by BG10 on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:01 PM

Sounds good. Kennett is the better team, but Sikeston's playing good right now...you might call me crazy, but I'm gonna call a Sikeston upset. 7-6. More late game heroics..

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:09 PM

Both teams have played well so far with their only losses being to ND in games they could have won. I feel like either team could win this game although Kennett has shown a bit more talent. However, like Mr. Vitale, I think there is some magic in that Sikeston team this season. Plus, I'm a big ole homer as everybody knows, can't fault me for that. I say Sikeston wins though I'm not gonna predict a score. I think predicting scores in baseball is pretty much a crapshoot.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:16 PM
  • It's baseball. It could be anybody's game. I think Kennett is probably in the drivers seat though. Not so sure I agree with high heat on Cameron Wallace being the #3 pitcher for Kennett? I've been to several games and watched him pitch. Looked at the max prep stats as well. Would consider him as the best they got, don't think he has any earned runs against him? Hoping it will be a good game for both clubs.

-- Posted by sportsfann on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 12:01 AM

I havent heard much about Wallace but he could just as well be a quality pitcher like Grantham or Lack. Kennett has a variety of pitching options for today.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 6:37 AM
  • Sportsfann,

I'm not saying he isn't good enough to be a number 1, he would be a number 1 for a lot of teams, he has nasty stuff but their go to guy to start a big game is grantham or lack

-- Posted by highheat on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 8:21 AM
  • Ok I know this is probably a dumb question, but what time is the game? My son plays for Charleston and they are playing in Senath today at 4 but I have to work at 6:30< so I can"t make that trip. Would love to come and watch the game.

-- Posted by Mck279 on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 8:27 AM
  • Game time 4:00

-- Posted by goodbaseball on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 11:30 AM
  • Thank you

-- Posted by Mck279 on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 12:00 PM
  • I think Cord Sheehy is pitching for Sikeston. Sheehy throws strikes, but he does not throw real fast.

-- Posted by strike3 on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 2:55 PM
  • dicky v, no late game nine run homer for heroics. No upset today.

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 7:54 PM

You're right. Kennett swung the bats too well, added to the defensive letdown that led to the 8 run inning. Sikeston was in to big of a hole.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Apr 13, 2011, at 8:01 PM
  • Kennett too tough, Kennett has a great defense. Dollins a great 3b lack great ss smith great 2b Wallace great cf granthan great c. This team can hit, 1 throu 13. Plus they have so mch pitching, atleast 10 guys who can pitch at anytime. sometimes youll have games just dont go your way but this team wont have many of them

-- Posted by baller83 on Fri, Apr 15, 2011, at 12:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: