[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (17) More threads Create thread

Atlanta Braves Tryout Camp
Posted by SEMO19 on Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 4:11 PM:

The Atlanta Braves will have a tryout camp on june 25th in Kennett,mo at indian park starting at 10:00 am and registration at 9:00 am. there will aslo be some college there also looking for players. Legion ball players must have written permission from their coach. This camp is for ages 15-30.

Replies

Do they ever sign any players out of these camps?

-- Posted by Winner11 on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 8:57 AM

Why would a Legion ball player need permission from their coach?

-- Posted by uncommon_sense on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 10:41 AM

I think I'm gunna go down there. They clocked me at 74 at the Semo District Fair last year.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 11:47 AM

Is there a local guy from around here that represents the Braves? We have quite a few local kids that get drafted by them.

-- Posted by DribbleDrive on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 11:59 AM

There is a local guy down there that represents the Braves. Personally, I wouldn't recommend going down there unless you have already had serious contact with them or a college coach asks you to go down. Otherwise I wouldn't go, unless you have nothing better to do that day and just want to go to the baseball field for a little ball. And I mean a little.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 12:40 PM

I was hittin dingers back when y'all fools were still poopin in your diapers. Ill go down there to Kennett and have Jason Heyward's spot by the All Star break.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 1:08 PM

I played in the wiffle ball world series once I wonder if that holds any weight

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 1:58 PM

I think the assistant coach from the Jackson baseball team has a good shot. I think his last name is Lawson. I have seen him clocked at 90-93 mph on a stalker gun on several occasions. Might have a shot.

-- Posted by Crader Shake123 on Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 5:32 PM

Logan Lawson could deal when I was in hs. He was a little younger but was still one of their best.

-- Posted by TheWarriorz on Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 7:05 PM

No 25 year old is going to get drafted. If he was hitting 93 he would have been looked at a long time ago. Move on with life. Nice try though.

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 7:58 PM

Lol.

bulletman doesn't like Jackson.

-- Posted by B17Pilot on Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 8:08 PM

What does my comment have to do with Jackson? I don't have anything at all against Jackson.

-- Posted by bulletman on Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 8:37 PM

One of the Braves scouts is a Kennett graduate, Jon David French. Pitched at Ark. St., and I think maybe in the Braves organization.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 9:45 PM

I was taking Lawson deep from K-12 get that scrub outta here. Back before I got on the pipe real bad they was calling me the next Pedro Martinez.

-- Posted by hatin all day on Wed, Jun 25, 2014, at 4:39 PM

There is definitely legitimate representation there each year from the Braves organization. Kevonte Mitchell and Doug Still both worked out there last year and were picked in the draft this year (of course Mitchell went to the Cubs but was an option for ATL as well).

-- Posted by No sir on Fri, Jul 4, 2014, at 5:17 PM

I think Jon David got drafted by the Oakland athletics out of high school

-- Posted by BRAGGCITY BALLER on Sun, Jul 6, 2014, at 7:56 PM

Also had a first baseman from Southeast Missouri St drafted by the Braves in June

-- Posted by Headhunt on Wed, Jul 9, 2014, at 1:28 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.