[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (57) More threads Create thread

Kennett VS Charleston
Posted by Ktownballer18 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 2:43 PM:

Who you think will win? Who's going to be the best player?

Replies

Tucker scores the most points, but kennett wins. Side note, krnnett coach, assissant coach and fred garmon were all at the charleston game yesterday scoping them out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 2:49 PM

Having not seen either team play my pick is really just a guess and not meant as a knock to either team. Im going based on strength of schedule and overall talent. I will go with Charleston in this game. I don't think they have played a weak team yet. Not saying Kennett can't win bc like I said, I haven't seen either team play but just throwing my pick out there. I think its great SEMO has so many good teams this year, nice to see.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 3:14 PM

fair enough but i believe kennetts schedule is more than tough enough to get them ready. cvill might win it all, I wouldnt count them out, I'm picking kennett because it is a home game and kennetts bench

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 5:01 PM

who won saturday

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 5:02 PM

Charleston won 95-71 vs NMCC

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 5:30 PM

I'll take Charleston in a close game. They are pretty equal teams but looking at the results from the schedule that Charleston has played, they can step up when they have to. As long as they keep their cool (which could be tough if Kennett uses the same refs from the Sikeston game), they have the talent to win this game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 5:39 PM

I'll take Kennett because it is at Kennett and as sideline starter said we will bring the same refs :)

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 8:48 PM

what are you talking about, the same refs. Kennett got fouled all night and no calles. porter should have had three charges and other guys went over the back all night. no calls. dont even try to say the refs were for kennett, you people are full of s--t.sikeston fouls as much as anybody,tennessee refs proved that,they actually called the fouls against sikeston. As far as charleston goes it should be a good game, they have plenty of talent,toss up

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 9:37 PM

Someone's bitter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 9:44 PM

So ktown 5150, are you saying IF the refs would have called it "correctly" then Kennett would have won? Dude you guys lost by 25 points. What about calls that werent fouls, like calling someone stepping on the line when he was clearly in by a foot? What about the so-called charge on Hatchett? (the one where the Kennett player wasnt even set)

Wait at one point in the first half, wasnt it Sikeston 6 fouls to Kennett's 0? YES that is what it was!

Like sideline starter stated before, the refs were horrible BOTH ways. Dude get a grip on yourself before you start the name calling. I guess you are a HATER on Sikeston like everyone else who Sikeston beats.

BUT back to the topic of the thread. I didnt get to go to the Charleston game but did go to the game friday at Kennett. I would say Charleston will win by 5+. The reason why i say this, Charleston was actually beating Sikeston at the half. Kennett wasnt even in the game after the mid way point of the 2nd quarter against Sikeston. If Charleston can get out and build a lead, they might be able to hold on.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 9:49 PM

I don't think people hate sikeston because they beat everybody. Even when sikeston is down and losing to everyone, people will still hate you.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 10:01 PM

Good point! At least your honest ha ha ha...

-- Posted by dog2167 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 10:02 PM

Everyone still hates Pedomajor

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 10:07 PM

If you pay any attention to anything i said, I never said the fouls made the difference in the game,never said kennett would have won. Only pointed out fouls you sikeston fans didnt want to see, you were talking about all the fouls that kennett got away with,i was just pointing out some of the ones sikeston got away with. So what happened to charleston in the second half if they had the lead then got blew out by 27, we lost by 25, that doesnt really give them an edge as far as i can see. anybody from your area is going to give charleston the edge just because they are from your area. Charleston has a great team so it should be interesting, I'll give the edge to kennett because it is at kennett.and apparently we have our own refs

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 10:09 PM

not bitter about the loss, loosing to sikeston isnt a big loss, the refs missed calls on both sides. just saying it wasnt one sided

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sun, Jan 23, 2011, at 10:14 PM

The first half was clearly one sided. The refs called zero fouls against Kennett in the first quarter. I have never seen a game where a team didn't foul in a whole quarter. Please explain that. If that isn't one-sided, then I'm not sure one-sided even exists.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Jan 24, 2011, at 6:25 AM

Once you get south of New Madrid they let it get really physical LOL. Maybe Sikeston wasn't used to that??? Either way I agree Sikeston was the better team and the refs didn't help either team. It was just a physical game. I haven't ever really heard an undefeated #1 ranked team that won by 25 complain about the refs. Wow.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Mon, Jan 24, 2011, at 9:51 AM

really,kind of sad

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Mon, Jan 24, 2011, at 8:15 PM

Well when one of your star players gets dropped on his head during a game it gets kind of ridiculous..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Jan 24, 2011, at 8:16 PM

you talking about when he jumped over the back of our shortest player and landed on our players head and fell to the court. I saw that, how was that our players fault, he never saw him because it was another one of those over tha back no calls sikeston got away with, actually i think our guy got called for the foul,even though he didnt do anything

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 8:04 PM

Haha wow, I almost spit out my drink on BuckMajor's comment.

Also, when you come out with a post like your first one there, ktown, Sikeston fans are very likely to start bickering back. I think there's always a couple fouls, win or lose, that every fan is going to bicker about.

-- Posted by thepurpleturtle on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 8:30 PM

Ktown, that was an undercut by your Kennett player. I'm not sure what you saw. I'm also sure he didn't mean to do it. It was actually one of the few right calls of the evening.

As to complaining about the refs, bad officiating is bad officiating, regardless of the final score. I would complain about officiating if it was one-sided regardless of who it was against. I would be upset if my team won because of one-sided officiating. No self-respecting individual would want to win because a ref exercised his authority to influence the outcome the game in the their favor.

I even get ticked when I see bad officiating at a game that my team isn't even playing in.

Now, I revert back to my original unanswered point. Since you didn't (or rather likely can't) explain why the officiating was so one-sided (6 fouls to 0 fouls to start the game), and you can only call our complaints "sad", then I will just assume that you are a sore loser.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 8:40 PM

Coulda told you that rocketsbro. He set himself up like that before the game even happened.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 8:44 PM

To answer the original questions that started this thread, I say Charleston and Greg Tucker, respectively.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 10:01 PM

I predict Charleston by 20. Kennett didn't impress me. Garmon and Caruthers will do their thing but Tucker will be the game MVP.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 10:03 PM

What about Twin Rivers in that district? I heard they just lost by 3 points at Kennett.

-- Posted by thomaspierce on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 10:25 PM

That is a shocker to me! Either Kennett is starting to slip or Twin Rivers is that good. Things will get interesting next week in the bootheel conference tourny. Cville and Pville are looking good right now. Going out on a limb here but I say the winner of the pville/cville game will take the conference championship. Kennett has beaten both but Cville just started practice a week before their meeting and Pville was without a player or two so not the same teams.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 25, 2011, at 10:34 PM

pvill was without a couple of players both times we played them, didnt know that.you say the game started out 6 fouls to 0, what did it end up. again you sikeston fans cant get over your selves, but that is ok. never did i say the officials cost us the game or even complained about the officials, i only pointed out calls that sikeston got away with because you were crying about the officials with your 25 point win. how is it an undercut when your guy jumpes over our guys back, who is standing still and lands on our guys head then falls to the ground.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 3:55 PM

how is it we're running down the court on a fastbreak, one of kennetts players sets up for the charge but moves over to get in the way and it gets called a charge? very clearly a blocking foul

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 3:59 PM

I also doubt that garmon carried all night and got away with it. as far as the 3-A district, it seems like kennett is starting to slip but it is hard to tell. twin rivers has a good team but i thought kennett would win by 15 or 20.They have beat state ranked bernnie twice, thats all i know about them.based on recent scores, I would give the edge to cvill or charleston. I can see charleston beating us by 15 or so if we dont play any better than last night.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 4:02 PM

ktown5150, the final foul count was SHS 15, Kennett 11. You guys won that one...Congratulations!

As for we Sikeston fans getting over ourselves, personally, I'm not even sure how to respond to that other than to point to one of my previous posts about my hatred of poor officiating regardless of who is playing. Of course, I'm sure the sore loser in you has tainted your perspective to the point that no matter what I say, you will still think that I am somehow not over myself. That's fine. I can't drag you out of denial.

We should, however, just agree to disagree on the correctly non-called charges/flops, the charge that was actually a blocking foul and the refs-got-it-right undercut. I would say roll the tape back, but I'm not sure it would do much good given the previously discussed webcast issue...

Nonetheless, I guess the only thing that we can agree was unquestionably proven last Friday is that Sikeston is vastly superior to Kennett at basketball this year.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 4:20 PM

Correction, the foul count was actually SHS 16, Kennett 12. You guys still won that aspect of the game and, again, congratulations!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 4:23 PM

where you figure that i am a sore looser, I will never know. I was fine with sikeston beating us. they were supposed to. #1 in state class 4-A should beat #8 ranked class 3 team. I never even complained about the loss. I wanted kennett to play sikeston closer than charleston did, but they did not. they lost pretty much by the same margin, but in a different way. charleston had the lead at halftime but lost by 27, so judging both games doesnt tell me anything. most of you think charleston will win with ease but kind of hard to tell for me.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 7:41 PM

so your school that is alot bigger than ours is alot better than ours in baskettball. we thought that if we played a very good game that we might be able to give your team a good game. we was wrong, more power to you, hope you win state!!

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 7:48 PM

There's that "you were supposed to win" excuse again.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 7:56 PM

no excuse, just a fact. sikeston fan, just admit that it does not matter what anyone says, as long as any sikeston fan has anything to do with it everyone else will be wrong

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 8:01 PM

the classes are based off of school size. so we have more selection.but listen to this. you gonna take 5 above average kids who dont know each other or a team slightly less talented such as SCC who's been playing together their whole lives? Small schools have their advantages too.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 8:04 PM

sometimes they do, scc is the exception to most rules.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 8:09 PM

kennett. bernie. portageville.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 8:10 PM

charleston also

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Wed, Jan 26, 2011, at 8:10 PM

another common opponent to think about. Dexter,kennett was down most of the game but came back to win by 10, charleston won in overtime 72 to 70, so charleston might not be so much better than kennett.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Thu, Jan 27, 2011, at 11:38 AM

I wonder if alot of people are going to go to this game. Its suppose to be Kennett's biggest game of the season! I think Kennett wins but it'll be a close game!

-- Posted by Ktownballer18 on Thu, Jan 27, 2011, at 6:09 PM

charleston by 10

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Thu, Jan 27, 2011, at 9:47 PM

BlueJays win 86-70 at Kennett. Looks as though the Jays will get the #1 seed in the district tourney at NMCC.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Jan 28, 2011, at 10:51 PM

I'm ready to hear kennett's excuses..

I think Cvill will beat kennett next time around.. I still think Charelston is the favorite though

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Jan 28, 2011, at 10:58 PM

Gadget, im loving that comment. According to Kennett fans they have never lost a game that the refs didnt "screw" them.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Fri, Jan 28, 2011, at 11:30 PM

i havent heard from one kennett fan tonight. LOL

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Jan 28, 2011, at 11:30 PM

Kennett student/fan here.

It was a good game for the most part. Wooda threw a dunk down hard and got all the momentum going for Kennett. I'm sure it was a 3 point game going into halftime. 34-37 I think.

Charleston came back on fire, with a nice dunk from one of their guys, with Fred coming back with one later in the game.

Don't agree with a lot of the calls, but it went both ways, no excuses for us losing. Charleston and Tucker did a good job and played their game.

-- Posted by JH4 on Fri, Jan 28, 2011, at 11:35 PM

THANK YOU. now i wanna hear it from the rest.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Jan 28, 2011, at 11:48 PM

The Charleston/Kennett game was a good one but it was only really close for 1 quarter. Even though Charleston only lead by 3 at the half, they had an 8 point advantage for majority of the second quarter. Charleston came out on fire in the 3rd & never looked back. Armstrong played a strong game for Charleston, along with an outstanding game from Carter & Tucker. I truely think the game shouldnt even been a 16 point win for the Jays, if it wasnt for some turnovers & missed assignments, the Jays could have won by 30 EASILY!

-- Posted by Basketballbj on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 12:30 AM

You can tell this rag is out Sikeston. You come to this site to see scores and comments about the games and the kids and you seam to get run over by the hate spewing idiots from Sikeston. Just shut up or go troll some were else. You try to cheer for all the local teams in your area when it comes to the playoffs . But i can only hope somebody hand Sikeston their a_ _ early . You give southeast Missouri a bad name.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 4:30 AM

mule I agree that several fans on here give their school a bad name but it is hard for me to root against Sikeston after seeing the way their kids act. That is a good group of kids that doesn't complain and they just play hard. How can you not root for a group of kids that plays that hard?

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 8:22 AM

Mule1993 suck it up, we heard about how kennett would beat charelston for 2 weeks now, so when they lose obviously they are going to eat their words.. its a forumn..

If you take this stuff to heart obviously your in your feelins

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 8:31 AM

Charleston made a strong statement last night. They are a lock for that one seed now.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 9:07 AM

www.gadgetneedsagirlfriend.com

-- Posted by mule1993 on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 5:02 PM

www.gadgetsyourdaddy.com

I guess that was your way of a "comeback" because your not smart enough to have a rebuttle.. But its cool man..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Jan 29, 2011, at 5:09 PM

charleston played a good game and they deserved the win. basketballbj, you are full of it. kennett should have had a 12 or 15 point lead at the end of the first quarter. they missed layups and putbacks under the goal, and had turnovers with no charleston guy around, that is what happened in the first quarter.kennett didnt hit their shots in the second half and charleston pulled away,but charleston in no way dominated the game. kennett more than showed they can play with them, they just have to hit shots in all four quarters, not just the first two. I think IF kennett makes it to the district title game against charleston they have about a 40% chance of winning the game,thats my opinion. Im sure you will not agree but thats ok. We lost, but you will have to admit that steal and two hand jam by garmon was sweet, highlight real material.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Mon, Jan 31, 2011, at 10:22 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.