Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston vs PB

Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 6:49 PM:

Will Poplar Bluff be able to stop the high scoring Sikeston Offense?

Replies (20)

• If everything goes right and the Dogs pull together and shoot lights out, they will hopefully score at least 40.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 7:01 PM

I think Sikeston wins it though I guarantee they don't come in to this game playing cocky. Each of the last two seasons they have fallen flat on the road in a game they could have won (PB in 09, Cape last year). Bluff has been on a decent streak, and everybody knows about how "honest" the referees in Bluff can be. In the end, I say Sikeston wins by 15-20.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 7:08 PM
  • I believe that the boys have a different perspective this year. THey have taken no one for granted and approached each game with the same intensity. Yes, they have appeared flat sometimes, but that is to be expected from time to time. Poplar Bluff will be tough and give the Bulldogs a good game. In the end, the swarming, relentless defense and the ever improving bench will wear them down and pull away in the second half. Seems to be sounding repetitive, but they just are consistent with their pressure.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 7:12 PM
  • i honestly predict the turbo clock.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 8:07 PM
  • Guys I'm a PB fan and last game we lost our best player/leading scorer Jake white due to an ankle injury and he most likely won't be back untill districts... We have trouble scoring enough as it is and I think he is averaging around 16-17 so losing that will be a HUGE blow ... Ike anders is our only other player who any offensive game at all, after those two we have no one .. So without Jake against Sikeston we will most likely get beat in the 25-35 range .. Even if we had Jake fully healthy I say we would still lose by 10-20

-- Posted by highheat on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 8:38 PM
  • atleast he'll be ready for districts

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 8:40 PM
  • Sorry to hear that highheat. Jake is a good kid and an excellent shooter. Big blow to PB.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 8:42 PM
  • Yeah Jake is a beast, i remember watching him at conference and sayin he'd start for us probably..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Feb 3, 2011, at 8:56 PM
  • I hate to hear that about Jake. He is a great kid and has great parents. I was looking forward to cheering for him....obviously keeping it to myself and my wife...since we are Dogs fans:-)!! I couldn't let the PB faithful see me secretly cherring for one of their own!! Just kidding....like I said....Jake is a great basketball player and better kid. I wish him all of the best and good luck in districts!! Beat Cape!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:25 AM
  • What's this? A thread about Sikeston vs. Poplar Bluff? They play tonight? Wow, this was the best kept secret in sports. I thought Sikeston played Cape. That's all anybody talks about.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 11:44 AM
  • sideline starter...what do you mean by how "honest" the refs in bluff can be? it's not like they are from pb. they are assigned by an association. for any given game, they are from all parts of southeast missouri.

-- Posted by myershallred on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 12:04 PM
  • Rocket you need to starighten ol' sideline out! The refs may spot him and throw him out before game time!Ha!

-- Posted by semo ref on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 12:12 PM

No disrespect toward refs in general. There is just one crew I've seen when watching games in Bluff a couple of times that didn't call everything both ways. Apparently, I'm the only one who has noticed this so maybe it was just circumstances of when I was there. Are you implying that you may be doing the game tonight, semo ref?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 12:19 PM
  • I'll keep him in line, semo ref. HaHa! Are you calling tonight?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 1:59 PM
  • 29-5 Sikestons winning. End of first quarter.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 7:44 PM
  • Sikeston 45 Poplar Bluff 18 end of half

-- Posted by lastride67 on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • 45-18 half

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • 64-24 end of third

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 8:29 PM
  • 71-26 final.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 8:37 PM
  • Close game.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Feb 4, 2011, at 8:48 PM

Respond to this thread