Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Otto is a Hoya

Posted by Crash Davis on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:16 AM:

Committed to Georgetown.

Replies (16)

• I can't find anything on Georgetown's website yet, but Rivals did show a headline "Georgetown lands Missouri forward." I don't have a membership so I couldn't read the article though.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:35 AM
  • I got in touch with SCC coach Kenyon Wright, who confirmed that Porter committed to Georgetown.

Short blog up here now: http://semoball.com/blogs/1429/entry/40902/

I'll be adding new information throughout the day if I get it.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:39 AM
  • Wow, I would consider this the biggest school that a local player from SE MO has gone to in a long long time, as long as I can remember anyway.

Beane at Kansas State was pretty big, but Georgetown, WOW!

Best of luck to Otto, I hope he makes us all proud of him! I know I am definitely proud of him. He'll get a great education and be in the national spotlight at a big school like that for sure.

Bravo Bravo....

-- Posted by GreatFun on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:45 AM
  • Great NEWS for Otto Porter and his family!!! I hope his blessed in this endeavor.

On the other hand, Mizzou Basketball still doesn't have one recruit coming in next year. NOT ONE!!! Our best hope for a high talent recruit (Porter) just joined all the other Missouri talent to choose to not play in state.

Congrats again to the Porter family.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:45 AM
  • Well, Hansborough at NC of course, you can't forget that one.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:46 AM
  • Ben at ND

-- Posted by CapeTiger20 on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 11:54 AM
  • scott,

The KC Star makes that clear. I wasn't saying Missouri was in the hunt. I was clearly pointing out how much the team has fallen on hard times this year. And it has. There is no denying it.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 12:24 PM
  • Coach Haith had no chance to make up ground on Otto. But dont lose faith just yet. Haith's top recruit ask for a release and maybe wants to come to Mizzou. You have to have players that wants to be at Mizzou!!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Bishop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl4SM_bz9aU

-- Posted by Chesapeake on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 12:36 PM
  • I'm glad he chose Georgetown. I was fairly certain he wouldn't go to Mizzou and I sure couldn't cheer for him if he was a Beaker. Good luck, Otto!

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 12:44 PM
  • Clarify, it is unlikely Miami would release him to go to Missouri. Just pointing out that Haith has been working since he got the job.

-- Posted by Chesapeake on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 12:50 PM

Georgetown has a good recent history of developing bigs that get drafted in the 1st round. Jeff Green, Patrick Ewing, Jr., Roy Hibbert, and Greg Monroe all since 2007. That may be another reason why Otto chose to play for the Hoyas.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 2:01 PM
  • I'm happy he made his choice. Any of the three schools would have been a good choice. Otto picked the one he felt was right for him. I wish him all the luck in the world.

-- Posted by oldschoolbballer on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 5:18 PM
  • Time for a local channel to show some georgetown games.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 6:51 PM

Not to mention, Otto gets to play for a Thompson...

-- Posted by vincebrown on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 8:19 PM
  • Had the opportunity to talk to Otto during BA game. He seems like a very nice kid with his feet on the ground. He will do well wherever he lands.

Congrata to Otto and his family.

-- Posted by Proud MaMa on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 8:36 PM
  • You cant forget allen iverson coming out of georgetown yah-yah

-- Posted by dont worry on Thu, Apr 14, 2011, at 9:29 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: