Farmington beat Notre Dame, Northwest, and Holcomb

Notre Dame beat Thayer, Puxico, and Holcomb

Scott City beat Puxico, Northwest, Bloomfield, and Holcomb

Bloomfield beat Risco and Naylor

Risco beat Meadow Heights, Naylor, and Van Buren

I only saw Richland play once and they beat Neelyville

North Pemiscot beat Meadow Heights and Naylor

Thayer beat Puxico, Holcomb, Bloomfield

That's all the games I watched/tried to keep track of.

Replies (33)

• Richland also beat Meadow Heights.

-- Posted by dont worry on Fri, Jul 22, 2011, at 9:49 PM
  • Risco varsity and Bernie Jv were very impressive.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Sun, Jul 24, 2011, at 1:39 PM

Does anybody have a full results sheet? I don't care if it is a PDF file or whatever.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jul 24, 2011, at 1:45 PM
  • It sounds like it could be another strong year for Thayer. Any thoughts Thayer fans?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jul 25, 2011, at 2:30 AM
  • Scott City played some very good defense. Thayer looked really strong. Risco was an impressive team. Farmington is a big school and I believe Thayer might have beat them not sure.

-- Posted by Ramfan#1 on Mon, Jul 25, 2011, at 7:21 AM
  • Thayer was the most impressive team there. They are going to be a tough out in class 2.

-- Posted by Golden_One on Mon, Jul 25, 2011, at 8:51 AM
  • I agree Thayer will be tough to beat. They were impressive but i believe they did loose to Farmington by 2 or 3.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Jul 25, 2011, at 10:36 AM
  • Risco lost its first game but every game after that was a 20 or 30 plus win. Should be a great year of basketball!

-- Posted by dont worry on Mon, Jul 25, 2011, at 12:49 PM
  • I really like Risco's chances in Class 1 this season.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jul 27, 2011, at 1:34 AM
  • Risco will be one of the best class 1 teams to watch in the area. They move the basketball very well. Remind me of the East Carter team that made it to the state playoffs and won the Christmas Tourney a few years. Thayer looked very strong but did not score well but they will out rebound most teams they play.

-- Posted by bballfan40 on Wed, Jul 27, 2011, at 9:49 PM
  • I remember the East Carter team like it was yesterday. If I recall correctly the East Carter team played Bernie one year in the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament championship. The legendary Morris Karnes was the coach at Bernie during this time frame. Bernie pulled off three consecutive upsets as a No. 10 seed in the tourney, but lost the title contest to East Carter County.

A No. 10 seed has not advanced to the championship since.

East Carter may have went on to win the state title that season. I am confident they won a state title at some point during that time frame.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 2:38 AM
  • Two of the most exciting offensive teams to watch at the time.

The style of basketball has certainly changed since these days. Very few teams put on offensive shows.

Risco could be a great offensive team this season. I like their pressure defense also.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 2:40 AM
  • I wouldn't forget about Holcomb. Holcomb's size could be a great asset. Granted they are in Class 2. But which team will win the opening-season tourney?

For the first time in years more than one or two teams could be competing for the title.

Bloomfield also had a great junior varsity. I wouldn't count out the Wildcats.

Any Puxico fans out there?

What will Twin Rivers have this season? Could it be a rebuilding year?

How healthy will Bernie be when the season starts?

Any thoughts on Campbell or East Prairie?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jul 28, 2011, at 2:54 AM
  • Bernie tourney

Watching every one in the tourney this summer I would have to say.

1. Bernie (until someone else wins the tourney)

2. Risco (could win it)

3. Holcomb (could win it if the big man stays out of foul trouble)

4. Bloomfield (could win if they get hot)

5. Puxico (could win if they get hot)

6. Campbell

7. Twin Rivers

8. East Prairie

-- Posted by bballfan40 on Fri, Jul 29, 2011, at 4:57 PM

I like your list other than switching Risco and Holcomb though that could be personal opinion.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jul 29, 2011, at 6:22 PM
  • Here is the way I see it:

1. Risco

2. Bernie

3. Holcomb

4. Bloomfield

5. Twin Rivers

6. Puxico

7. Campbell

8. East Prairie

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jul 29, 2011, at 8:39 PM
  • Any thoughts Risco fans?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jul 29, 2011, at 8:40 PM
  • Seen Holcomb play at Bernie and then seen them at Rib City without the big guy. If he is not on the floor they will have trouble.

Also seen Twin Rivers and Campbell at Kennett neither team looked very good. And after seeing Puxico play at several games I would have to put them well ahead of Twin Rivers or Campbell.

The final should be Bernie vs. Risco most likely to close to call.

-- Posted by bballfan40 on Sat, Jul 30, 2011, at 9:45 AM
  • I was at rib city also, Holcomb didn't look good at all, but I know at the tri lakes shootout in branson, they went 6 and 4 without the big man. BBfanatic, how did Bernie do at Branson, I was told they were there, I Didn't see them play tho. I agree risco looked good at rib city, but they beat meadow heights, naylor, and van buren.

-- Posted by Hornets on Sat, Jul 30, 2011, at 2:04 PM
  • 1. Bernie

2. Holcomb

3. Risco

4. Puxico

5. Bloomfield

6. Twin Rivers

7. Campbell

8. East Prairie

Look for Puxico to surprise some people. They have not been very good the past couple years from what I have seen but it seems like they now have some kids that know how to play together. I think their only problem could be that they lack a true big man. But I still can see them being in the thick of things this year as long as certain things fall into place.

-- Posted by baseballfan2010 on Sun, Jul 31, 2011, at 10:18 AM
  • Hornet:

Bernie varsity went 2 and 6 at Branson while the JV went 7 and 1. Bernie varsity has basically been the Jv team all summer because of injuries so really you can get no gauge of the Bernie varsity yet accept the JV team is getting alot of varsity play which will help them. I think Bernie will do well this year but next year and the year after should be "AWESOME".

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Sun, Jul 31, 2011, at 8:24 PM
  • Risco went 9-1 at the Tri-Lakes Shoot-Out in Branson and are 22-2 during the summer. With their 2 losses coming to Bloomfield(lost by 3 but came back and won by a big margin) and a lost to Southwestern.

-- Posted by dont worry on Sun, Jul 31, 2011, at 9:01 PM
  • Thanks BBfanatic. Now that was the point I was trying to make bballfan40. Not every team is healthy, or have all of their players in the summer. Kids have jobs, and things to do. I know basketball is important, and it does show who puts in the most time during the off season, but not everybody is going to be at every camp, game, and practice. I will give credit to the coaching staff of both Bernie and Risco tho, when they schedule something almost every player is there. That is how good teams are made. Playing and getting better when the clock is off and the score doesn't matter. Trust me, it shows too. (Bernie back to back runs at the final four) and (Risco back to back class 1 district 1 champs.)

-- Posted by Hornets on Sun, Jul 31, 2011, at 10:24 PM

Most of us have had the conversation before that summerball records are not worth all that much. If Risco is 22-2 in the school season, then they can get some props. All summer is about is development.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jul 31, 2011, at 10:40 PM
  • His name slips me right now, but the tall point guard on Bernie's team last year is not playing this year. He hasn't played for them all summer and does not plan to play this year, his senior year.

-- Posted by iluvbasketball on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 1:31 AM
  • Puxico may not do anything this year. Who Knows? They seem to play good as a team. They get the ball down the court faster than I have seen any team in a long time. Every kid on the floor goes balls to the walls at all time. Who knows? They have been everybodys wooping stick for a long time. Time will tell. I do think they are a 4th seed in the Bernie Tournament.

-- Posted by iluvbasketball on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 1:34 AM
  • Any seeding predictions on the Semissourian Christmas Tournament? I know it's early just curious from what people have seen this summer.

-- Posted by Golden_One on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 11:59 AM
  • Sounds like the expectations are high once again for Puxico.

Witness43

I like Charleston as the No. 1 seed the the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 1:16 PM

I'd say that Charleston is the consensus #1 seed for the Christmas tournament with Cape being the 2 and SCC being the 3 though if you want to switch those two, I wouldn't have too much argument. I'd say that Jackson would be the 4 and ND the 5. I like Leopold to be the potential small school team that could provide the upset as a 6 seed. This year may be their best team ever and they played Cape to a pretty close and entertaining game last year. I make them my 6 seed. Don't really know nor care too much after that. No offense to the other teams but this tourney hasn't had too much in way of low seeds making huge runs. (The best run I can remember from recently was Cape being the 6 and making the finals). If you want parity and an exciting first round, then Bloomfield is the tourney to see.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 1:33 PM
  • Bernie's point guards Eaves 6'2 and Shelton 5'9 have been out for the summer for Bernie. The other was McGowan he was a senior last season.

-- Posted by bballfan40 on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 1:55 PM
  • I think it could look something like this:

1. Charleston

2. Scott County

3. Cape Central

4. Notre Dame

5. Jackson

6. Leopold

7. Scott City

8. Oak Ridge

9. Chaffee

10. Advance

11. Oran

12. Kelly

13. Meadow Heights

14. Woodland

15. Delta

16. Bell City

-- Posted by Golden_One on Mon, Aug 1, 2011, at 2:04 PM
  • Witness43

Most of the seedings look accurate.

The only thing I might change is moving Advance to a better seed.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Aug 3, 2011, at 2:22 AM
  • Yeah maybe put them 8 or 9.

-- Posted by Golden_One on Wed, Aug 3, 2011, at 11:32 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: