Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: WHO WINS THE BCT

Posted by INDIAN DAWG on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 8:53 PM:

Both kennett and Cvill are playing very well at the moment. Which team do you think will win the tournament, or do you think Pvill can pull it out with the loss of their best player.

Replies (47)

Caruthersville finally ends to losing streak to Kennett! Cville sweeps both Varsity and JV

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Was this the championship?

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 8:58 PM

It hasn't happened yet.. should be the finals game unless someone upsets one of them.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:03 PM
  • I'd encourage Kennett fans to keep quiet on this one. Let the players/coaches settle it on the court like they have the last 7 games. Proud of the Indians and will never forget breaking in cvilles new gym with a double digit loss to a group who supposedly lost everything from the year before. Cville has a pretty good team and Kennett would have to play well to beat them again on their home floor.

-- Posted by indianchief on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:10 PM
  • I think monroe will get his points, but kennett wins in a close game.

-- Posted by INDIAN DAWG on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:11 PM
  • Double digit win by Kennett I meant. I didnt quite word that right.

-- Posted by indianchief on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:11 PM

You encourage people to keep quite on this, then you give your opinion? Okay! I don't think either team will win by double digits. Will be a great game. I take cville by 4

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:14 PM
  • No doubt it will be a great game , assuming they both make it.

-- Posted by INDIAN DAWG on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:20 PM

I would say Kennet unless the C tigers play the second best game they have played this season.Minus the mishaps at the scorers table the C ville tigers played their best ball against SHS.It was my first time watching them just goin by prior post.At home tough.Kennet by 5.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:20 PM

Stlfan38- What happen to you Friday night? Was wanting to meet you

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:34 PM

I was there in the front with blue plaid shirt on.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:50 PM

Other than me, the majority vote is Kennett! We shall see

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:51 PM

I had my daughter so she had my attetion the whole game..lol

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:52 PM

So Kennett fans! Look me up if you wanna meet. Would like to put a face to a screen name. Meet the Sikeston faithful, great group of guys. Very classy in victory!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 9:54 PM
  • I got Cville winning the tournament. We only lost to Kennett at the 1st of the season because of bad shots and bad team play. Also, we didnt have Belton. I think Cville WILL WIN BY 6-10 points.

Cheese Id like to know who you are since Im from Cville

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 10:10 PM

Ill let you know what ill be wearing the day of our first game of the tourney. You have probably seen me plenty of times

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 10:36 PM

Kennett will try to double and triple team Monroe and the rest of our guys are gonna have to step up like they did against Sikeston. If we play as well as we did against the Bulldogs we will win a close one. WE HAVE TO HIT OUR FREE THROWS.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 10:45 PM
  • I totally agree!!!! I think Heeb should have a free throw drill for a hour.

Cheese Ill probably be working in the concession for a little bit but hope to meet you.

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 10:49 PM

Just ask tyler fullhart who I am

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 28, 2012, at 10:55 PM
  • Ill ask him Monday morning when I see him.

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 12:42 AM
  • Kennett will have to get past Portageville first. As for the big game Friday night , I don't think i would place a bet either way. I truly think Kennett has a better team but their consistency is just not there yet.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 4:21 AM
  • I think C'Ville will win both divisions, and if it comes down to free throws, that should favor the Tigers; Kennett, as a team, shoots poorly from the FT line.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 8:14 AM
  • Cheesehead,

I didn't predict a double digit Kennett win. If you will read my first post I didn't word it right. My second post was correcting my first post. I don't think Kennett will win by double digits and I believe they will have to play really good to even win at caruthersville. Nobody respects cvilles team more than me.

-- Posted by indianchief on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 12:08 PM

Should be a great game! Lets meet up before the game.. like meeting local basketball fans...I'm a nice guy, trust me

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 12:21 PM
  • Sounds good my man. Love how you support your team. That's the thing we all have in common!ha

-- Posted by indianchief on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 12:38 PM

Cheese, were you at the C'ton-C'ville game? If you were, why didn't you look me up?...as I mentioned, I'm fairly recognizable.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 12:56 PM

I looked around just didn't notice you. I know you said you were wearing a charcoal sweater but didn't notice anyone wearing one. Was you wearing a jacket?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 1:01 PM
  • Information on the mineral area basketball teams

I thought i would let people know that are interested in seeing scores and reading about

teams like farmington and ste.gen ,parks hills

etc. That you can get the farmington journal paper online free. It has local news, and their local teams and other area teams scores,stories about the games they play and reecords of the teams . I like it bc you can read about a lot of the teams that the se mo teams play during the year. And also about teams that se teams teams might see in the state plays in ther indv. class

-- Posted by country man on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 2:42 PM
  • I'm gonna predict C'Ville in a very close one.

-- Posted by GreatFun on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 4:16 PM

I was sitting on the top row of the bottom bleachers across the floor from the scorer's table, right on the aisle where the officials exit the gym. I wore a navy blue jacket into the game but peeled it off once I got seated.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Jan 29, 2012, at 6:32 PM
  • Cheese, what will you be wearing tonight?

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Mon, Jan 30, 2012, at 9:04 AM

Not sure if I'm going tonight or not but if I do, ill be wearing for sure my old worn out stl fitted hat and a black jacket... You older or younger? I'm 28 so look for a fairly young guy.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 30, 2012, at 11:45 AM

South pem is beating Kennett at halftime 26-20

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 7:11 PM

Varsity?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 7:12 PM

Yes

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 7:18 PM

End of 3rd. Kennett up 45-40

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 7:34 PM

Kennett beat South Pem 60-51...

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 7:53 PM
  • an ugly win , but we will take it. coach bidewell is doing a great job at south pem.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 7:58 PM
  • Coach Bidewell is doing a great job. He will be missed around here. Ugly win, but it's a win. I don't think Coach Vaughan gets enough credit for the job he has done with this team. They are currently 13-6 and have some really good wins on the season. They have a good chance at 17-20 wins and will return the majority of their players. Their eighth grade team is loaded with talent and I believe Kennett's best days are ahead.

-- Posted by indianchief on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 8:29 PM
  • I saw cheesehead

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 8:55 PM
  • I saw cheesehead

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 8:56 PM

Should have said hello..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 9:22 PM
  • Did Portageville win tonight?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 10:03 PM

I left when Pville was winning 28-22 inside of 4 mins left in the 2nd.. I will find out though

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 10:05 PM
  • Portageville 65 Senath 56

Portageville was leading by 30, but in the closing minutes they put their deep bench players in and senath made a run.

-- Posted by paulbd on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 10:16 PM

Should be some great games Thursday Night! I expect Cville to not have much trouble out of Hayti but stranger things have happened. Kennett/Pville game is very interesting. Kennett came out a little flat to start the game. Finally picked it up in the 3rd hitting 5 three's in a row, and making 6 3's in the quarter if I remember correctly. If they play like that, they will make quick work of Pville. If not, should be another good game. I still expect to see a Cville/Kennett rematch from last year. Thursday and Friday in Cville's new gym will be rocking.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 31, 2012, at 11:37 PM
  • Did anyone see Cheesehead?

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Wed, Feb 1, 2012, at 7:27 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: