Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: all star

Posted by reindeer123 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 12:09 PM:

Who do you think should be in it? And who do you think the coach's should submit for all conference. Is it 2 or 3 players per team? For clarkton, Holcomb, Risco and Gideon.

Replies (27)

• Massey

Macklin

Pavy

will be locks for first team

-- Posted by h20_boy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 2:22 PM
  • 1sr tean

Massey, Macklin, Pavey, Jones and Bixler

2nd team

Blackburn, Fowler, Reeves, Rhinehart and Goings

Honorable Mention

Reeves, Skelton, White - Risco, the shooting guard from North Pemiscot

Player of the Year J. Macklin from North Pemiscot hands down

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 2:31 PM
  • Jones I think your tri county teams are right on the money . I think the kid from Southland (#11 I believe) should get honorable mention as well .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 2:36 PM
  • Does the player of the year have to be a senior, like the bootheel conference? I've never agreed with that, by the way.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 3:24 PM
  • The player of the year does not have to be a senior.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 3:26 PM
  • no, Dustin Ferguson was player of the year his Freshman or Sophmore year

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 3:26 PM
  • It was his Soph year that he won it then won it again his Senior year.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 3:28 PM
  • Jones ,I also think you have it right. It will suck having fowler on opposite team huh.

-- Posted by reindeer123 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:11 PM
  • are you guys thinking about having a conference all star game, if so, I think that would be an excellent idea and donate a majority of the money to the midwest tornadoe victims. Sell T-shirts and other merchandise and get this thing rolling.

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:27 PM
  • Glad it's not limited to seniors; my main reason being, there's no guarantee an outstanding player gets to play from one year to the next. I remember back in the 90s, a girl from Kennett averaged somewhere around 40 pts a game and was clearly the best player in the conference, but was not selected MVP. It was quite an embarrassment to the senior honored, because everyone knew who was clearly most-deserving.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:35 PM
  • was the girl bambi, who was heavily recruited by Tennessee, I am not for sure her age, but I heard she could play with any boy and give him problems.

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:39 PM
  • I know they have the BA all stars which are for srs only but I think a conference all star game would be a lot of fun to watch !

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:45 PM
  • It actually would be more fun, because you get to see how some of these boys would look playing together instead of against each other. It would be a worthy cost to raise money for the people from Oak Ridge and Harrisburg, because if something like that happened in one of these communities it would be comforting to know that other people cared.

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:57 PM
  • Agreed .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:00 PM
  • I meant cause not cost, just typing fast and expressing my thoughts on something that means a lot to me.

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:02 PM
  • I think the girl's name was "something" Jackson. I know I saw her hit a deep 3 from the corner to beat Doniphan in the district tournament. I think she had about 50 in the game!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:08 PM
  • Well I'm sure there would be a nice turnout to watch and a great cause .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:08 PM
  • kdjones- do you know final stats for jones this season?

-- Posted by h20_boy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:33 PM
  • Taylor MIze will be on a team

-- Posted by h20_boy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:34 PM
  • Forgot about Mize ! Is he a Sr ?

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:37 PM
  • Mize is a Senior this year...probably average 16 and 8 boards

-- Posted by h20_boy on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:45 PM
  • @h20_boy 19.2 points and around 12 rebounds a game

-- Posted by kdjones on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 7:38 PM
  • I know her name but cant think of it, she was probably the best girl to play in semo ever. the vols were recruiting her, she was awesome. not sure what happened to her, why she didn't play.

-- Posted by INDIAN DAWG on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 9:48 PM
  • Her name was Brandi Jackson. I think she was heavily recruited but decided to throw it all away by making some really bad choices. Very sad!

-- Posted by X-Man on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 8:10 AM
  • All star games in Missouri are limited to seniors only. Any underclass men with eligibity left can not play. The BA Sports All Star game in the spring is limited to SEMO area seniors. Any grade level can obviously be selected to all conference, district, or state teams, but cannot play in an "All Star" game.

-- Posted by semo ref on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 9:19 AM
  • How do they get picked or rather who picks them? And how about the all conference. As well,. Just curious Jones would be good.

-- Posted by reindeer123 on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 5:56 PM
  • Chris Pavy and Luke Bixler made all conference 1st team . Jeremet Fowler and Austin White made honorable mention . Brandon Bixler made all conference 1st team JV and was top vote getter and Josh Earnheart got 2nd team all conference for JV .

Jeremy Macklin got Player of the Year and McBroom is Coach of the year .

Bixler , Pavy , Fowler and White all made all district team as well .

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 6:12 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: