Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Who's should be #1 team in the area to start 2012-13 season

Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:12 AM:

CHARLESTON BECAUSE OF THE RETURNING PLAYERS. NMCC IS CLOSE BEHIND I BET.

Replies (34)

OH SCOTT1130, FORGOT STL TEAMS FIRST...LOL

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:13 AM

I say it's still too early to determine that! Anything can happen from now til then.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:20 AM

True, but our jayvee team was nice.We have Hull, Watkins, Carter, Parham, coming back.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:21 AM

I'd say Charleston and Sikeston would be top two to start. After that, it is really wide open.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:25 AM

Like Cheese said, a little bit early to talk next year. If everything stayed as is, I'd have to agree with sideline, but who knows who might move away, contract an illness (God forbid), etc.

Charleston had a set of freshmen 6'3" twins, last year, on the jayvee and they moved to Bloomington IL when school was out. They were nice players and who knows how tall they are, now...their dad told me that they had a very good summer playing on an AAU team in Bloomington and would probably not be coming back to Charleston.

Just an example of what could happen. I've heard rumors that Charleston might lose one of its jayvee big men when school is out due to a move. Only time will tell; hopefully, the taste of a state championship would entice his family to stay in Charleston for a couple of more years.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:45 AM
  • Scott city. they'll run 17 players deep

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:48 AM

Everything I've seen from Sikeston so far in spring practice looks good. Kids have a lot of focus. Ruffin, Jones and Bratcher will be the heart of the team and a lot of the JV kids look ready to step up. Gross and Sheehy will both have improved. Tyler Anderson is going to play next season and add some length up top as well as a lot of skill and basketball IQ. Jarius Ray, Chris Scott, Reese Porter and a couple others will be on varsity. I feel like it is going to be a strong year for them.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 10:56 AM

Caruthersville new coach will decide if they will be contenders or not! Get a coach in there that don't change the way they play, stay on the kids about keeping grades up, staying out of trouble, and knows some basketball, then with who Caruthersville has coming back next year, they will contend for State next year! Just a lot of what if's right now with my team.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 11:03 AM
  • Cheese, I've heard rumblings that there aren't any teaching positions open at Caruthersville to hire a coach from the outside.

-- Posted by gianthook on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 11:50 AM
  • hook, caruthersville is currenty posting a position open for physical education and health on moteachingjobs.com. Which begs the question, why could'nt Heeb just moved into one of those positions?

-- Posted by GSP on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 11:57 AM

Well word is that Nathan Morgan, the head football coach will be taking the PE job once Dona Clark retires. That job is already filled, just not official.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 12:30 PM
  • Okay. Thanks for that information Cheese.

-- Posted by GSP on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 12:33 PM
  • Class 2 BERNIE!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 1:10 PM
  • Got SC at about 10th, nerd. Only 11 Seniors deep. I appreciate the high praise though and I'm sure the kids do too, Thank You!

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 8:36 PM
  • Also thanks for posting all those threads, now I won't have to!!!!!...LOL

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 8:39 PM
  • That is correct cville has no spots open so it will be tricky. The spots posted will be filled from within. Heeb has gone on record in the paper saying his assistant Lamont Bell would be a great choice to follow him. The players love Lamont and that would seem like the logical choice.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 9:47 PM
  • By no means will Oran be the top team in the area but they should be greatly improved from this years quarterfinal team. They return three all-conference/all-district players and will have a good number of kids move up from this year's undefeated jayvee team.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Mar 20, 2012, at 2:22 PM
  • Charleston will still be good ! What about scc ?

-- Posted by BlueJay Fan on Tue, Mar 20, 2012, at 6:05 PM

As far as rankings to start it would b CHS then SHS.. As the season progresses time will tell who fills the role. Every team loses alot of big players except maybe Cville..I'll keep my opions to myself until I see first couple if games from the various school. SHS will do ok. SCC will lose the most I think j porter isn't his brother an banks is ok. Only time will tell. Parham can't get it done Alone so who knows..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Mar 20, 2012, at 6:40 PM

Parham is not the only BlueJay returning; remember, the Jays, like Sikeston, went 9-10 deep and had a very talented 1-loss jayvee unit. The Jays return 4 players who got lots of playing time, this year, in Parham, Hull, Carter and Watkins.

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Mar 20, 2012, at 6:58 PM
  • Stlfan38,

Would you do us all a favor and just not talk about basketball. You seem to know very little about the game. Thank you.

-- Posted by indianchief on Tue, Mar 20, 2012, at 9:31 PM

I think Kennett just might surprise some teams in Class 4 next year!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Mar 20, 2012, at 9:54 PM
  • I think the top two teams will again be Sikeston and Charleston with Sikeston being my number 1 and Charleston 2, right now. Then a mix of ND, Cape, Jackson and maybe a couple of other teams. We'll have to wait till the season starts to see if the gap between the top 2 teams and everyone else has changed. Just 8 long months till the new season starts.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 2:01 AM

Guess they hating on u Hate like u hate on everybody else. I agree that Scott should be playing over McGee if we look at comparison No doubt.I still say CHS will be alright Parham will have to score others will contribute but he will be the go to guy. It's not about points if he gets the ball making assist then that's a game in itself.. I wouldnt put SHS 1st but close running. SHS has a style where the really hav to hav 10 deep to produce produce.. SHS next really strong year will be with the 9 graders coming an JT as a senior they will run ten deep that year. Until then SHS will be ok but not stellar

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 2:32 PM

I don't read to well best pg not

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 3:48 PM

I don't read to well best pg not

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 3:48 PM

Among the best yes the best heck naww that's not hating..I'n the area probably Porter because he took a team that wasnt suppose to do much to a title.CHS won by the cards fallen in their favor really. Before u Hate CHS was good were they better than some teams that got put out no.Look at Duke are they the better team all around probably did they lose heck yes. Mizzou better team probably loss to a team that where hittin bank threes then lose by 35 n next round.So the cards where in CHS favor It's a new year so tome will tell u act like CHS is the only team that had guards that can dish an play d please.. There is a talented guard on several Bootheel teams. I still say this Hate on me pops up when another account got it's licensed revoked. U spell the same haterade on all other schools except CHS.. U r absolutely the revokee... SMH

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 3:59 PM

You know the old saying, "sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good"

To win a state title, you have to be good, but it also requires a little luck. Charleston had a little luck in their game against Mt Vernon; they showed that they're good in the game against Hogan Prep.

Funny that when Sikeston won the state title, last year, they were better than everyone else; when Charleston wins, it's because luck was involved. Maybe I need to use Charleston's luck and start playing the lottery; gosh, been lucky 11 times, now!!!!

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 4:36 PM

Here we go with another bird.I didnt say anything about SHS being better they had some close games last year no doubt.They were contested SHS had a big thing in their favor depth 10deep.It took all that to win know doubt.And yes CHS won against Hogan and lucked on Mt V.so chill out man dang..I respect the game I attented CHS with Corbett an Moe and Lamont Chism Dixon so I have histry with CHS.So dont get bent out of shape maybe my wife is from SHS and i have to keep a happy home..lol I still say with the talent that came throu SHS with beard and porter etc they should have at least 3 but only have one.with a couple 2nd place finishes.It is what it is.SHS runs the same sysytem with no variation and Chs mixes it up.Unles SHS runs ten they wont win again with a no change system.IMO.Case in point Imagine ran a offense similar to SHS ran with them so the theory of tiring a team out didnt happen because your guys were as equally tired as they were with a 7 man rotation.So in two years SHS will contend because they will have another 5in5out rotation.IMO.Thats what its about opinion.Provided that all the guys stay in school

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 5:36 PM

Maybe you need to write what's coming out of your mind; that might help!

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 5:44 PM

OK BIRD BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...If someone says something in your favor r dispute you are just a disgruntled person period..I speak whats on my mind most of the time trust that..Only a fool talks whats coming out their mind 100% of the time.Im not a fool so I dont..DO you?????????????Some Bird fans arent satisfied with a win r a loss u still complain.U win u complain u lose u complain.Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.Im done.the forum is about what rightttttt... CHS will hold the one SHS will come close with two With ND and Kennet an Bernie getting my other votes.Dont know about SC and SCC probably wont be a big threat in class 1 althoiugh U never know what SHS body will commute to go play there next year.I never understood how yiou could live in Sikeston drive to scott county everyday and play ball..hmmm scratching my head on that one.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 6:08 PM
  • He hate me, stlfan38,

paragraph's, comma's.....they invented them for a reason.

I would love to read and understand your comments, but unfortunatly........

-- Posted by NOMOball on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 8:13 PM

:-( so sore foe you nomoob I rest till next year have fun.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Mar 21, 2012, at 9:46 PM
  • The single classic response to being out witted? Blame it on the grammar. But since you brought it up, in your statement what exactly are those "paragraph's" and "comma's" possessing? O.o

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Thu, Mar 22, 2012, at 7:22 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: