Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: A look back at the Arnold Ryan-led Puxico Indians

Posted by stang22 on Thu, Apr 12, 2012, at 9:41 AM:

(I know I'm a new guy on this forum, but I figured what I've posted below would be of interest to those of you on this forum. Even though I'm not from your part of the state, I have a high regard for the hoops and the tradition in SEMO. Hope you enjoy!)

Frailey's Mustang Mania is proud to bring you an in-depth look at the legendary Arnold Ryan's Indians of Puxico from the late 1940s/early 1950s. Through the past nine months, we have traveled the state doing interviews and research and wrapped up this episode last weekend with a trip to Puxico and Springfield.

This story encompasses a three-part episode with interviews with Matt Chaney (author of the book "My Name is Mister Ryan"), Matt's father Louis (a '49 grad of Puxico who played on Coach Ryan's first great teams) and Leon Cookson (a sharpshooter on the undefeated '51 squad and a member of one of our state's most famous coaching families).

Hope you find this episode and links included to be informative, interesting and a source of pride for those of you who are fans of hoops in this part of the state:

http://www.ihigh.com/mustangroundball/article_116233.html

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: