Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Who is going to fill these spots?

Posted by PO526 on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 9:50 AM:

Dexter- ??

Poplar Bluff- ??

SCC- ??

They are all good programs that have had success in the past. They dont have the brightest future but if a good coach comes in and works hard, they will be alright.

Replies (14)

• Just throwin it out there but Dexter has Coach Walker who coached at Richland a couple of years back and Coach Dowdy who was at Advance. Walker I think works at Dexter and Dowdy is coming to Dexter from Fisk or Brosley. Couple of options there.

-- Posted by always619 on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 10:54 AM
  • Just throwin it out there but Dexter has Coach Walker who coached at Richland a couple of years back and Coach Dowdy who was at Advance. Walker I think works at Dexter and Dowdy is coming to Dexter from Fisk or Brosley. Couple of options there.

-- Posted by always619 on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 10:56 AM
  • yikkes, opnenings everywhere. i hearded from someboy that would know that coach hole is gonna come back to dexter. i wonder if he wil?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 11:25 AM
  • Coach Hale is not coming back to Dexter to coach. I think he is pretty happy in his current position. Dowdy is a hometown guy and knows the game. Don't know coach walker. ???

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 11:46 AM
  • Coach Hale is not coming back to Dexter to coach. I think he is pretty happy in his current position. Dowdy is a hometown guy and knows the game. Don't know coach walker. ???

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 11:46 AM
  • dexter naive, just whot do you know Bucko? i did just not say aobut coach hale, i said coach hall sounds like you needs to go back to shcool and learn to read. and write.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 12:18 PM
  • Walker was at Richland. Had The Thornton boys and won 20 or so games. He was there a couple of years I believe. I think he came from Puxico. Knows the game well. I thought Bluff already had a new coach coming in From Wilburn or something like that?

-- Posted by always619 on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 12:21 PM

@bearcat1forall {ROFL}

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 12:42 PM
  • always69 just who is this Waker fello you just are have bin talkin bout? i know puxiho had some good teams back in abouts 1900 or so maybe just a little afer that. if he is kin to those playsers ther then he cuold be a good coach at dexter.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 12:52 PM
  • He coached baseball over at Puxico in 2009 and went and coached Varsity basketball at Richland in 2010 and did fine. I remember his team from the Christmas tourney in 2010 almost beat Dexter. Almost.

-- Posted by always619 on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 1:03 PM

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 1:40 PM
  • bearcat1forall,

Perhaps you should look at what you wrote. It says "coach Hole". I would think a normal reader would take that to mean Hale, not Hall.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 1:57 PM
  • I guess I've been out of the loop but has Coach Rob Nichols resigned/been fired as the Dexter boys' basketball coach? I know Coach Rick Schwab has resigned as the wrestling coach and I found out today that Coach Sitze has resigned as the golf coach. Looks like major changes are coming to Dexter's sports programs!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 4:29 PM

I really liked coach Sitze, he was a great coach.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 1, 2012, at 4:42 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: