Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston basketball fans

Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 8:18 AM:

SEMO has signed Martavian Payne formerly of imagine Prep. he played against sikeston last year. just curious how good you guys think he is and can be. is he better than Jared white, worse? just looking for an idea of what type of player we can expect to see

Replies (7)

• Hard to compare them because they play different positions, but if I were to pick one over the other I'd take Payne. Pure scorer that can shoot from anywhere.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 8:52 AM
  • He is good. Can play both positions and tough off the dribble. Definitely a combo (PG&SG). He and Jared have the same build. They are both as tough as they come. I coached Jared a few summers ago and he played with a broken nose. Didnt even want to get it fixed. Payne played with bum knee through out the playoffs last year. So they both are what you want in your program. I like what SEMO is doing. Keep it in Missouri.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:02 AM
  • i thinks i wouln take marpavisian pane any days of the week Bucko ch2mrh! i just could may be gard him if i di not hjave a bum knee. he is good

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:16 AM
  • So where is payne playing this season?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:31 AM

College Preparatory High School, its like the new Imagine Prep.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:40 AM
  • They may be pretty tuff again, they awfully good last year!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:50 AM
  • In my opinion, Payne is better. White is good, but Payne shoots it better and is able to get to the hole better. Payne is a good sign for SEMO.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:55 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: