Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Cape Central vs. NMCC

Posted by semohoops on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:22 AM:

This could be the best game of the first round of the tournament tonight at 7:30. Cape Central has a young team but Jamal Cox is one of best post players around and they have an exciting freshman playing. NMCC has arguably the best sophomore around in Jimmerson and two of their players originally played at Cape Central, so you know there's going to be two teams battling hard. I am predicting NMCC to pull the upset tonight, but I think it will be a close one like the Jackson-Notre Dame game last night. Then I will be very interested to see if NMCC can compete with Sikeston. How much have they improved and can they hang with the Bulldogs? Those are things I will be interested in seeing tonight.

Replies (13)

• NMCC BY 50 probally.. CAPE LOST TO ST. JAMES. OUR 7th GRADE TEAM CAN BEAT ST.JAMES

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:25 AM
  • I didn't realize Sikeston allowed students to use cell phones at school???

-- Posted by Swish on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 10:33 AM

They aren't actuaaly a Sikeston fan. Please don't feed the troll.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:28 AM
  • Haha dont feed the troll, thats funny!! Im glad nmcc is improving, hopefully theyre coming out of a down cycle. I'd like to see an upset. Havent seen either team, though.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:42 AM
  • I think if cape won it'd be an upset

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 11:57 AM
  • It does seem like most people are picking NMCC to win this game. The Eagles seem like the more experienced team.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:04 PM
  • semopoops, just whot is it to yous Bucko? you just not think do not think that nmkc can win or wont not pal? cape cntral is just dang good Bucko and will shows you whot is up if you do not come to plya ball brother.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:06 PM

What does NMCC's inside game look like?

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 12:32 PM
  • They have some decent looking athletes that should be able to match up with Cape's size, including the Haney kid that moved from Cape. He's about 6-4 and athletic. I don't believe Cape has a guard that can match up with Jimmerson. But NMCC doesn't have anybody like a Jamal Cox. I think it will be a good game. I'm curious of what kind of crowd Cape and NMCC will bring. NMCC typically does not have a very large fan base, but maybe with the prospects that they may have an improved team perhaps they will show their support. Cape is hit or miss.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:20 PM

Sounds like it'll likely come down to who can handle the ball then..which means guard play is the biggest factor...which means I'll join most of the others here and lean towards New Madrid.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:23 PM
  • I don't think NMCC will be able to stop Cox down low, but NMCCs guards are much more athletic and talented. Haney is one of the most athletic kids in the SEMO area but cannot handle the ball and can't shoot, so I would force the ball to his hands if I was Cape. Haven't seen Jimmerson play yet but have heard a lot of good things about him. Armando Thatch is very good at getting to into the paint and getting to the line, a very strong guard. The only way that Central can win this game is if the guards can handle the ball and get Cox the ball. I have Cape by 3, but only if they can get Cox the ball.

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 2:06 PM
  • I haven't seen Cape play yet, but did see NMCC play in the Riverbend Tournament. I believe you'll be impressed with Jimmerson. He is fun to watch and can get to the rim or dish very effectively. NMCC by 10.

-- Posted by Shoot on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 2:43 PM
  • Cape has a very solid group of guards this year, I'm just not sure if they're ready to handle the pressure yet. Cox will be very solid, but Haney is athletic enough to hang with him. I really want to see Jimmerson play but I can't make it down tonight.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 4:03 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: