3. Clarkton

4. Cairo

5. Risco

6. East Carter County

7. Gideon

8. Cooter

Any Predictions?

Replies (15)

• Gosnell by 15 over clarkton. But I don't know much about piggott this year so they may beat clarkton but gosnell should win it either way.

-- Posted by basketballfan33 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:46 PM
  • Agreed basketballfan33 about Gosnell. Risco should be a little more competetive if Knight comes back from injury by then and Cairo is a wild card. Just don't know anything about them.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Clarkton is quickly emerging as a perennial powerhouse in the Tri-County Conference this season.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 10:22 PM
  • I don't see them as a powerhouse I see them as another team who is getting a little better as the season progresses. They have a slim to none chance of winning the Tri-county conference.

-- Posted by basketballfan33 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 10:46 PM

Text is sponsored by Webster's Dictionary. Doesn't perennial denote that they have been the powerhouse of the conference for several years prior? Considering it was Holcomb and Risco last year and North Pemiscot was in the mix the year or two before that, I would say perennial powerhouse is not what Clarkton is becoming especially with Holcomb still in said conference. We've found another Dustin Ward special.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 10:50 PM
  • Perennial power house in the Tri-Co. Conference itself is funny enough.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:05 PM
  • Why do you guys pick on Dustin? for real does that make you any more of a man? Dustin is just stating what he thinks to be true. So for real you guys should lay off.

-- Posted by Hornets on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:13 PM
  • Why are you picking on us we are just stating what we think to be true.

-- Posted by basketballfan33 on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:35 PM
  • If it's like usual, Clarkton's program will cannibalize itself by midseason and become a non-factor anyway. It will likely be Risco who finishes second in that conf. again.

-- Posted by No sir on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 8:13 AM
  • No sir, keep your negative comments about clarkton boys to yourself. Noone from Clarkton are on here bashing other teams.

-- Posted by kdjones on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 11:21 AM
  • sideline starter

That would depend on if the word perennial is referring to what a program has done in the past or what a program is likely to do in the future in the conference.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 2:03 PM
  • The future of the Tri-Co is very bleak. Their two largest schools, Holcomb and Campbell, are leaving for the Bootheel. With their baseball program, I'm sure Cooter will follow suit ASAP. Leaves the cupboard pretty bare.

-- Posted by No sir on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 2:36 PM
  • You are right no sir, may end upwith a bootheel north and south or bootheel small and large in the near future. A lot of the class two schools will be class three in the next two year cycle.

-- Posted by kdjones on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 3:10 PM
  • Perhaps Richland or East Prairie would consider a move to the Tri-County Conference. Any thoughts?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 3:18 PM
  • I would like to see a couple teams move into the Tri-County since Campbell and Holcomb are leaving. I could potentially see Richland move into it in the future to be more competitive.

-- Posted by dont worry on Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 10:33 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: