1. Risco

2. Clarkton

3. Naylor

4. North Pemiscot

5. Delta C-7

6. Gideon

7. Southland

8. Koshkonong

Looks to me like Risco should win another district championship. Your thoughts?

Replies (17)

• The district is at Gideon by the way.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 10:00 PM
  • I thought Delta C-7 would be seeded slightly higher but I'm hoping Risco can win their 4th straight district title! Not gonna be easy though!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 10:22 PM
  • For Risco to play so close to Holcomb tonight but get beat so bad by leopold early tells me they are improving there district is there's to lose they should get a chance like last year to take another step closer

-- Posted by B-ball-fan on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:00 PM
  • it depends on what clarkton team shows up, clarkton plays real well on gideons's floor always. it is risco's to lose, but, they are not way better than clarkton.

-- Posted by kdjones on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 6:44 AM
  • Naylor could win the this if you don't watch it . They are pretty good.

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 6:58 AM
  • Koshkonong as a Sleeper....

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 7:54 AM
  • BTW. Is Koshkonong a Vietnamese foreign exchange team?

If so, rebounding should not be a problem...

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 8:05 AM
  • Risco has beaten clarkton three times this year. I'm sure they'll be ready for the fourth time. Delta c really has a great team . They had some if the boys playing on jv in conference tournament but will move up for districts! Better watch them there gonna but tough!

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 8:15 AM
  • Proud pa pa, didn't Delta C-7 just get hammered by North Pem in the T-CCT? I'd say the future is bright for the Chargers, but not this season. They are much improved, I'll give them that. But as far as I can see, only Clarkton and Naylor have a reasonable shot to upset Risco and only if the Tigers have a bad night.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 9:56 AM
  • Risco has had a few bad nights this year! But most of the time they rise to the occasion . Yes they did get beat by n pem but there a much better team when they move the jv boys up. Like you said not this year maybe but next year or the next. That's the trouble with schools like Risco and delta c7, not enough kids to have a jv. They miss out on that experience and playing time! Our jv boys haven't gotten to play but a couple of complete games this year. Although we started out with 14 boys this year were down to 11. Something's gotta give. They call all these schools small schools, advance had 30 boys on varsity and jv that's more boys than we have in school!

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 5:27 PM

Proud pa pa, I understand what you are saying. Richland has only 9 boys on both varsity and JV. We have not played a full jv game all year. LOL that small school poll needs to differenciate between just small and really small.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 6:33 PM
  • The only reason Delta lost to N.P. is because the whole team was very sick, some were out of school with the flu and the ones that did play could barely hold their heads up. Risco beat Delta earlier this year at Risco, only by 9 points. Delta can have a good night and Risco have a bad night, then anything can happen. Seen this many times over the years. Goodluck to all!

-- Posted by bigeyes on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 8:17 PM
  • Well bigeyes, Delta C-7 will get the chance to prove you right as they will have a rematch with North Pem in districts.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 8:21 PM
  • I am from Clarkton and unbiased when it comes to the North Pem/Delta C-7 conference tournament match-up. bigeyes is telling the truth about the boys being out with the flu and the other boys playing sick, I was told the same thing by a co-worker, she is a big supporter of the school and has a daughter that is a cheerleader, so like you said Preacher Man Fan, they have a rematch to prove who really is the better team.

-- Posted by kdjones on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 9:20 PM
  • To be honest, I think Risco has the best shot. I think the rest of the teams,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th are pretty evenly matched. Delta has some really great kids as well as alot of the other schools, I've seen alot of good sportsmanship this year, Goodluck to all!

-- Posted by bigeyes on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 10:40 PM
  • That's my point exactly! Risco has played most of the year with sick and injured boys not at 200%. You can't look down the bench and put someone in their place cause there ain't no one! ! But we live our small schools and good luck to all of them! Just wish we all had more kids! Our schools do a great job of playing the cards were dealt. First time Risco played Holcomb, knight was out and they got beat by 24. The other two games we only lost by 5&6 points. One man makes a big difference.

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:21 AM
  • Can't overlook naylor either, there 11-9 with some pretty close games in their losses!

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:40 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: