Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Bernie Inv. Basketball Tournament

Posted by drawmules on Thu, Nov 19, 2009, at 10:53 PM:

The seedings have been released for the Bernie Inv. Tournament. Bernie is the top seed yet again this season. Here are the seedings:

1. Bernie

2. Bloomfield

3. Risco

4. Campbell

5. East Prairie

6. Puxico

7. Holcomb

8. Twin Rivers JV

A complete schedule for the tournament is available at this link http://www.bernie.k12.mo.us/admin/HomeTourneyBracket_7thPlaceGame.pdf

Any thoughts on this year's tournament? Any predictions?

Replies (9)

• Does anybody have any thoughts on this tournament? Can Twin Rivers JV win a game in a varisty tournament? What will happen when Risco plays Puxico in the first round? Who would win a Bloomfield/Risco semi-final?

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Nov 25, 2009, at 7:46 PM

Why couldn't Bernie just have drawn a BYE. Gezz I guess if you want to win 20 games playing a JV team is the way to do it. Surely the guy will play some of the guys who don't get much playing time.

-- Posted by Blam it on the Ref on Thu, Nov 26, 2009, at 10:34 PM
  • Blam it on the Ref

I believe it is important to recognize not having eight teams in the tournament has a significant impact on the entire tournament. Without adding another team the loser of the Campbell/East Prairie game would not have anyone to play until the consolation championship. The loser of the consolation semi-final game would also not have anyone to play in the seventh place game. The goal if for everyone to play as many games as possible early in the season. I think Bernie will win 20 games with or without a first round BYE. It should be interesting to see how many other teams in Stoddard County can win 20 games. Hopefully, an eighth team will enter the tournament next year. But Twin Rivers JV might provide better competition to Bernie than some of the other varsity teams could if there were eight varsity teams in this tournament.

Great to here someone respond to this thread. I look forward to seeing additional comments as the week progresses.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Nov 26, 2009, at 11:37 PM
  • Twin Rivers JV is holding a spot for Twin Rivers varisty in 2010

-- Posted by RB_14 on Fri, Nov 27, 2009, at 12:13 AM
  • RB_14

This is the kind of information I love to get on this forum. I think it would be great to add Twin Rivers to this tournament. The tournament could use some larger schools.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Nov 27, 2009, at 11:34 AM
  • Although unlikely, I think it'd be great if there were some upsets in this tournament. Here's how I see it going. First Round: Bernie over Twin Rivers JV, Bloomfield over Holcomb, Risco over Puxico, and Campbell over EP. Second Round: Bernie over Campbell, Bloomfield and Risco will be a good game to watch, I'd put my money on Bloomfield though. And Puxico and EP in the consolation finals. I also venture to put TR's JV as the winner of the 7th place game (interesting right?). Another good game, Campbell and Risco for 3rd place, I put Campbell ahead. Puxico wins the consolation bracket, and Bernie wins it all. I guess we'll see what actually happens next week!

-- Posted by Mulesfan on Fri, Nov 27, 2009, at 10:17 PM
  • It should be interesting to see what East Prairie does in the tournament. I agree with most of these predictions. However, I'm unsure if Puxico defeats East Prairie in the consolation finals. I'll have to watch East Prairie once before I offer a prediction. I'm not even convinced Campbell will beat East Prairie.

I think we all agree Twin Rivers will be a welcomed addition to the tournament next year. The tournament desperately needs a school like Twin Rivers added to it.

I like Bernie winning the tournament. I really want to see Risco in the finals. I just love the Tiger fans. They love their basketball at Risco. I think a Bernie/Risco final would be thrilling. Bernie and Bloomfield will play each other later in the season anyways.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Nov 27, 2009, at 11:41 PM
  • Haha Bernie will probably play Bloomfield 3 or 4 times this season. And I agree, I would love to see Risco and Bernie in the finals!

-- Posted by Mulesfan on Sat, Nov 28, 2009, at 3:45 PM
  • Can Risco upset Bloomfield on Thursday? What do you think Bernie Inv. Tournament fans? What do you think Risco fans? Talk to me Risco!!!

I predict Bloomfield defeats Risco. But I could be wrong.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Dec 2, 2009, at 4:59 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: