630 winner's bracket semi

800 winner's bracket semi

Fri

5pm consolation final

630 third place

800 championship

Any thoughts??????

Replies (6)

• after reading the paper's Preview, everyone thinks this is going to be a good year.

I don't see how Kelly got the 5 seed when they don't even bring back 1 starter from last year. Must have been a talented JV last year.

I also have to agree with a former post about Leopold's JV record being suspect as a lot of teams play their best sophs up. I saw Leopold play 4 or 5 times last year and I thought their biggest weaknesses was handling the ball and bringing it up the court against pressure. If those incoming juniors were so good, why weren't they playing varsity last year.

Coach Brown is full of it, there is no way his team will be as good as last. Again, depending on too many first year varsity players.

Coach Miller is even more full of it, over at BC. He says they will play Southeas Missouri basketball, "it's not flashy or quick". I thought SEMO basketball was pushing the ball as much as possible. Apparently he's never been to St. Louis and watched basketball up there. Now that's slow, not bad, just slow.

-- Posted by peas_and_carrots on Mon, Nov 23, 2009, at 1:17 PM

All these coaches are full of it huh? I guess as a coach your supposed to go into a seed meeting and say my team is awful seed us last, we won't win a game, and walk all over me while your at it. A coach's responsibility to his team is to fight for the best or right seed. Coaches have to try and figure out what seed gives them to best chance to succeed. But there are always people like you that want to sit back from the bleachers and criticize every move, so whatever floats your boat Forrest and Jenny

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Tue, Nov 24, 2009, at 9:01 AM
  • How am I full of it.........we are the 6th seed?

-- Posted by RB_14 on Tue, Nov 24, 2009, at 10:26 AM
  • I was talking about the preview that was in the paper. There is no way Meadow Heights will be better than what they were last year. Only a couple of players with a lot of varsity experience. They may play against easier teams this year which might in turn lead to a better record than last year, but last year's team featured one of the best back courts in the conference and district, and this year's club will rely on inexperienced juniors and a sophomore.

-- Posted by peas_and_carrots on Tue, Nov 24, 2009, at 11:41 AM
  • The Oran Tournament should have some really close games when Scott County Central is not playing. I have several questions about the Oran Tournament.

1. Is Twin Rivers better than a six seed?

2. Can anyone stop an Advance/Scott County Central championship?

3. Is this finally Richland's year? Sources tell me Richland may be the most improved team in Southeast Missouri.

4. Can anyone play Scott County Central with 10 points?

5. What happens in the Oran/Kelly first round game?

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Nov 25, 2009, at 7:56 PM
  • WHY GRIPE BOUT THE SEEDINGS FOR? EVERYONE KNOWS WHO IS GOING TO WIN THE ORAN TOURN. NOBODY IN THE AREA CAN MATCH UP WITH SCC SO QUIT FUSSING AND WATCH SCC WIN IT ........

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Nov 27, 2009, at 6:04 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: