Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Week of Dec. 14 Basketball Scores

Posted by drawmules on Sun, Dec 13, 2009, at 2:59 PM:

It has been an interesting season. I have watched 32 varsity teams play in 33 varity games this year. So far I have seen the following games:

NMCC vs. West Memphis, Ark.; Poplar Bluff vs. Pine Bluff, Ark.; Scott County Central vs. Lincoln High, Texas; Charleston vs. Memphis Central, Tenn.; Charleston vs. Pine Bluff; Poplar Bluff vs. Memphis Central; NMCC vs. Lincoln High; Scott County Central vs. West Memphis; Bernie vs. Twin Rivers JV; Richland vs. Twin Rivers; East Prairie vs. Twin Rivers JV; Bloomfield vs. Holcomb; Risco vs. Puxico; Holcomb vs. Puxico; Bernie vs. Campbell; Bloomfield vs. Risco; Twin Rivers JV vs. Puxico; East Prairie vs. Holcomb; Campbell vs. Risco; Bernie vs. Bloomfield; South Pemiscot vs. Gideon; Hayti vs. Senath; Gosnell, Ark. vs. Clarkton; North Pemiscot vs. Caruthersville; Sikeston vs. Dexter; NMCC vs. Jackson; Poplar Bluff vs. Cape Central; Bernie vs. Saxony Lutheran; Charleston vs. Cape Central; Sikeston vs. NMCC; Poplar Bluff vs. Notre Dame; Richland vs. Bloomfield; and Twin Rivers vs. Portageville.

This week I will get my first look at Cooter, Woodland, Delta C-7, Neelyville, Naylor, Herculaneum, Chester, Ill., Farmington, St. Vincent, Valle, Maplewood-Richmond Heights, Perryville, Oakville, Whitfield, and Ballard Co. (Ky.) Memorial. I plan on attending the Clarkton Holiday Tournament Monday, the Bernie/Woodland game Tuesday, the Campbell Holiday Tournament Thursday, the Bernie/Bell City game Friday, and the Heartland Hoopfest Saturday. I will try to post some scores for some of these games.

I hope to see someone posting results from the Clarkton and Campbell tournaments throughout the week. I also look forward to seeing scores from other area games posted.

It should be an interesting week!

I will have a very special forum post next Sunday. I will keep it a surprise for now. But I will give everyone a hint. The hint is Santa Claus.

Replies (93)

• Thanks for starting this thread!

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 3:48 PM
  • Caruthersville leads Hayti JV 61-22 at halftime.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 5:31 PM
  • Caruthersville defeats Hayti JV 110-38.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 6:04 PM
  • At halftime Gideon leads Cooter 31-22.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 6:48 PM
  • At the end of the third quarter Gideon leads cooter45-41? Could we have our first upset of the Clarkton Holiday Tournament on Monday?

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:15 PM
  • 4:00 remaining Gideon54/Cooter52.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:23 PM
  • 4:00 remaining Gideon54/Cooter52.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:26 PM
  • 58-58 2:17 remaining.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:28 PM
  • 1:17 left 63-62 Gideon.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:30 PM
  • 67-65 Gideon 0:19 left.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:34 PM
  • Gideon defeats Cooter 70-65.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:37 PM
  • Just by looking at the half time score, I suspect the Wildcats got in foul trouble. Their bench is short and they have a starter out. Looks like they almost made it back but ran out of gas. Coach Beckwith gets a lot of his players and demands they play hard. The first few games Gideon has had a rough start but have good young players that should be competitive the next couple of years.

-- Posted by mac baseball on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 7:54 PM
  • End of third quarter, Sikeston leads Ste Genevieve 77-24.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 8:10 PM
  • At halftime Gosnell, Ark. leads Holcomb 39-18. Best of luck to both teams in the second half. I am headed home to take an online final on the History & Philosophy of the American Mass Media.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 8:18 PM
  • Final: Sikeston over Ste Genevieve 100-30.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Dec 14, 2009, at 8:20 PM
  • Bernie defeated Woodland 78-37.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 10:08 PM
  • I've been out of town. Anybody have the score of the Sikeston game tonight?

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 10:15 PM
  • Cooter over Holcomb 74-65 and Risco over Clarkton by 20.

-- Posted by badams2s on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 10:20 PM
  • I heard from my son that Sikeston beat Perryville 88-27. I can't confirm this, but that's what he said.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 10:25 PM
  • Correction: Sikeston v Perryville score was 83-25. Important stat: over the last 3 games, Sikeston is shooting 71.8% from the free throw line. If they can keep up that percentage Sikeston fans should be pleased.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 9:33 AM
  • why was the jackson score not in the paper.

-- Posted by coachmirly on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 12:48 PM
  • Another year with a weak schedule for Sikeston and Charleston.Charleston needs to re- enter the Superman Classic,play Vashaun,Cardinal Ritter,Marshall Co. KY,Oseola,AR.Sikeston needs to do the same,100 points against St.Gen doesn't mean anything,maybe it would in a regular season rematch against quarterfinal foe Borgia.

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 1:41 PM

St. Gen. is a district opponent for Sikeston.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 2:14 PM
  • Ste. Gen and Perryville are both district opponents. Plus, Sikeston dropped out of the Superman Classic to get into the tougher Poplar Bluff Showdown. Last year Sikeston dropped Oran to pick up SCC. Nice try jayjayblue. You're going to have to find something else to bash on, although I know it's tough when SHS is undefeated and turbo-clocking everybody.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 2:26 PM
  • there would be a tubo clock against scc just not in sikeston faver

-- Posted by braves84 on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 8:58 PM
  • Saw on mosports.com that Borgia is now ranked #47 in the NATION. I don't know the source of the ranking.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 10:57 PM
  • Crader do you know if state rankings have been released for Missouri? When will state rankings be released?

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 11:43 PM
  • Crader is there any way we can have a bracket contest for the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament even if the prizes are not as good? I think coupons for free tacos at Taco Bell would be a good prize. I understand if the answer is no. But prizes or not I think a bracket contest for the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament would still be fun. I have another thought but it would require the Bloomfield school's cooperation. Every year the Bloomfield tournament sells 100 VIP passes to the tournament. The passes cost $100. If you buy a pass you get reserved parking, a reserved stadium seat, and access to the hospitality room. Would it be possible to work out an agreement that the winner of a bracket contest at Bloomfield would get a free VIP pass to next year's tournament??? It's just a thought. I understand if the tournament is out of your territory. But it is a great idea!!!

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Dec 16, 2009, at 11:55 PM

Go Braves, you must be delusional. No sane fan on Sikeston's or SCC's side would predict a blowout either way.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 8:16 AM
  • Hey go braves, did you forget already?

Feb. 11, Show Me Center

Sikeston 86, Scott Central 85

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 10:51 AM
  • I'll be in Campbell tonight watching the Campbell Tournament. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. I had to stop by the Sugar Shack in Campbell for a medium twist milkshake before the game. I think the Sugar Shack is right up there with the Freeze Queen. Anyways, getting back to the games. At 4:30 p.m. There is a consolation semifinal between Naylor and Delta C-7. Championship semifinal games begin at 6:00 p.m. with North Pemiscot taking on Armorel, Ark. At 7:30 p.m. Campbell battles Neelyville. I cannot wait to see Neelyville for the first time this year! I am also excited about getting another opportunity to watch one of the best Class 1 teams in SEMO again, the North Pemiscot Mustangs. I better hurry up and finish my milkshake at the Sugar Shack. It's getting close to 4:30.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 4:12 PM
  • Delta C-7 leads Naylor 33-26.

Time for a history lesson . . . Does anyone know how one of the teams featured in th next game, Armorel, got its name? If nobody comes up with the correct answer I'll give it out later tonight. Do you know the correct answer to this question Crader?

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 5:17 PM
  • Delta C-7 defeats Naylor 68-48.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 5:58 PM
  • Armorel leads North Pemiscot 9-8 at the end of the first quarter.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 6:14 PM
  • North Pemiscot leads Armorel 25-24 at halftime.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 6:30 PM
  • At the end of the third quarter North Pemiscot leads Armorel 35-32.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 6:55 PM
  • 4:00 remaining North Pemiscot leads Armorel 43-35.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:04 PM
  • 3:08 remaining North Pemiscot leads Armorel 46-42.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:09 PM
  • 3:08 remaining North Pemiscot leads Armorel 46-42.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:09 PM
  • 0:56 left NP leads 48-46.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:16 PM
  • 0:37 left NP leads 50-46. NP ball.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:18 PM
  • Armorel gets a steal and a basket. 50-48 NP 0:21 left.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:20 PM
  • Mustangs win again!!! Final score North Pemiscot 53 Armorel, Ark. 50.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:26 PM
  • Here is the answer to the regarding how Armorel received it's name. The town is located along the border between Missouri and Arkansas. The AR stands for Arkansas. The MO stands for Missouri. The REL stands for Robert E. Lee.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:38 PM
  • At the end of the first quarter Neelyville leads Campbell 24-15.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 7:53 PM
  • At halftime Neelyville leads Campbell 45-44.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 8:15 PM
  • At the end of the third quarter Campbell leads Neelyville 71-64.

Note: Neelyville has two starters with four fouls at the end of the third quarter.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 8:51 PM
  • 3:10 remaining Campbell leads Neelyville 81-68.

Note: neelyville has three starters that have fouled out.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:06 PM

New Madrid beats Doniphan 70 to 42! GO EAGLES!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:07 PM
  • Zalma is playing for first place Saturday in the Southern Reynolds County Tournament at Ellington - not sure against whom or what time, though.

-- Posted by Kitty Purry on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:16 PM
  • Campbell defeats Neelyville 91-77.HomepageHomepage

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:20 PM
  • Anyone know the Gideon/Gosnell score from Clarkton?

-- Posted by badams2s on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:37 PM
  • SEMO HOOPS THERE IS NO MICHAEL PORTER OR CALE LANE THIS YEAR. WHO HAS SIKESTON PLAYED? SCC JV WOULD BE UNDEFEATED PLAYING THOSE TEAMS.

-- Posted by braves84 on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:48 PM
  • Does anyone have any scores from Clarkton?

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 10:59 PM
  • go braves, appparently you aren't much of a Sikeston follower. Cal Lane may have been flashy but his showmanship and greed hurt the team and while he wasn't a bad guy, the team does better without him there in some ways. Also, with Mike gone, the players no longer have the last ditch "pass it to Mike" option. A lot of guys with major talent now have a chance to prove their worth and it makes the team stronger in my opinion.

-- Posted by s-town4292 on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 11:06 PM
  • semosportweb.com is reporting Risco upset top seeded Caruthersville 76-69 Thursday night. This makes the second consecutive year Risco has pulled off an upset in the seminfinals. Risco looks to defend their title tomorrow night in Clarkton. I really wish I could be there to see. Risco fans absolutely love their basketball team. Tomorrow night is going to be an exciting night to be a Risco Tiger. Still no word on who won the other semifinal between Gosnell, Ark. and Gideon.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 11:18 PM
  • I really wish I could be there to see "it." I am so happy for the Risco Tigers. If anyone saw what Risco accomplished last year in the tournament they can appreciate why it is so special Risco has pulled off yet another upset to return to the finals of the tournament this season. Good luck Risco!

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 11:30 PM
  • If there is some interest from other people I can certainly set up a contest for the Bloomfield tournament as well. With it being so late, first prize would be a semoball T-shirt and semoball mini-hoop and basketball. Someone in the office found a small stash of these earlier this week and, in my opinion, they are pretty amazing.

Hopefully we'll be able to provide better and better coverage of other holiday/Christmas tournaments in years to come.

If you haven't signed up for the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament Bracket Contest yet, you can do so here:

http://semissourian.upickem.net/upickem/registration/login.asp?contestid=12609

There are semoball T-shirts and mini-hoops up for grabs as well as a $300 gift certificate for the overall champion.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:49 AM
  • Semohoops,Sikeston exited the Superman Classic to enter the Poplar Bluff Showdown when they haven't won the Superman Cape since '95!Must be tough in its on right.

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:24 AM
  • Semohoops,Sikeston exited the Superman Classic to enter the Poplar Bluff Showdown when they haven't won the Superman Cape since '95!Must be tough in its on right.

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:24 AM
  • ECHO...ECHo...ECho...Echo...echo.....

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:32 AM
  • jay jay is just upset because Charleston sucks so bad this year that he doesn't want to bash his own team so he just lets it all fly on Sikeston!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 11:06 AM
  • Go Braves. Lets review.

Sikeston 86, Scott Central 85

And if they played again this year, Sikeston would beat them again.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 11:55 AM

Only one of the teams sikeston has played so far has a winning record. just sayin.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 12:06 PM
  • Crader

I submitted my proposal on a bracket contest for the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament to the television station that will be broadcasting every game of the Bloomfield Christmas Tournament live this season. They might have the resources and advertisers in the Bloomfield area that would be required to offer better prizes.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 12:16 PM
  • Note: If the Heartland Hoopfest at Perryville is cancelled on Saturday due to poor weather please post. I do not anticipate the event will be cancelled. However, there is a slight chance of snow tomorrow.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 4:40 PM
  • Bernie leads Bell City 46-21 at halftime.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 8:06 PM
  • Berni defeats Bell City 81-44.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 8:36 PM
  • Notre Dame defeats Sikeston 66-61. Wow. That's all I have to say.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:20 PM
  • Kennett defeats Portageville 70-48.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:22 PM
  • I'm surprised too. Sounds like a lot of fouls were called on both sides, along with several turnovers and missed free throws.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:25 PM

Notre Dame beat Sikeston woooooo!!! There really is a Santa! Hahahahahaha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:25 PM
  • GO! NOTRE DAME!

-- Posted by Greeneagles on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:29 PM
  • According to semosportsweb.com. . .

Gosnell, Ark. defeats Risco 77-62 to win Clarkton Tournament.

Caruthersville defeats Gideon 77-36

Oran defeats Delta 80-60

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 9:37 PM
  • Poplar Bluff defeats Dexter 75-44.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:03 PM
  • I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd put it here too. Hope you don't mind.

What a game! Just got back and you couldn't ask for a better contest - aside from the fact that the wrong team won. In all honesty, this was a great basketball game that went down to the wire. I'm terrible with final scores, but I think ND won by either 5 or 7. Here are my postgame thoughts:

1) A VERY tough game to officiate. I'm certainly glad I wasn't an official for this contest. Both teams hacked, reached and pressured the ball. The officials HAD to let a lot go or the game would have been nothing but a free throw shooting contest. At times, it left the impression that the refs were letting too much go, but I really felt like they were in a tough, tough spot. They had to let a lot go or everyone may have fouled out.

2)Free throws: I don't have the final stats, but I know Sikeston had some crucial misses on the front ends of one-and-ones at the end of the game. ND made theirs.

3) To me, the biggest factor in the outcome of the game was ND's half-court defense and Sikeston's inability to solve it. Essentially, in the halfcourt, Sikeston routinely deteriorated to a one on one game with players driving to the basket and simply hoping to beat their man or get an offensive board. It didn't work often enough.

4) Starling and Koeppel (sp?) got into some early foul trouble and had to sit out a lot of minutes. Had that not been the case, I think the final score may have been a bit more lopsided; certainly not a blowout, but perhaps comfortable.

5)Sikeston missed several point blank chances under the basket. Gotta make those.

The district game, should they meet, promises to be another barn burner.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:12 PM
  • Any word on who won the North Pemiscot/Campbell game at the Campbell Tournament?

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:22 PM
  • I just received a report the North Pemiscot/Campbell game started late and may not be over yet.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:27 PM
  • According to semosportsweb . . .

Neelyville defeats Armorel 65-55 in third place game at Campbell Tournament.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 10:33 PM
  • Campbell upsets North Pemiscot to win Campbell Tournament. Final score 65-57.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 11:06 PM
  • See everyone in Perryville tommorow for the Heartland Hoopfest!!!

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Dec 18, 2009, at 11:06 PM
  • does anybody know if scott county won saturday?

-- Posted by kmasters on Sun, Dec 20, 2009, at 8:50 AM

HEY!!!! Where did the North Pem thread go? I really wanted to keep up with that one!!! North Pem got beat...Clarkton got beat by Hayti JV....what is this world coming to?????

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Sun, Dec 20, 2009, at 10:00 PM
  • Red dogs blue dogs niether team has a gaurd that can handle the scc press . just ask Carbondale those dogs were panting after the first quater.

-- Posted by brave power on Wed, Dec 23, 2009, at 7:54 PM
  • I think that's the same thing the SCC fans said last year! Oh yeah! I forgot! It was the ref's fault that SCC lost!

I heard that same excuse from an SCC alum who is an official after they got beat by over 20 by Dallas Lincoln.

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Wed, Dec 23, 2009, at 9:09 PM
  • I WAS THERE FOR THE DALLAS LINCOLN GAME AND YES THEY WON BY 20 .SIKESTON IS NO DALLAS LINCOLN NOT EVAN CLOSE.AND AS FAR LAST YEAR WE GOT ARE#13 and it wasnt there gaurds or sikeston that beat us.and not trying to kick a dead horse but if you have been to very many scc games and i dont just mean highschoolgames jr high girls boys it doesnt mater when they step on the floor the majority of the time they have to beat the refs to.

-- Posted by braves84 on Wed, Dec 23, 2009, at 10:58 PM
  • Dallas Lincoln is the best high school basketball team I have seen since I have been following high school basketball. I am sure there are better teams in the United States this year. But Dallas Lincoln is the best team I have ever observed from the bleachers.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 1:56 AM
  • I'd probably have to agree with that drawmules. Although everybody was talking about the big kids, Dallas-Lincoln's guard play was what helped them pull off such a decisive win, in my opinion. The guards weren't shaken by SCC's press, and that allowed them to get lots of opportunities for Miles and Nash. Pretty complete team.

go braves, you're not helping SCC's case much, neither with your argument nor your grammar. If anything, I think sometimes refs might get a little bit enamored with the Braves and let them get away with some reaching that other teams might get fouls called for. I don't think it's significant, but people expect SCC's defense to be "all hands" so-to-speak, and I think they possibly let a few calls slide.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 2:15 AM
  • "SIKESTON IS NO DALLAS LINCOLN"

Don't think anyone said Sikeston was as good as Dallas Lincoln.

"Not trying to kick a dead horse but if you have been to very many scc games and i dont just mean highschoolgames jr high girls boys it doesnt mater when they step on the floor the majority of the time they have to beat the refs to."

Typical....LOL!!!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 6:57 AM
  • gobraves,

I would love to read your comments. I am truly interested in hearing what you have to say. I am not trying to be critical or bash you at all, but if you would at least look back and preview your comments and make an effort to write something legible it would be appreciated. I have read your most recent post three times, and I'm still not exactly sure what it says.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 10:00 AM
  • Here is some food for thought: a lot of times people really love to bash other teams or blame the officials for a loss, but you never see the good or successful coaches follow this behavior. You never read or hear coaches like Ronnie Cookson, Lennies Mcferren, Jim Bidewell, Greg Holifield, Danny Farmer blame a defeat on other than the fact they got outplayed. They may question calls, but then they immediately get back to coaching their team. They don't get distracted and neither does their team. Maybe that is part of the reason for their success. Another good example is Paul Hale, very successful and probably had single digit technical fouls in 30 years!! Maybe some young coaches and fans could follow this example. Just a thought.

-- Posted by semo ref on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 12:21 PM
  • Semo ref

All good coaches work the officals. Bidewell and Cookson work the refs just as much if not more than other coaches. It is just part of the game. In my opinion, Bidewell and Cookson are two of the best coaches in the state. But they work the officals just as much as younger coaches. While we are discussing officals I would like to praise the best offical in Southeast Missouri, Bob Godwin. In my opinion he should get the championship game of every big tournament in Southeast Missouri. He is the best of the best.

-- Posted by drawmules on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 5:28 PM
  • Won't argue your point drawmules, but there is a difference between "working" the officials and constantly whining, yelling, stomping, etc. that we see sometimes. Don't get me wrong, every coach wants some calls their way, thats the nature of competition. But there are professional ways to do it. BTW I agree Bobby is an excellent official!

-- Posted by semo ref on Thu, Dec 24, 2009, at 8:05 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: