Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Anxiously waiting the Jackson/ Sikeston matchup in late Jan.

Posted by semocardsfan21 on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 10:13 AM:

This should be one barn burner of a game. Will Jackson still be undefeated come Jan.28th?

Replies (186)

• Before the Christmas tournament I thought that Sikeston would win with speed and depth but now I'm not so sure. Jackson's got depth and good speed at the guard position. Sikeston has better guards and I think Sikestons full court press will give Jackson fits. But Jackson can have a starting lineup that starts at 6'4" and goes up and vastly improved guard play from last year. It should be a close game but I give Jackson a win by less than 10.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 10:40 AM
  • I agree Sikeston is good BUT not as good as in the past.. It will be a good game but with the game @Jackson and Jackson's height advantage I would say Jackson wins by 10-15 points.. I wouldn't necessarily say Sikeston has better guards or the press will bother Jackson as it hasn't so far either.. Sikeston lost to Notre Dame @ Sikeston, beat Notre Dame @Notre Dame and Notre Dame finished 5th in the Xmas Tournament.. Notre Dame is way down this year too.. Not taking anything away from the Dogs because it is still early in the year

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 11:07 AM
  • I don't care who wins but I would go with sikeston because they are very quick at all positions so they could push the ball up the court. They can create a bunch of turnovers from their press. Also if Jackson plays man which they do jt will be able to drive right by him or pop the open j. So if jt goes off in the game which I think he will if Jackson plays man defense I think sikeston will win

-- Posted by Tigerforlife on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 11:18 AM

I still don't see this speed people speak of for Jackson. Only one of them can really dribble well enough to get the ball up the court which is why sikeston and charleston have had their number. Now they can someway alleviate that by trying to load up on inbounds passes after baskets but that is gonna make the game a nightmare and carries a much more potent risk of foul trouble and scores off turnovers.

Now Jackson should fare better in the half court this year with how big and tight that unit can play. There best bet to win is avoid the press with deep passes to Leuders and Reynolds and wait for King, Lysol, Wendell, and Daume to catch up and run half court sets.

Sikeston is obviously gonna have play to strengths and press the Indians as well as get into transition a little more than they are used to. While Jackson has improved in half court offense so has sikeston and the rise of three point shooters like Harrison, Dye, Scott, and Parks will be paramount in getting points against a larger Jackson team. Sikeston will also rely on screens to get space and utilize speed to get to the basket. Foul trouble could derail both teams as well.

I think you take sikeston because of the speed factor as well as the ability limit shooting from Jackson while having many more diverse ways to score.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 11:27 AM
  • I don't think the games against Notre Dame should factor in to this. We've got a cpl players back, we have something to prove and we've played more games now. I'm taking Sikeston of course but I think it will be close.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 11:29 AM

I don't think that Jackson is going shoot 55% from the field and shoot over 50% of those shots from 3. That is your recipe to be at sikeston this year courtesy of ND. Nail every open shot and a quite a few covered shots that are ridiculous and you will beat them. I'm sorry I hate to say that the win is a fluke because ND executed those shots and sikeston was hesitant on offense but guess what no one can consistently shoot at that rate. It's impossible. Can we quit acting like sikeston has had its code cracked because they got smacked with a statistical anomaly while been very green as a team.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • Jackson's guards are just as quick as Sikeston's. Don't sit here and say they aren't. The bigs on sikeston are quicker than jackson's, but not the guards.

-- Posted by youarebad on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 12:40 PM
  • And also, Bunk, how many turnovers has Jackson had due to press? And who do you think can't dribble the ball up the floor? I think I have seen 5 different kids do it and I haven't seen very many turnovers from that. I don't know what games you have been watching.

-- Posted by youarebad on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 12:42 PM
  • Sikeston wins this game!!!!!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 1:07 PM

Youresobad how often has Jackson faced a good press? Against top of the area athletes who practiced it daily since the 7th grade? The Jackson guards are WAY slower than Sikeston's guards and the only Jackson guard I would trust to be able to get up the floor is Daume the rest I'm skeptical about. If they beat Sikeston's press consistently than I will be shocked and they would probably win.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 1:20 PM
  • And also, Bunk, how many turnovers has Jackson had due to press? And who do you think can't dribble the ball up the floor? I think I have seen 5 different kids do it and I haven't seen very many turnovers from that. I don't know what games you have been watching.

-- Posted by youarebad on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 1:44 PM
  • After watching both, I have to take Jackson. I think they are best team in SEMO. I think some are taking Sikeston because they have had their number over the last few years but this Jackson team is better. I don't know their schedule from now to then, so not sure if they will still be unbeaten. I will say that IF Jackson loses to SEMO team, it will be Sikeston. But Jackson guards are going to have to play much worse than they have been for that to happen.

-- Posted by bball79 on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 2:12 PM
  • Sikeston has decent height and is quick

Jackson is very big and slow

So I think that it really depends on how the game is played if is played slow going with Jackson but if it is quick I'm going with sikeston.

-- Posted by Tigerforlife on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 7:26 PM
  • Sikeston has decent height and is quick

Jackson is very big and slow

So I think that it really depends on how the game is played if is played slow going with Jackson but if it is quick I'm going with sikeston.

-- Posted by Tigerforlife on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 7:28 PM
  • Jackson is Big. Yes. Jackson is slow. No

They are smart enough to understand the advantages they have and have done a nice job of playing to those strengths. They have not fallen into the trap of getting sped up by teams that might want to play that type of game.

Turnovers against "faster/quicker" guards has not been an issue in the slightest. See the Cape and SCC games as an example.

They are very,very solid at guard this year and if you have seen them play you know that the bigs will run the floor and get easy looks in transition.

Sikeston is better than Cape or SCC but if you want to say that Jackson can't handle fast/quick guards I believe you are wrong.

Their guards have been every bit as much a strength for them this year as their size has been. This was made clear last night when Reynolds barely could move in his limited time and Lueders was saddled with foul trouble very early.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 7:57 PM
  • I don't know why everyone thinks Jackson is slow. Calvin Lysell was one of the quickest players on the floor at the Christmas tourney. Also Josh Daume is pretty quick getting to the basket. He just doesn't finish that much. Also he didn't hit the open look 3 pt. shot at the tourney. If he ever begins to hit a higher percentage look out.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 9:50 PM

Sikeston will win by more than 12 points

-- Posted by B&RBasketball on Tue, Dec 31, 2013, at 9:54 PM
  • Sikeston's pressure is different than everybody's, it's relentless. I saw a stat the other day on Semoball that Sikeston is 87-9 the last 3 years. These players are use to winning.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 1:18 AM
  • @IndianPride I totally agree with you! This is game is @ Jackson.. Im taking Jackson by 10 points

@Winner11 who cares what they did the last 3 years... Sikeston has a ne wbunch of kids now

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 8:03 AM
  • I'm taking Jackson in this one. I'm actually surprised to hear myself say that, but after watching Jackson play a few times I think they are more than capable of winning. They have good depth at all positions (2 big men plus a couple players who are 6'3-6'4 that could move inside if needed) and 3-4 players who can handle the ball well. They have 2-3 good 3-point shooters from what I can tell (Daume, King, and either number 12 or 23, I forget...maybe both). I do think they'll turn the ball over a fair amount of times, but I think the size advantage will be the difference in this one. It also doesn't hurt playing at home. I'm taking Jackson by high single digits.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 9:38 AM
  • Does anyone else think that it's strange that people are talking about this game and not Sikeston and Charleston which is coming up soon? I think this is the first in all the years I've been on semoball.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 10:12 AM
  • Notre dame is overrated.. and Sikeston is too.. the best team is Jackson and then I'd say Bluff, Cape, Sikeston, Notre Dame, New Madrid, Charleston, Kennett

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 10:33 AM
  • Hangovers are tough on people they make them hallucinate and say some crazy stuff.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 10:39 AM
  • Bluff will be lucky to get 3 wins in conference play. Sikeston will beat Jackson speed over size any day. I don't watch a lot of high school ball anymore but I do watch a lot of junior college ball and size really doesn't matter good guard play and speed beats it every time.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 11:12 AM
  • Jackson by 5-7 points.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 12:08 PM
  • Sikeston doesn't have good guard play. SCC and Sikeston would be about a 10 point Sikeston Win. Jackson Dismantled SCC

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 12:26 PM
  • Well Bluff has already beat two conference opponents in the tourney and lost by 5 to Jackson. closer than any others.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 12:27 PM

Oh my sikeston doesn't have good guard play? How many Sikeston games you seen this year Fall? They just hit tins of threes and buzzer beaters and a different one or two is in double digits every night.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 12:40 PM
  • Bunk.

Sikeston lost to Notre Dame. Notre Dame. They lost to Jackson by 20.

-- Posted by Justin Bieber on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 1:47 PM
  • Then we beat them. When can people understand you can't compare one game to the next. All teams are different when they play each other. More games under the belt and stuff like that.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 2:09 PM

Bieber sikeston beat nd and transitive property doesn't work in sports

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 2:10 PM
  • Jackson wins by 10-15 with a healthy Reynolds.

-- Posted by CTFan on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 2:30 PM
  • Sikeston has average guard play for a class 4 school that is "good".. JT isn't a guard, Reese isn't a guard, and Harrison doesn't display good guard play but he can hit open 3's. I have not seen Jarius Ray however but the other guards I've seen in the 3 games I saw I felt they were average guards.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 3:12 PM
  • After seeing Jackson play, I'd say they are a very quick team. Similar to a freight train coming at you on the railroad track, it looks slow, but it's not. I've never seen Sikeston play, but if SCC is a reasonable facsimile, Jackson should win.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 3:33 PM
  • They beat Cape when they had what a week of practice. U guys go ahead and under estimate Sikeston and see what happens.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 4:34 PM
  • Jackson wins by 10-15 Sikeston is down this year

-- Posted by yaeger on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 5:42 PM

SCC and Sikeston aren't comparable this year. See you didn't even name of the two( usual) starting guards in PG Corbyn Blisset and Dominique Dyes. Also Chris Scott is a part time starter as well. At this point considering Blisset is still healing from the ACL repair( as is Ray) I would say that Scott, Dyes, Parks( you forgot him too), and Harrison are faster than most of Jackson's guards. Believe what you want to. Also if coach hollifield follows last years gameplan against Jackson than you will see a healthy amount of JT at guard as well

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 6:42 PM
  • Are we talking about a race between Sikeston and Jackson, or something else? Little bit too much emphasis on speed here if you ask me. I've seen a lot of fast teams lose to teams with better players.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 7:26 PM
  • I don't think Sikeston's press will bother Jackson that much as they will simply pass over it to their bigs in the middle. IMO, Jackson is just a better team this year and they are not as slow as some folks seem to think. JT will get his, as he always does, but I believe Jackson will win at home by 8-12 points.

I also have to agree with TFA that I am surprised there is more talk about this game than the Sikeston vs. Charleston game on Jan. 7 at the SMC. That has to be a Semoball first!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 7:56 PM
  • Sikeston-Charleston might not be pretty.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 8:02 PM
  • FarmBoy06, they look pretty evenly matched again this year to me.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 8:17 PM
  • I am looking forward to the Jackson game as well. Obviously, Sikeston will need to force the tempo. The Dogs can't get into a half court, grind-it-out game with Jackson.

However, I think some may be overlooking the Dogs, which is just fine.

I would venture to say the Dogs will be fully healthy then (Blissett and Ray). It will be a good game. I like Sikeston's chances.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 8:24 PM
  • I'm wondering what kind of crowd will be at the SMC. Usually it's a grudge match because one of us has won against the other at the tournament but this year we didn't even play each other. I don't know how evenly matched we are I haven't seen Sikeston play since we beat Notre Dame but I listened to the St Dominic this weekend and it sounded like we are doing better. I just know that no matter how both teams has played when they play each other it's intense.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 8:25 PM
  • I'm talking about Charleston above

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 8:26 PM
  • those guards weren't mentioned bc they didn't impress me at all.. they are the ones I'm saying are average. If Scott County's Banks put on a Sikeston jersey he'd be their best guard and if you disagree you're certifiably insane.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 11:18 PM

Well here is the thing Banks maybe better than anyone of them that's very true. However, it isn't a one on one game but all 5 of them are quite potent.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 1, 2014, at 11:23 PM
  • The game is almost here. Cant wait to see this one on Tuesday. Should be a good crowd and fun atmosphere! Go Jackson!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 23, 2014, at 9:49 PM
  • i would have to pick Jackson the size will win this game imo

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Jan 24, 2014, at 5:56 PM

Who does everyone have winning this game?

Two of the best teams in the area. Two State Ranked teams. Speed vs. Length. Will be a good game to watch.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:00 AM
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see Sikeston win but I believe Jackson takes this one in a close game.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:48 AM
  • Let's go Indians!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:37 AM

Should be a great atmosphere and by the way if you bring canned goods to the game then that is $1 off your ticket

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 10:05 AM
  • This thread has been cleansed of the nonsense that was in it, and NDPride69 has been suspended for a week.

NDPride69: Your sarcasm was a little funny at first, but I've had to delete your last two comments for being inappropriate. I won't put up with that.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 11:28 AM
  • If both teams bring it tonite it could be an epic battle. Lotsa respect for Tribe and their coach. I gotta lean toward jax just cuz itsa home game and theyll be fired up to beat us. Wont be surprised though if we pull it out but we absolutely gotta play one of our best games of the year.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 11:45 AM

Is this game on kfvs 12 webcast? If not what radio station will it be on? Thanks!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 1:04 PM

Oh GOSH!!!!

DW has spoken and the BAD NEWS is for Sikeston fans!!!

DW SAYS SIKESTON then WE MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 1:45 PM
  • just now jus how now you now bout sped dustin word? could j you just not run fastt Bucko? i chalenge you to a foot rase bub. you in or outie bub? we couldd bet a sodda or some poopcorn Bucko

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:00 PM
  • In which of Jackson's gyms are they playing tonight?

-- Posted by SPORTSJUNKIE82 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:14 PM
  • Its in the new Event Center Gym. If you havent been before you should come to check it out. Its pretty nice.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:21 PM
  • Ok where's this at??? Is it at the school?

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:23 PM
  • Ciri. I agree that whoever wins this one will have to play maybe their best game of the year. Hoping the cold doesnt keep anyone from going.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:24 PM
  • TFA. Its at the high school. Same parking lot as the football stadium.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:25 PM
  • Ok good so I'm in the parking lot then where do I go? Lol!! I have never, ever been to Jackson for bball but I did go to that awful football game

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:29 PM
  • Brian Greenlee still go to all the games? Isn't he principal or something?

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:30 PM
  • The building is right across the street on the east side of the parking lot. Greenlee is an assistant principal at the HS. Also TFA looking forward to seeing your boys JV game as well. Our JV team is pretty good so that should be a good game as well.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 2:42 PM
  • Thank you. I can't wait either a cpl of our 9th graders that play on JV also won't be there because I think 9th graders are playing you guys tonight also. We played you at the Nitre Dame tourney which ya won but we shall see tonight. Lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 3:06 PM
  • Yes ma'am. My pleasure.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 3:17 PM
  • Oops I was wrong about the 9th graders they will be there, wrong night.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 3:18 PM
  • Notre Dame oops need to spell check

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 3:20 PM

Will this game be webcast? I'm out of town..way out of town..and as an independent, non biased observer, I would like to see it.

-- Posted by secretagentman on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 4:16 PM
  • So why does DW have moderator after his name now? Is this a joke? Guess anyone can be a moderator these days

-- Posted by Swoop on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 4:21 PM
  • Call me Swoop moderator for now on

-- Posted by Swoop on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 4:24 PM
  • I wannabe a moderator too!! Howd'ya do that?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 4:40 PM

im now one too

-- Posted by bigone (moderator) on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 5:10 PM
  • Like the new name Matt Foley. Haha! Glad to see that NDpride got what was coming. That was awful. I'm giving the Dawgs the edge tonight. 67-62.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 5:43 PM
  • These bleachers feel steep like I could fall forward at any time!! If anyone sees anyone fall that will be me!!

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 5:54 PM

You gonna give us some updates from there TFA :)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 5:56 PM
  • Sure will

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 5:58 PM

Woot! Thanks :) For that I'll even give a "go bulldogs" haha. Updates on the Key Games thread!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:04 PM
  • Jackson by 8.

-- Posted by bball79 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:07 PM
  • JV end of 1 us 9 them 8

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:14 PM
  • I know ya don't care about JV but I'm posting half SHS 26 Jackson 24

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:30 PM
  • Hello everyone down in SEMO land

-- Posted by BernieAlum1990 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:39 PM
  • Has the Varsity JHS/SHS not started, I can't find it on the radio?

-- Posted by tigerfan81 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:41 PM
  • Considering most JV games don't even start til 6 or 6:30, I'm going to guess no. Plus it was halftime of the JV game 20 minutes ago.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:50 PM
  • End of 3 JV SHS 43. Them 32

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 6:55 PM
  • A simple no would've done FarmBoy06, your comments are why I don't use Semoball

-- Posted by tigerfan81 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:02 PM

Well thanks Farm, making people leave this site.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:06 PM
  • Sorry if I came off as a smart@$$....I was just being matter-of-fact; hard to convey intonation on web forums. I should use more smileys.....

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:07 PM
  • I know it Buck. Surprisingly I haven't ran off any Sikeston fans yet, and I TRY to give those guys hell sometimes :). All in good fun though, plenty of good folks and neighbors here in SikesTown. Just not when it comes to sports ;)

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:08 PM
  • SHS JV 62/ JHS 50 final

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:17 PM
  • Does anyone know Bernie's score

-- Posted by BernieAlum1990 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:18 PM
  • Internet going slow on phone

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:18 PM
  • I'll vouch for ya Farm!! Cuz we all know what ur like when u wanna be a bunghole heeheeee!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:32 PM
  • Haha! Zing!

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:33 PM
  • End of 1 them 19 us 9

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 7:53 PM
  • Half them 38 us 32

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:07 PM
  • If Jackson would hit there free throws this game would be more lopsided

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:11 PM
  • We've got to pick up the intensity. We seem intimidated.

-- Posted by Sikeston fan on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:11 PM

Can anyone post the link to listen online? Thanks

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:17 PM

40-39 Jackson in the third

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:22 PM
  • End of 3 giants 54 us 47

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:32 PM
  • Giants is right lol. Looks like a JUCO starting lineup.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:35 PM
  • Missed free throws are keeping Sikeston in the game!! Let's go Indians!!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:45 PM
  • Overtime!! Lets go Indians!!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:54 PM

Reese playing well 30 point OT good game

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • OT 65-65

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:54 PM

Who will be more fatigued IDK

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:56 PM

Reese 18 my bad

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 8:57 PM

TO hurting SHS Jackson up by 4

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:01 PM
  • Jackson 75-72!!! Now let's go work in their FREE throws! Way to go Indians!!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:04 PM

whoop whoop 75-72....nice game though sikeston

-- Posted by bigone (moderator) on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:05 PM

It was a good game...Free Throws hurt Jackson TO hurt Sikeston Jackson edged it out

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:08 PM
  • Ya already know

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:09 PM
  • Bout time you guys beat sikeston. Geshhhhh lol

-- Posted by Laker1 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:21 PM
  • Wow!!! An epic battle!! Great game both teams. I'll say it again, if jax can play at a high level like that the final four's a possibility, same for my dawgz!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:23 PM
  • I think our guys did pretty good against the guys from Space Jam. It was an exciting game after half-time but could of ended better.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • Haha yes Mrs T!!! Those jax boys made us look like we were five feet tall under the hoop!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • Tfa. Love the Space Jam reference. Lol!!

Gotta give it up for Sikeston. Y'all were down pretty big early and battled back. I never expected anything different. Nice battle by both teams!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 10:16 PM
  • I can't handle games like that. Reminded me like the game with Charleston. What's up with the country music being played? I think that helped ya win made us cry in our sodas. Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 28, 2014, at 10:21 PM
  • @TFA Country music heals the soul! Lol

8-20 Free throw shooting by Jackson.. I know what the Indians will be doing in practice today! Way to go Indians not let's beat the Notre Dame Bulldogs Friday!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 7:42 AM

We'll Jackson has been blowing out basically everyone in the semo area so that gives Sikeston an edge in districts by showing fight when down by double digits at Jackson and also we played with them through out the game

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 8:51 AM
  • Bum--Didn't Jackson beat Central by only 3 points also?

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 8:54 AM

I have no idea bullet I didn't know they played already. Sometimes the schedule on mshsaa doesn't update the teams schedule on regular day basis. If they did my bad!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 9:12 AM
  • If ya don't beat Notre Dame I will totally faint. Who called in the score to kfvs? They were saying 77-72

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 9:13 AM
  • Jackson beat Central in the finals of the Christmas tournament by 3. Think it was 55 to 52

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 9:26 AM
  • Don't know who else they have played as far as Semo teams but PB has played them tough both times. Lost by 5 and by like 10 the second game but it was closer than the final score.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 9:29 AM
  • Cape Central lost by 4 to Jackson in the Christmas Tournament final. Districts will be interesting since it is at Cape Central. We will see how it plays out when Sikeston comes to CT in February.

-- Posted by CTFan on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 10:43 AM
  • Was a great game, Wore me out. I thought Jackson didn't use there height advantage as much as they should and if they hadn't came out red hot shooting three's could have been in trouble. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 10:46 AM
  • Agreed CT, if cape plays to their potential they will have a shot come distrix, as well as nd sikes and kennett.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 10:49 AM
  • Jackson was 8-20 from the free throw line...that's pretty rough, especially against a good team.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 11:47 AM
  • No doubt, it just about cost them farmboy. Surprising they missed so many but it was an electric atmosphere. Sometimes players tense up in big games and big moments.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 11:50 AM
  • Pace took a toll on their legs a bit as well. First half, their shots were on fresh legs, 2nd half, Sikestons pressure and pace took their legs a bit.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 11:56 AM
  • According to the game story all 3 of Sikeston's losses are in OT?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 12:08 PM
  • That's correct farmboy. ND, Charleston, and Jackson. They avenged their loss to ND. They won't get a second crack and Charleston or Jackson unfortunately.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 12:12 PM
  • Correct. All of Sikeston's losses this year are in OT.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 12:13 PM
  • I was feeling bad for Jackson with two losses by a combined 5 points. One of those a buzzer beater at Carbondale. But man that is rough for Sikeston. I certainly admire that team and wouldnt want to have to play them in the postseason.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 12:28 PM
  • It was the same way last year for Sikeston. They went 27-3 and all three losses were down the wire, including overtime in the state semifinals. You have to say this though, Sikeston competes and they compete hard even in games where they seem to be out-manned.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 12:31 PM
  • Yah in fact thats our fourth OT countn the zumwalt game we were fortunate to win. I still think jax woulda won those games if they woulda been onna weeknite, Indian. They need to quit scheduling ur games on sat afternoons, makes for bad mojo.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 12:41 PM
  • Great game last night! I think both teams have a chance at Columbia. Go bulldogs! Let's get this done!

-- Posted by Sikeston fan on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 1:36 PM
  • I know ciri. The Carbondale game was a makeup from earlier and so is Webster Groves this Saturday. I hope their Saturday luck changes this week. Gonna be tough though after a Friday night game with ND.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 2:02 PM
  • Win or lose, you can't say they don't have experience in pressure situations.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 4:40 PM
  • Does Jackson fans travel to Charleston? Since Sikeston plays at Festus and that's too far of a drive for me by myself I might go to that game Tuesday night. Just want to know what time I should get there if a lot of ya go there.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 6:22 PM

Will you be neutral at the game or cheering for Jackson, Ms. TFA?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 7:02 PM
  • Actually cheer for Charleston!! Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 7:30 PM
  • I work with a lot of people from Charleston and we talk about your games and ours.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 7:31 PM
  • Come on Miss tfa. I told you how to find the gym last night. Lol!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 7:48 PM
  • Yes but I'm still mad at ya for beating us in football and basketball.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 7:53 PM
  • I've never been to Charleston gym either can u tell me where that is also?? Lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 8:05 PM
  • TFA always makes me smile. :)

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Jan 29, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • Ok thanks

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 4:28 AM
  • Indian Pride I'm only half mad at ya because we beat ya in JV in both sports and my son plays JV. : )

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 8:33 AM
  • sikeston is going to have an easy time in districts. If we would have played Jackson at the field house, we would have beat them by 10+. No one in our district will compete with us. I don't see a way that we don't make it to CoMo.

-- Posted by TheeBleacherBum on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 9:53 AM
  • I'll feed the troll.

TheBleacherBum, you are a fool. Class 4 District 1 is possibly the hardest district in the state regardless of class. It will not be a cake walk for anyone. You obviously know nothing about Missouri high school basketball.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 10:10 AM
  • Ok. Thank you. I feel better now. Just upset he beat me to giving you directions. We'll need all tbe support we can get down there!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 10:17 AM
  • I forgot about ur makeup games indian, that makes sense.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 10:20 AM

Yeah class 4 district 1 is top if not THE top district in all Missouri high school sports for basketball

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 10:20 AM

But I do believe the winner of class 4 district 1 could have a cake walk to Columbia though

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 10:21 AM
  • Even trolls have mamas rocket, he does need some attention i guess

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 10:22 AM
  • TFA

Your JV moved the ball really well. Our two styles of play are so different. The defensive pressure was key for you all.

It seamed that early in the game Jackson only had one or two players that were aggressive to the boards. Late in the game we discovered that one of our players was hot from the three but it was too late. Anyway great game TFA. Are your JV guys playing on any AAU teams after the school season?

-- Posted by Native Father on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 11:39 AM
  • No doubt district 1 is one of the best, but don't sleep on Farmington. Especially since one of the respected teams will have to travel up there to play.

-- Posted by Radar99 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:02 PM

This has been beaten like a dead horse, but I wish sectional and quarterfinal venues would change. The Show Me Center seems like a good location to me.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:17 PM

The BleacherBum= Not a real Sikeston fan/poster

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:26 PM

NDPride69 and TheeBleacherBum are cut from the same mold.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:45 PM
  • how are you even going to say im not a real sikeston? You don't know me, I've been following sikeston sports since the 5th grade when i moved here. I'm just saying my opinion on Sikeston

-- Posted by TheeBleacherBum on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:45 PM
  • No one in our district compares to us. Call me a troll all you want but we'll see when districts come around.

-- Posted by TheeBleacherBum on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:48 PM
  • No one in our district compares to us. Call me a troll all you want but we'll see when districts come around.

• Where's the moderator?

-- Posted by Native Father on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:53 PM

Yah-yah I would love to see some playoff basketball at the show me center as well! Sure saves on gas for class 4 district 1 teams going to cape than to Farmington!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 12:57 PM
  • Yah-yah and SHS BUM 21, The sectional game this year is at Three Rivers. NOT Black River, Three Rivers.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 1:01 PM

You're right, thanks for the info SHS59. That's more of a neutral site between District 1 and 2, anyway. Link to MSHSAA: http://www.mshsaa.org/Activities/DistrictWinners.aspx?alg=5&class=4&id=8

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 1:10 PM
  • Kdoke35 when it comes to summer ball that's when I know nothing about it so your definitely talking to the wrong person. If I gave you the reason why someone might figure out which one my son is and he doesn't want anyone to know I'm his mom!! Lol!! I embarrass him sometimes with some of the comments I made. Lol!! Typical teenager

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 1:35 PM
  • Ex: the comment I just made! Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 1:36 PM
  • Indian Pride I'm still not going to support you guys against Charleston I just remembered another reason to be upset with Jackson, you won OUR tournament and that belongs to us or Charleston!! : )

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 1:39 PM
  • Bleacher Bum ,Wait until the Districts and your playing Cape or ND and the Refs calls the plays real close.

-- Posted by jayrod on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 2:17 PM

Wow SHS59 I didn't know sectionals were at TRCC this year! Saves gas and sucks for Farmington, Park hills, etc. fans making that long drive!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 2:46 PM

How much can TRCC hold? Haven't been there in years

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 2:46 PM
  • I understand. Its kinda interesting that Jackson is the team that a lot of people are rooting against this year for once. Can you at least pull for us tomorrow night against ND?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 2:56 PM
  • Heck i would rather travel to Farmington and at least have a nice seat to sit in besides those 6 in boards at TRC.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 3:12 PM
  • No worries Indian!! EVERYONE's favorite team is whoever's playin the Catholics haha!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 3:52 PM
  • You got it Indian Pride!! Beat ND!!

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 4:21 PM
  • Oh and I was messing with you about all the other stuff. Well sorta!! Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 4:22 PM
  • You just made my day. Thank you!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 4:48 PM
  • Thanks to ciri as well!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 4:49 PM
  • U crack me up Indian Pride.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 30, 2014, at 5:01 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: