Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Andre Statam gives verbal to D-1 basketball program

Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Oct 19, 2014, at 10:36 PM:

Statam, Cape Central star has committed verbally to play for Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL!

Replies (23)

I talked to Tuck a lot this summer. He was at Mineral Area. So is he still playing for Mineral Area this season?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 7:25 AM

How much eligibility does Tuck have left? How is Parham (sp) doing along with all the other college age players from the area? I am pleased that the Dexter and Notre Dame women seem to choose my alma mater: SEMO.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 9:28 AM
  • He transfered to MAC last year 2nd semester and is playing this year. He was at Iowa Western JC the year before that and wouldn't have seen any minutes on that team that year so i guess he was going to red shirt that season and before that he left the Northern Colorado because he wasn't getting enough min. So he should have 3 years left.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 11:26 AM
  • Congrats to Andre and his family! I have to say I was hoping he would end up at SEMO though.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 11:52 AM

How did SEMO let Statam get away along with all the other young men from the area in recent past? They seem to do fine in recruiting the young lady student-athletes.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 12:24 PM

Is Parham still at Moberly?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 12:25 PM
  • You guys all know how i feel about Nutt and I'm glad he choose somewhere else besides Semo.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 12:27 PM
  • I don't think Parham is still there. He didn't play hardly any last season at Moberly.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 12:29 PM

I need to be made aware, please, or find out where all the local athletic talent is so that I can follow them, etc. Young men and women alike in all sports. My homegirl from Jackson is doing great at Mizzou in track with her throwing events. Where did the pole vault young lady (or was it a young man) from Jackson go? The more degrees through athletics (and also academics) the better!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 12:36 PM

Rats! I hope Parham continues to utilize his athletic prowess.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 12:38 PM
  • I'm surprised he verbally committed already. I feel like he would get some better offers as the season goes on this year. IMO he could play somewhere better.

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 1:22 PM
  • Somewhere better as in the school he choose or better than the OVC cause i think he'll be lucky to get many min. the first couple years where he did sign.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 1:51 PM
  • He has only made a verbal commitment it is not binding. I'm with BIGELW he will be lucky to play much anywhere at any time.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 2:16 PM

CTalum5, I agree with you, but the good thing is that this verbal isn't binding. Many young athletes allow the excitement to cause them to make verbals early. He has great talent, but will need to move with a bit more enthusiasm or they'll look right past him at this next level. I do believe he has the talent to play at a better level than OVC but he has to prove it!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 2:42 PM
  • Congrats to Andre and great sign for Jacksonville St. that's two kids in the C/O 2015 from Southeast Missouri who's signed to play D1 next year. Blake Reynolds being the other who VC to Yale.

Eastern Illinois and Austin Peay was also recruiting him.

@JustSpeakingTheTruth , Andre will move with more enthusiasm for sure at the college level. Keep in mind the scholarships are yearly, so he's going to put in the work to keep it.

@CTalum He'd have to have a big season to get a bigger offer. Mid-Major is about right for 6-6 Combo player who isn't a true guard or forward.

@STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON @BIGELW you can keep up with who SEMO has offered and who's verbally committed here : http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/southeast-missouri-state

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 3:15 PM
  • Straight, Jackson pole-vaulter Dylan Rush is at SEMO.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 5:54 PM

It's at least 5 players in Southeast Missouri who can play at SEMO, hopefully they will get one of them before it's all said in done.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 9:41 AM
  • I think there may be a couple that could see some min. in a couple of years but IMO there's not anybody that shows enough potential to make an offer to.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 11:28 AM

Think about the senior class of players in Southeast Missouri Bigelw ....

Blake Reynolds - Yale

Andre Statam - Jacksonville St.

Unsigned

Del Bogan

Willie Jimerson

I'm missing 1 , I said 5 earlier lol, but have SEMO offered either of them ? Or did they want them to be preferred walk-ons like they've did every kid from our area. It looks like you have to be a transfer, or from Arkansas or Memphis to play for the men's basketball team. I'd have a hard time believing none of these kids couldn't play at SEMO.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 3:27 PM
  • Semo offered Blake Reynolds, he chose Yale.

-- Posted by bam-bam on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 8:51 PM

According to the link @coachporterjp3 provided SEMO has made offers to a host of players, but none of the kids were from Southeast Missouri

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 9:03 PM
  • Wow. It's tough to believe someone would choose Yale over SEMO.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 5:55 AM
  • Congrats....

-- Posted by Laker1 on Thu, Nov 20, 2014, at 12:06 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: