Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Kennett...Loses 4th coach in less than 4 seasons.

Posted by littlechief on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 1:13 PM:

Reported to me the head girls basketball coach resigned. That would be #4 in less than 4 seasons. What is going on in K town?

Replies (12)

• Hoffman? Baxter? Halitzka? ????

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 2:17 PM
  • Yes. And now Driscoll. They haven't done a very good job of hiring I would say. Not void of talent either, so I'm not sure what else to say about it.

-- Posted by bball79 on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 4:02 PM
  • Not a good job of hiring what kind of statement is that? They have hired every coach that was willing to come.

-- Posted by sportsjunkie on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 4:58 PM

Kennett District Superintendent Chris Wilson said Driscoll resigned for family reasons, as a result of a decision that would take him out of the area.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 5:01 PM
  • A story on the late breaking development is available at this link: http://www.dddnews.com/story/2139452.html

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 5:09 PM
  • Yes, when you resign (wink/wink) you do move your family out of the area.

-- Posted by littlechief on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 6:15 PM
  • Driscoll ' s fiance was recruited and accepted a position as a director of nursing in Florida and he felt he should go to also to help raise his soon to be stepson. That's the story I got from a player but not sure of the details.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 7:56 PM
  • And you 'resign' a few days before Thanksgiving break? My daughter, player said. He was not playing the right middle school girls and 'fear' set in that he would do the same with the varsity. You do know NOT to mess with the 'social' structure in Kennett....don't you?

-- Posted by littlechief on Fri, Nov 21, 2014, at 8:52 AM
  • There is a lot of truth, unfortunately, to what you say littlechief, but that had nothing to do with Driscoll leaving. They must find someone that will stay and build the program. This is 5 coaches in 4 years now. Bad situation.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Nov 21, 2014, at 9:58 AM
  • Can you handle the 'truth'? All were forced out.......Wait for it.

The 'new' hire will make it blatantly obvious. You just can not mess with the ''Kennett' playhouse. If you doubt me.....look at who stays and who goes.

-- Posted by littlechief on Fri, Nov 21, 2014, at 10:27 AM

Jordan Penn is the new coach.

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Nov 21, 2014, at 11:14 AM
  • Now we should have the 'right' coach that will play and promote the 'right' girls. And why was the asst. coach removed, too? Take a look at MoSports.com to get some facts as to what has happened routinely the past 5 years.

-- Posted by littlechief on Mon, Dec 1, 2014, at 9:57 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: