Semoball

High School Football Forum: I's July, but now, is really the time

Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Jul 2, 2010, at 11:52 AM:

Well here we are in July, the slow/ quiet month that exists before High School Football 2010-11 gets underway .

Now is the time.....when the airwaves are quiet, when the swimmng pools are full, and river floats are weekly , and Gulf Shore or Mountain vacations happen/

BUT somewhere out there, there's a group of seniors, juniors and sophomores, gutting it out, continuing to lift, still waking up at dawn to run before they work,

still looking at last years game films......being their own harshest critic...

For those guys, I say , well done gentlemen.

Sometime this November, when the pools are closed, the rivers deserted, and only the snow birds are headed to the Gulf, and the mountains are deep in snow, some of you will still be playing football. Others, will be watching, wishing, when the thought hits them, " I am hanging this stuff up for the very last time".

That is when the time put in now, when no one is really watching, no one is writing about it, no one has a thought beyond the Cardinals next home stand, ......

NOW is the time, that pays off then. Stay hungry, dont wait for tomorrow, dont put it off for another day. Lead by example, work for a goal, be everythng that 10 year old boy who knows your number from last year, thinks you are, and wants to be someday . Do it for all the right reasons.

Football is a game, but the life lessons it teaches, are immeasurable.

Happy and safe 4th of JUly

Replies (2)

wow....nice read headhunt. You are so right, the best team is the most prepared team. Discipline is definitely the key to a great season.

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Sat, Jul 3, 2010, at 8:41 AM
  • I wonder which team will be the most prepared this year?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Jul 3, 2010, at 6:02 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: