Semoball

High School Football Forum: Are the Dogs Domeward Bound?

Posted by Big Bro on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 12:49 PM:

We (Sikeston Fans) knew most of regular scheduled opponents were outclassed before the games even started. The only teams that should beat Sikeston are teams of the likes of Webb City, Carthage, Kearney, teams like that. None of the local teams should ever be in a game with us. Ladue Watkins may pull off an upset but they shouldnt. If we can play hard nose defense we will see something very special this year. Beating Cape twice on our way to the Dome would be priceless. If we can get a little luck, the Dogs are headed to the Edward Jones Dome! We need that Semi-Final game in Sikeston and we need the fan support we got last week against Cape, return a Kickoff or a punt for a score, and to score on a fumble or INT, I do beleive that would be enough to beat a team like Helias, who it looks like we are shaping up to play against if the chips fall just right! Go Dogs!! YES WE CAN!! Grind Hard then Shine Hard.

Replies (134)

• Thats not what I was told.

-- Posted by I. Noah Tall on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 2:13 PM

A player told me that Helias was still on this side..Oh well!

-- Posted by Big Bro on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 2:15 PM
  • I'm a Sikeston fan but let's not get crazy. We have multiple games before we need to be talking about the dome. For fans it is fun to look ahead but there will be good teams in our way. But you are right, the other side of the bracket is tougher.

-- Posted by trainhard on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 2:18 PM
  • Just look at the MSHSAA website for the brackets. Hellas has been moved over. IMHO the teams we could face, if we win, would be Vashon, Ladue, Afton, Warrenton and a few possible others. I know it's a long way out but it's not like having Helias looming like they were last year. I realize the dome game would be crazy hard but I would love to get there.

-- Posted by JuniorBulldog on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 2:32 PM
  • Career Academy and Roosevelt are possible opponents in the quarterfinals for the District 1/2 representative. CA is the favorite but they lost to St. Mary's after suspending a slew of kids. But they still have a shot to make it.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 2:57 PM

The west side of the bracket is loaded compared to the east. There is a shot sikeston could make it that far but lets not get ahead of ourselves

-- Posted by CL on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 3:19 PM
  • It's deffintely not a long shot, plus they have the play off expierence, but we will probably have to defeate potosi, cape again, ladue, st marys, and then we'd be at the dome, that's how it will more then likely pan out..

Ladue's qb is going to mizzou

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 3:32 PM
  • inspectorgadget,

Kortland Webb, Ladue's QB, does not even hold an offer from Mizzou. If he is "going to Mizzou" it is likely as a student, not a student-athlete.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 3:38 PM
  • That's what i told one of the coaches son's but he was determinded for football, regardless he is an athlete

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 3:39 PM

Ladue got shuffled around in the bracket too. Sikeston wouldn't play them until the semi-finals.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 3:50 PM
  • I didn't even think about that, i watched a vashon game last year and vashon had tons of athletes but 98% of the plays were the qb rolling out and trying to throw a bomb down the field..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 3:53 PM
  • That's pretty ironic I was just on ESPN Insider earlier today and they did have Mizzou as one of Kortland Webb's Choices, I found that pretty interesting. He is undecided and they are recruiting him as an athlete not QB. They said Mizzou would play with the idea of either playing him at WR or CB. They have him labeled has a recruit that is a sleeper but could do damage.

-- Posted by USC_2860 on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 4:17 PM
  • In district 2 these are the standings

desoto 2-0 +25

hillsboro 1-1 +6

potosi 1-1 -12

north county 0-2 -26

does this mean if hillsboro only loses by 4 or less the automatically make it to the play offs since the most potosi can score is 13?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 4:20 PM
  • Yeah i figured if he was going to go it wouldn't be for qb they got the entire gabbet for that, but i could def see him playing a wr or a slot of some kind

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 4:21 PM
  • According to Powermizzou.com and Rivals recruiting data base, Kortland has not been offered a scholarship by MU. Perhaps they will, but they only have about 5 left to offer.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Wed, Oct 27, 2010, at 5:14 PM
  • Please try to rephrase that again bud, maybe that 9-0 is getting to your head.. It wouldn't be close..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Oct 28, 2010, at 3:57 PM
  • no....

that's in regard to delo

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Oct 28, 2010, at 4:03 PM

Delo, Kennett made some very similar sentiments in basketball last year. Then, they played Sikeston. We haven't seen them on semoball since.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Oct 28, 2010, at 4:17 PM
  • Yes Helias got moved over to the other side. We have Carthage then probably Webb City. We just beat Bolivar handily who was #3 in the state (class 4). We defintely have a tougher road to travel this year as I noticed all the top ranked teams in class 4 are on the west side. But we did something different this year. We scheduled alot of class 5 & 6 schools to make us better when playoffs roll around. Thats why our record isn't as good. Hopefully it pays off. good luck to you guys. I hope to see you in the dome but..... Webb City is looming for us.

-- Posted by chesehed on Thu, Oct 28, 2010, at 10:51 PM

Chesehed-

Good luck to you guys as well. How many guys do you all dress out? I remember seeing you guys come out last year and I thought they would never stop coming. It seems like your program is so well developed that the next man up was just stepping right in and holding his own when yall made subs.

You guys have a great program.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Fri, Oct 29, 2010, at 9:42 AM
  • Chesehed

I saw your schedule this year and noticed exactly what you said....your record suffered, but the team is probably better because of the better competition. Good luck to you guys! I, too, hope to see you in the Dome. Heck, I would be happy to see anyone in the Dome!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Oct 29, 2010, at 10:39 AM
  • Caruthersville? Are you kidding me? Compete with Sikeston? Caruthersville, not bad for a small school but better stick with teams your own size. I hope you do well. I will cheer you guys on all the way.

-- Posted by RRT1 on Fri, Oct 29, 2010, at 5:22 PM
  • Wow---Just looked at the bracket and the west side is "loaded"...Kearney, Webb City, Hannibal and Helias..That's sick! Sikeston "should" cakewalk to dome if they play their best

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Oct 29, 2010, at 8:34 PM

RRT1- It wasn't to long ago that Caruthersville was destroying all schools in the Semo area, regardless of class. With that being said, I agree with you. Not sure we could beat Sikeston, maybe put a couple TD's on the board but that's about it. I hope all the state championships get brought home to the Semo area. I know Valle,Caruthersville, Sikeston are favorite's to win or at least contend for a state title so lets cheer all our Semo teams on. Let's show them boys from the north we can play football.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 29, 2010, at 11:17 PM
  • Yeah when the program was down.. Your posts have no reasoning behind them.. Could caruthersville run on sikeston's defense? NO.. Could their defense stop sikestons run? Not even close.. Please actually think before you post something, there is no way that cville could beat this years team

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 9:50 AM

inspectorgadget- Just a thought, why is it that no one else can brag on their team and say their team is going to win something, but you can say Sikeston is just this unstoppable force and no one can do anything against them? Why shouldn't he be proud of Cville, they are 10-0 so they must be doing something right. We both know that Delo88 knows Cville can't beat Sikeston this year. You don't have to make it sound like Sikeston is this Class 4 powerhouse. Trust me, IF they make it to the dome, they will have their hands full in the teams of Kearny,Webb City. I hope Sikeston wins it all but they have a hard road ahead to do it. Once teams get out of the regionals then all the games get a little difficult.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 12:44 PM
  • Cheesehead maybe you should read some of my posts i said cvilles good but if you read most of his posts that are sometimes ignorant then you would realize that he thinks that they could play with anybody.. And obviously any team would have trouble with kearny or webb city, you went out on a stretch on that one..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 12:47 PM

LOL. Yeah I think any team would have trouble with Kearny and Webb City, I sure went out on a limb there lol. I don't read every post on here so I may have overlooked a few things. I do think Cville will handle Malden easily this next time around, IF they get past Hercky. Let's hope both our teams come ready to play in the playoff's, we both know what they are capable of.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 1:15 PM
  • Yeah you did, im not bashing them but obviously he came on here talking about cville when its a sikeston thread.. Their on two different levels right now

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 1:29 PM
  • DeLo88

I think you misunderstood Gadget. He said this is a Sikeston thread, not a Sikeston website. If you want to discuss Cville, then start another thread....another discussion topic so the focus will be Cville.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 3:36 PM
  • Cville isn't faster than Sikeston overall; they wouldn't do much against them either. I'm not a Sikeston fan but I'll give them their props because they've earned it.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Oct 30, 2010, at 4:45 PM
  • Delo thank you for stopping you really have crossed the line, sikeston is completely faster, on both sides of the ball... Cville is not on the same level right now, yes five years ago they were not now, they played a close game with malden, we would put up at least 50..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Oct 31, 2010, at 9:25 AM

Delo88

You must be a professional travel agent, cause you are a trip. How could you possibly think, Cville is faster than the Dogs. Focus on Malden, not teams that the laws dont allow you to play. Did you know Lewis averages 13+ yards a carry, Daryl had over a thousand yrds in week 8? You need to quit it.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Sun, Oct 31, 2010, at 10:50 AM

All i know is Big Bro should take a trip to the Bill Emerson bridge and jump off of it..If sikestons going to the dome than pigs will be flying before we know it

-- Posted by JungleStud on Sun, Oct 31, 2010, at 9:54 PM
  • He should jump of a bridge? Maybe you should catch the plane your ego is on and shut up.. Sikeston has an excellent chance to make it to the dome, only an idiot would deny it, cape does not, they will have their season ended soon enough, then we'll have to listen to you whine while sikeston is at the dome.. Untill you beat us don't worry where we headed, because it's weeks futher then you'll ever be..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Oct 31, 2010, at 10:34 PM

JungleStud, that is a bit much. I get you're still up on your team even after a 21 point loss, but this is still just football conversation. Calm it down a bit. Plus, Sikeston is currently the favorite from the East to make it to the Dome now that Helias has been moved over to the West and the 'Dogs have proven they can face the adversity of being down. Brush up on your stats a bit.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Oct 31, 2010, at 10:57 PM
  • I agree that junglestud is acting a bit loonie but you cannot say that Cape does not have a chance. Anything can happen in the rematch. There's almost always a dramatic change the second time two powerful teams meet.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Oct 31, 2010, at 11:38 PM

Hey inspectorgadget,

You are doing your school and team a huge discredit by running your mouth. You need to cool it. I can't imagine the biggest sikeston fans are content with you coming on here and just 'talking smack'.

Just an outside observation.

CT

-- Posted by Counter Top on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 5:09 AM
  • God almighty, you guys have to just be a sad people, i'm joking you guys get mad when i make you look stupid, and i talk to a lot of other posters from here that live and sikeston and everyone who reads this, they find it funny that old people get this worked up.. Go take your blood pressure medicine

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 9:50 AM
  • Ok I know i haven't been in on this topic...BUT as some of you know I am a HUGE Sikeston fan. The problem I have is when when one of the "star" athletes, from Cape, is opening their mouth talking trash and not knowing who they are actually talking to. When he was held to, i believe, 7 yards rushing on the night, complaining of the play calling by the coach. Tell me, if he called his number 6 more times maybe he would have gotten 12 yards.

I know, I know you guys think I am bashing the kid. BUT Sikeston is the team that came into Cape and held a great offense to 0 points. I was at the Cape game and I was at the Farmington Sikeston game. From what I saw, Farmington was a MUCH MUCH better team then Cape!! After the game was over, there were SEVERAL fans asking how Farmington lost to Cape. I heard it was costly turnovers.

The thing is Sikeston has played very very sloppy on offense the last 2 weeks and still put of 62 points and only giving up 27. They have turned the ball over fumbled and still find a way to win big.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:46 AM
  • It's all about matchups. Farmington couldn't stop Cape. Cape just marched up and down the field and held onto the ball. It's that simple. And yes, Farmington's turnovers certainly proved costly.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 11:32 AM

Jungle Stud-

I can't jump off the Bill Emerson, its backed up with Cape Fans that thought you guys were good. Until the Bulldog Express came in and proved otherwise. Even if I were to want to jump off a brigde it wouldnt be because of anything having to do with Cape vs Sikeston. More pointless trash talking. Women lie, Men lie, but numbers don't. Have you forgotten the 21-0 skunk, blow out, beat down, spankin, arsss woopin the Dogs put on the Felines? On senior night, in your house we came in and destroyed Houck Stadium. They slayed'em.

As it stands right now, we are ranked to go the Dome, says not just me but sport writers and the polls.The only teams that are ranked ahead of us are on the West Side of the state,the only other State Ranked team was Cape. And as it stands right now, That 21-0 will be the last game yall get to have in Houck in this year..wow.

I told lil bro, I was gonna stay off of here, he swares that everyone on here is kids, but I couldnt resist this time.

See ya in Sikeston.

PS-(Inspector Gadget)

I cannot imagine Cape fans not talking crap if they would have won, they ARE talking and they got blew out.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 1:29 PM

First off..you can't say farmingtons better than cape after cape beat them. Farmington played a better game against sikeston than cape did but that doesn't change the fact that they lost to cape..and you can't blame farmingtons loss on turnovers because cape forced them it's not like Farmington just gave them to us..like semohoops said cape just matched up better against Farmington

Second off..nobody cares that sikeston beat cape. You can go 10-0 and lose the first game of the playoffs and then cyah season. Not only did cape poop their pants in the 1st quarter against sikeston but sikeston was just better prepared for the game. That doesn't mean they're a better team. Sikeston fans have fun basking in the glory of your 10-0 regular season in 2 weeks when your 11-1

-- Posted by JungleStud on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 3:57 PM

I care that Sikeston beat Cape. So obviously someone does.

-- Posted by CL on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 4:01 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, JungleStud had given us the textbook example of a contradiction. In the first paragraph, he claimed that you cannot say Farmington is better than Cape because Cape won. However, in the second paragraph, he said that just because Sikeston won doesn't mean that they are better. Folks like this are traditionally insecure about their team which is usually due to a big loss to a better squad or are in denial of the truth stemming from a constant propaganda campaign by their peer group. Facts are the friend of these folks as they can be interpreted any way they choose. They tend to hibernate once their team proves them wrong.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 4:06 PM

Cape beat Farmington because they're a better team. Sikeston beat cape because sikeston played a better game. Big difference

-- Posted by JungleStud on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 4:51 PM
  • So if Sikeston beats someone it's because they played a good game, but if Cape beats someone they are a better team. Hmmmmmm

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 4:59 PM
  • hahahaha sidelinestarter, i'd start crying to if my team talked about a shootout and got held to a goose egg.. And you might wanna worry about not losing in the first round, because it's gonna happen in the second

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:28 PM

Don't forget that cape let perryville score in the first quarter. So he's sayin that perryville was better for that time being. Perrtville didn't even score on sikeston...

-- Posted by EaZyE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:36 PM

@CL

If this was that facebook yall young kids use today i'd like that if it was your tweet

-- Posted by EaZyE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:38 PM
  • dog2167, I'm assuming that you're talking about Moore...who do you think he is on here?

I think I understand the comment about Cape vs Farmington vs Sikeston, well at least my opinion on it. Cape is a better pass defense team than Sikeston, that is why Hibbett's was forced to scramble and run more against Cape than he did against Sikeston and he picked up a good amount of yards on the ground against Cape. Cape did come out flat against Sikeston, they weren't prepared for the speed and were deflated after being scored on after 3 plays from scrimmage. Cape's playcalling in the Sikeston game was pityfull you can't expect to get yardage up the middle on a D-line that is pinching the middle all night but they continued to try.

You can't compare any of these teams to each other when they play Perryville, each team and individual kid plays differently when they go into a game knowing that they are going to come out with a W. I didn't go to the Cape vs Perryville game but my guess would be that Cape came out thinking they would be able to just mess around and do what they wanted and go home but Perryville put it to them in the first, they woke up and realized what was going on and started playing.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:51 PM

Thanks semosports. Atleast someone has common sense and doesn't twist my words

-- Posted by JungleStud on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:56 PM
  • Obviously eazy e was joking.. great teams can over come a bad first quarter, cape proved they aren't as good, not as well coached, doesnt have as good of atheltes, and doesn't have the heart like sikeston does.. simple as that

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 9:18 PM
  • Jungle- Just wondering, if Sikeston and Cape do play again and Sikeston wins the game would they be a better team than Cape or just play better games against Cape?

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:01 PM
  • Lou Holtz (who is arguably senile, but that's another discussion) said, "You don't have to be the best team, you just have to better for one game."

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:16 PM
  • Very true. Results speak for themselves.

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:36 PM
  • Junglestud,

"Sikeston fans have fun basking in the glory of your 10-0 regular season in 2 weeks when your 11-1"

Are you serious with that comment? I mean, if it was like 21-20 or even 21-14 I could understand you talking trash. But come on. Let's look at some factors that I think someone else has already said on here about the first time Sikeston played Cape this year.

Cape Central Tigers---Senior Night, home field advantage, and a sell-out crowd. You guys laid a big goose egg!!! If you can't get up for a game with a district championship basically on the line, how do you think you can pretty much guarentee a week 2 of playoff victory?

Are you going to blame the Coach's play calling in the second game? If someone pulls a hamstring in the 2nd quarter, are you going to blame the game on that?

So it was the coach's fault in the first game! Ok I will go with that. BUT it wasn't the coach's fault a TD was scored in the first 3 plays of the game. The ONLY position that I will give you Cape credit having a better player at is TE. Not QB and DEFINTELY NOT ANY OF THE RUNNING BACKS!! I dont think Moore would even be the 2nd string running back at Sikeston.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 11:12 PM

Any team can be beat on any night! No game is a given.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 12:27 AM
  • Sikeston has just about run out of Gas! They wont play with the same intensity they did at cape and Farmington. They are looking past Potosi and Cape and thats too bad. They better play one game at a time or they will be watching from the stands!!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 7:18 AM

Now playboy, dont include all Sikeston fans with two or three people on here talking like that.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 7:56 AM
  • Yea, don't lump all of us in the same group with some of these people. All teams fans talk trash, it's just that Sikeston is winning more, right now. Last year I doubt many Cape fans were on here talking trash.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 8:40 AM
  • So, let me get this straight. When Cape beats a team, it's because they're the better team. When Cape loses, it's not because the other team is better. It's something else. Bad night. Bad coaching. Whatever. But it's certainly not because the other team was better.

You really can't make stuff like that up.

Look, Cape's good. There's no question about it. But let's stop making excuses for that loss. Sikeston's better and they proved it. Don't blame Cape's play calling. How is it that they only called one good play all night? If the play calling is really that bad, then the team is really that bad.

If the two teams meet up again next week, I expect a good game. I think it will be closer than the last time. I still expect a Bulldog victory, but beating a team twice in less than a month is incredibly difficult. That said, I don't think anyone can deny that Sikeston is the better team right now.

-- Posted by BW23 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 8:42 AM
  • someone post some stats and tell me why Cape's tightend is so good. Everyone is saying that Cape should throw more to him. He is terribly slow, therefore he wll not outrun anyone. So that means that they will have to throw to him 10-12 times. That means that they will completely abandoned their running game.

Against a team with speed, that is exactly what I want to do, throw to the slowest offensive weapon.

-- Posted by HeHateMeToo on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:15 AM
  • Are tight ends supposed to have blazing speed out? NO. This isn't the Colts. They don't line him up in the slot. They don't run him on to many deep patterns. He is like 6'5...great hands...and tuff to bring down. You say he is terribly slow...go on Ihigh and watch the game against Festus. Has a great catch where he drags the middle on a rollout and then he has an unbelievable block running down field with Moore for a 70+ TD. He is faster then people give him credit for. I would say he is a little slow off the line of scrimmage. Also he has been a big factor in the blocking scheme this year. Is he good? Yes. Best in the area? What school in the SEMO area has a better one? All-State? Probably not because his stats are way down this year because Cape doesn't through like years past. So he won't break a big one but TE are more possession receivers' anyway with leaking them out on play-action for a deep ball.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:29 AM
  • Delo we arent on your level, sikeston athleteics will soon be the premeir atheletics in the bootheel.. And not going to be able to run the same intensity? Come on the dogs will be even more hyped up since its at home..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:41 AM
  • Del088, just to let you know, I did play football for Sikeston. I played 4 yrs and started my sophmore, junior and senior year. AND....I was on a team that made it to the playoffs. So with that being said....I do know a little about football. Some of you that have very very valid points. ANYONE can win on any given night.

I am just saying Cape will lose by what I have seen. Cape cannot run up the middle on Sikeston. Cape, two weeks ago, could not pass the ball on Sikeston. When your leading tackler is the safety, Sikeston is getting way too many yards.

Sikeston had a horrible horrible first half against Farmington. Did they play well? That is hard to answer. I would say no on both sides of the ball. However, Farmington played lights out. Sikeston was chasing them all over the field. BUT in the second half, the roles were reversed. Sikeston played the pass very very well. They stopped the run. Thus coming out with a victory.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:41 AM
  • Lets break both teams down:

Cape or Sikeston

Pass defense- Cape

Run defense- Sikeston

Defensive Line- Sikeston

Linebackers- Sikeston

Secondary defense- Cape

Overall Defense- Sikeston

Offensive run- Sikeston

Offensive pass- Sikeston

Offensive line- Both the same

Quarterback- Sikeston

Running backs- Sikeston

Recievers- Both the same

Coaching- Sikeston

The thing is I am excited Cape has a good team this year. I am not down on Cape. I just dont think Cape will be able to beat Sikeston this year. Sikeston will have a very difficult time beating them again this season but it will be done. There are people on here saying that it cant be done. If you guys remember last year Poplar Bluff had a way better offense than Cape's team this year and got beat twice within a month. they had two backs that rushed for over 1000yards and combined in both games were held to 57 total yards.

Sikeston shut them out in the first meeting just like they did against Cape. But they did score in the second game but got beat again. Just filling you in...it can be done

-- Posted by dog2167 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:52 AM
  • Gosh I can go all day of how Sikeston is a better team! Cape got down by 2 touchdowns and was vertually out of the game. What i mean by that, is that they were in shock! They were hanging their heads and the fans were totally out of the game. And all that was in the first quarter!

Sikeston was down by 13 at halftime against Farmington and came back and won in stellar fashion. Do I think this Sikeston team is better than last years Sikeston team? That is a good question. I really truely do not know. I think on defense they are not as good but offense they are. But one thing they showed this year from last year is that they can come from behind and win. Something they didnt show last year. And something Cape has not shown this year.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 11:30 AM

inspectorgadget- Maybe you will become a powerhouse in football for the Semo area one day, but that's nothing to brag about. That's like Alabama or Auburn going to play in the MAC or the Conference USA. When you think FOOTBALL powerhouse right now in Semo, Valle Catholic comes to mind, no one else. As long as SCC is in Semo, Sikeston will always be #2 in basketball, and to think, they are just a class 1 team.. It's truly amazing the level they play on.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 11:55 AM
  • dogs2167, Cape's O line is not equal to SHS. 33 running plays in the first game and 15 of those were for a loss or no gain. I do agree with most of the others except recievers. SHS gets the edge there as well IMHO.

-- Posted by JuniorBulldog on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:14 PM
  • Actually Sikeston beat SCC two years ago and finished ranked #1.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:29 PM
  • Cheesehead,

Sorry to get off topic...

Sikeston hoops has been to the quarterfinals the past 2 years and was beaten by Borgia both years (ranked in the top 25 in the country last year)....Borgia won the title in 2009 and finished 2nd last year. The two years that Sikeston didn't win district, they lost to ND who got 2nd in 2007 (last second shot to win district by Dirnberger) and won a state title in 2008. I would say those stats are the hallmarks of a powerhouse. Yes, SCC is a powerhouse....no doubt. However, don't forget that Sikeston beat them 2 years ago. And, in an AAU format this spring, SCC only beat Sikeston by 1. No, Sikeston doesn't have any state titles and SCC has 4,621!! LOL! SCC would be a powerhouse in any class, much less Class 1. However, they don't have to beat Borgia, Kearney, and others. That is not a knock, just the facts. SCC beats everyone put in front of them.....period....and they don't shy away from playing bigger schools. The fact that they have agruably the best player in the state doesn't hurt either.

I just get a little defensive when someone starts talking about my Dogs hoops team!!! LOL!!

By the logo on your posts, I assume you are a C'ville fan. Btw....I hear that Heeb has their team improving. I have heard very good things abuot them. We were supposed to play C'ville last year, but Heeb was gracious enough to cancel to allow us to play SCC.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:38 PM

I never said Sikeston wasn't good at basketball. As I stated, SCC is probably overall the best program, year in/year out. Yeah they are going to get beat by good teams like Sikeston on occasions, all teams get beat. Ever heard of "The best team doesn't always win". I LOVE high school basektball, I went to the Riverbend Classic I think it was last year. I watch SCC play a great team in Dallas, forgot the name though. They had a top recruit in the nation playing for them, and SCC gave them a run for their money. I wasn't saying that SCC is better than Sikeston, I was saying when everyone thinks about powerhouse teams in basketball SCC comes to mind first because all the State Title's.Them playing in a weak class helps their cause a little but still have the trophies to show for it.I would love to come to a Sikeston game this year to check them out, love watching local teams do good. I'll be rooting for their football team and basketball team this year. Let's make Semo proud.

Cville team is coming along pretty good. Still have some work to do though, playing a tougher schedule will help them get better though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 3:03 PM
  • I know you weren't bashing Sikeston. I was just pointing out a few things. I think Sikeston is a powerhouse as well. You are right, however, SCC has the state titles to prove it. They are a VERY good team.

SCC played Dallas Lincoln last year. Like you, I was at the game. SCC got beat by 20, but to me, I thought Lincoln was toying with them.....just my opinion. However, I thought Bobby played right up there with them. I have never seen Otto seem intimidated, but the Bryant kid (I think that's his name) was as big and more physical than Otto. Otto isn't used to seeing someone like that in this area. That's no knock on Otto, however. He is probably the best or one of the best players in the state.

I haven't seen the Dogs schedule this year, but I hope we get to play you guys. I know you guys were down for several years, but I know Heeb will get you guys turned around...the guy can coach. I also know he is not scared to play anyone. Like you said...playing better competition will help. Good luck to you guys.

Who is in Cville's district in basketball?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 3:47 PM

Don't quote me on this but I think

* Bloomfield

* Caruthersville

* NMCC

* Charleston

* Doniphan

* East Prairie

* Kennett

* Malden

* Twin Rivers

Not sure what the schedule is this year though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:09 PM

His name was labryan Nash and they were deffinantly toying with SCC but that's beside the point. Everyone come out to Riverbend this year and watch Rashad Madden from East Poinsett battle Otto Porter and SCC. He supposed to be as good as Nash.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:11 PM

Kennett will prolly have this district.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:12 PM

Do you have the schedule for this year's Riverbend classic? I really need it

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:15 PM
  • Good luck, Cheesehead. I know NMCC will be down and I'm not sure about the rest except Kennett. I think they will still be pretty good. They still have the Caruthers and Garmon kids.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:27 PM

Here you go cheesehead101

Friday Novebmer 26

NMCC vs. West Memphis AR, 2 p.m.

Covington TN vs. Pine Bluff AR, 3:30 p.m.

Charleston vs. East Poinsett County AR, 5 p.m.

Scott County Central vs. North Little Rock AR, 6:30 p.m.

Saturday November 27

West Memphs vs. Covington, 2 p.m.

Charleston vs. North Little Rock, 3:30 p.m.

NMCC vs. Pine Bluff, 5 p.m

Scott County Central vs. East Poinsett County, 6;30 p.m.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:36 PM

Thanks BuckMajor for the schedule

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 4:52 PM

This is a football forum right?

-- Posted by EaZyE on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 8:29 PM
  • Delo you come on every sikeston thing saying cville would put a game up against on and get mad when i tell you there's no possible chance? And cocky fans? I'm just confident in my team.. I'm sorry they beat/would beat all your home town teams, but get over it, this is our time.. if you have a problem with smack talking on a smack talking forum then go make yourself a bebo or something, i mean if cape would have won, i would have given them their credit, which i will if somehow they do win

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:14 PM
  • Quit talkin basketball on this football forum! Make own forum if u want to talk basketball.

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 10:18 PM
  • Easy, Cowboy Bill!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 10:22 PM

if you dont like it, you sure dont have to read it. make your own forum to read if you want to read something youll enjoy.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 11:43 PM
  • Thanks, Buck! I absolutely agree!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 8:15 AM
  • And no me hemingway and rocket are not twins, i have more hair than rocket!

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:07 AM
  • Wow! Thanks, Gadget! I didn't expect that from you, but I will be on guard in the future!! LOL! You better just expect the unexpected! You know what they say about karma........

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:55 AM
  • Thanks for the info Gadget, I would tend to agree with the "hair" statement about Rocketman!! No offense Rocket! haha Now down to the "Bin-ness", Cheesehead----DO NOT come on here touting SCC as the best program every year, year in and year out. Yes, the last couple of years "possibly" but year in and year out??? Let's go back to about 1994 up until around 2007, would you still say that? No is what I am guessing. Sikeston is up there year in and year out, at least in the 2000's (and a few years in the mid 90's) and you've got to usually put Bluff, any team Heeb coaches, Portageville (especially) and there you have it. Don't care if it is a football thread, I am Hemingway and I approve this message!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 11:28 AM

Fact of the matter is, where are the State Title's at? We know Poplar Bluff has some, also Portageville, but not Sikeston. Sorry you don't like it that I am not praising your team, but you seriously can't be considered as a top school if you don't have any title's to back it up. I did however forget to mention Pville and Poplar Bluff, they are great every year. I was more referring to Sikeston/SCC.. When Sikeston wins one, then I will rephrase what I said, until then, I stick to what I say, like it or not. I love how you Sikeston guys get on here, wanting people to bow down to Sikeston sports, wanting to hear everyone praise about how good they are. Not everyone feels the same way as you, and I know it hurts you people when you hear other teams are better, but you have to get over it, life is full of unfairness and disappointments. So, if you don't like it, who cares, I have an opinion just like you, agree with me or not, its not going to change. This is Cheesehead and I also aprove this message.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 11:43 AM
  • Nice post Cheesehead. However, I don't think you "have" to have a state title(s) in order to be considered a pretty good team year in and year out. You have also got to look at teams that are in the district, sectionals, etc. What makes a team good year in out is consistency across the board, not just a one year stint. I will tell you from what I hear, Sikeston should be one of those teams. They have got them going all the way down through the Junior High ranks and that is the biggest reason why they have had this push the last 5 year or so. Expect AT LEAST another 5 years of Sikeston being good. However, you will probably drop SCC off of that list after this year. They don't have a whole lot coming back or up through the ranks. Bluff--the jury is still out on them, but I know (because I live there) that their program is solid from top to bottom. Portageville, not so much from what I hear. But they will be better than average this year. New Madrid---totally forgot about them. Don't really know what they have or have coming up. Maybe BuckMajor or someone from there can chime in.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 12:07 PM

You miss understood what I was trying to say. All I was saying is that when you mention great teams from Semo to anyone else "outside" of our region, you hear about SCC more so than the other teams. I never once said Sikeston wasn't a great team. How could they not be? I do agree with you, you don't have to have state title's to back it up, but it helps. The reason small schools only have a few years of good teams is the lack of people to choose from. Teams like Pville, Cville, SCC, can have great seasons for a few years then drop off bc of the lack of kids and the overall talent pool. Bigger schools like Sikeston, Poplar Bluff, NMCC, should always have a pretty good team because of the size of school, more kids to choose from, deeper talent pool. Not saying that is always the case bc its not. I know having a good coach at the high school level is key also. You can never underestimate how big a good coach can be to a program. I also agree that who you play is a big part of your season also, who is in your district, in your conference. Sikeston pretty much has to play a tough schedule bc of their conference and districts, not to mention the level of comp in Class 4 every year. The only thing that really gets on my nerves when it comes to these internet sites, is the people who need their ego's catered to and if you don't then your just stupid and don't know anything. Not saying you are that type of person, but I can tell you a few of these posters that are. That don't go for just Sikeston, that goes for anyone who likes to downgrade other teams just to make themselves feel better bout their team. I'm not saying its not ok to be confident in your team, or even say you know they are going to win, but some people need to take that in to moderation. I love high school sports, not just Cville sports. I want all semo teams to do well this year in the playoffs and this year in basketball.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 1:09 PM

Figured this would be the place to update this since originally this thread was about the possibility of Sikeston making it to the Dome. The new state rankings came out earlier today with Sikeston moving up to #4 in Class 4 after Bolivar's loss to Helias. Helias is now ranked #8 and plays #3 Carthage this week. If Carthage goes down, the Dogs may move up another slot considering that Kearney has received every #1 vote and Webb City has every #2 vote. Caruthersville held at #5 in Class 2 and Valle stayed at #4 in Class 1. Cape Central is in the "Also Receiving Votes" category for Class 4.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 1:34 PM

I just wanna say, I am not down on the kids that actually play the game. I am just laughing at the excuses the fans make.

Excuse #1

"The coaches called horrible plays."

Understandalbe to a degree, but the coaches called the plays that had been working against all the other teams they came in contact with.

Keilon has been running up the middle all year.

They couldn't run up the middle due to Perkins and Porter. The Cape O-Line Could not block them.

Excuse #2

"We played a bad game. Our boys didnt show up."

THAT IS THE BIGGEST INSULT YOU COULD SAY, THATS LIKE SAYING THEY DIDNT TRY. SIKESTON WAS JUST BETTER. Sikeston played a stellar first Quarter, Classic! Winning 101 - was in session, score First! Cape lost because they had no answers for Howard and Lewis, period end of discussion.

Excuse #3 (my favorite)

"They stole our playbook"

Ok, that was true, I saw it. It only had 2 pages in it.

If I were a coach and I am not, I would do the exact same thing. Pinch the middle, dare Cavenesse to throw the ball down field and make the running backs bounce the ball to the outside and Pulley and Clark will tackle them for losses....again.

IF WE PLAY, I WOULD LOOK FOR A BIG BLOW OUT. SIKESTON SHOULD'VE AND COULD'VE THE FIRST TIME

I DONT THINK CAPE WILL BE VERY EXCITED TO PLAY THEM AGAIN AT ALL.....BUT ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN..

If Sikeston can stay healthy and hungry through the playoffs, we should go to the Dome. I know Ladue feels very different about that.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 2:40 PM
  • How do u say Overconfident? Sikeston better keep it all in perspective or they may go home early. One at a time, dont look ahead to Cape before Potosi!!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 2:59 PM

Because a few fans are overconfident, that must mean the entire football team and community is aswell

-- Posted by CL on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 3:34 PM
  • Did everyone look closely at the Bracket Helias is in and the next one that ties in to it? Those two brackets that are linked (winners play) have Webb City, Bolivar, Carthage and Helias in them. All four teams are ranked in state. And if you win a couple three games you will probably then play Kearny. Tough little spot in the bracket. I was at the Bolivar game last week and I don't want to trash anyones team but, they were good but not one of the "top teams" in my opinion. If the officials hadn't called 15+ penalties on Helias it would have been a blow out. I really think the level of competition we played this year really helped because in my opinion Helias isn't as strong as last years team. We don't seem to have the "all out abandon" or "ferocity" as last years team. Good luck again to you guys and I agree I think you guys should make the Dome. Would love to see you there, or anyone but.... gonna be tough.

I'm not sure how many dress out, but for Homecoming and playoffs all the kids dress out. I would have to count names on the program.

-- Posted by chesehed on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 4:05 PM

Whoever comes out of the four team group of death between Bolivar (who I agree was overrated), Helias, Webb, and Carthage could give Kearney a run for their money. No offense to the Crusaders since I think you all beat Carthage tonight but I think Webb is going to be the one to survive. I'd like to see Sikeston play Helias again at the Dome though. Would be interesting to see a rematch.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 4:11 PM
  • I really don't know much about the teams in your area but saw the posts about Caruthersville competing with Sikeston but it will never happen due to size differences. Go to the Massey Web site where they have power rankings of all the high school football teams. I checked Caruthersville out and they are ranked 124th in the state and 12th in Class 2. Just an fyi. I think it's a very interesting site. They grade teams on different aspects of the game and a final ranking. Heck Kearny and Webb City are ranked ahead of most class 6 schools. Scary.

-- Posted by chesehed on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 4:19 PM
  • Sidelinestarter,

I agree. But I'm worried about Carthage even. They have a running back thats awesome and the local paper was talking about how they have only scored under 37 points once, that was against Webb City. And their defence is shuting everyone down also. If we win Webb City comes here to Helias and that will be our only plus. I don't think we can beat them either unless we have our best game of the year and catch some breaks.

-- Posted by chesehed on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 4:24 PM
  • wow... dont need to look past Potosi anymore... 62-8. I expected a large margin victory... but had no idea it would be that bad. Please dont say we ran up the score... no pass attempts the 2nd half, that I saw. Our JV team scored twice, on just running the ball. Congrats to Potosi, they have a very good QB. Effortless throwing the ball.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 9:51 PM

I dipped out at halftime. Number 21 from Potosi caught my eye. I dont mean anything bad, but the kid just looked so tiny to me, i think he played linebacker. Anyone know anything about this kid?

-- Posted by CL on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 10:28 PM
  • CL,

I remember #21 from the jamboree in Hillsboro. The kid has a huge heart and gives it every play he is on the field. He will stick his head in against anybody. Not a great athlete but I give him all the respect for doing what he can with what he has to work with.

-- Posted by JuniorBulldog on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 10:21 AM

Ok, Buzzard,

Can we talk about how we are gonna beat cape yet, or do we have to talk about Friday's practice first?

-- Posted by Big Bro on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 11:40 AM

JuniorBulldog, ment no disrespect to the homeboy. I was just curious if he was a superfreak athlete or something.

-- Posted by CL on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 12:04 PM
  • #21 is lucky to have made it through last nights game, and his senior season for that matter, w/o serious injury. I couldn't believe they had him back for kick returns!

Props to Potosi for cutting through the SHS D on the first drive especially. Sikeston is on to the next one. I hope CT is prepared to accept what is going to happen to them Monday night.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 1:21 PM

Looks like Hannibal needs to focus on academics.

-- Posted by CL on Mon, Nov 15, 2010, at 10:22 PM
  • Hannibal probably plays like it spells. Bad!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Mon, Nov 15, 2010, at 10:39 PM

Is everybody on Hannibal that arrogant? That's probably why you got beat.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 9:59 AM
  • It's one thing for fans, particularly those still in school, to get on here and say things about their school's team that might seem a little crazy or stupid. It's another thing for players from other teams doing it, particularly those with no dog in the hunt and who have already finished their season.

-- Posted by BW23 on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 10:05 AM
  • Jealousy has set in with some and thats to be expected. It always happens to the good teams. Hannibal Boy just had to start some stuff and he did. Come Saturday we will be at Public Schools Stadium watching our dogs while ur sitting at home whining about what could have been. Im all about the Tailgatin' before the game and then seeing an exciting game. Go Bulldogs!!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 11:35 AM
  • Hahaha that made me laugh, shouldnt he be kissing his sister in their double-wide?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 6:56 PM
  • What the hey. Helias refs? My opinion Helias gets the shaft on bad calls from the refs. Heck in the Bolivar game they called an illegal procedure penelty on Helias while trying to take a knee with 6 seconds left in the 1st half. Thats how bad it gets for Helias a lot of times.

One thing he said though was slightly true but said wrong. The competition played so far won't be like anything you have seen when you get to the DOME. It should be Webb City who looked very good but beatable when they beat Helias. #28 for them is the fastest kid I've ever seen. Good Luck, have fun and no matter what remember the good season you had, win or lose.

P.S. Our couch just resigned due to family. Hope the program continues to be strong and see you guys next year maybe.

-- Posted by chesehed on Thu, Nov 18, 2010, at 12:44 PM
  • no.............Warrenton is

-- Posted by gocardinals987 on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 5:24 PM
  • Ct your parents must be proud!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 5:56 PM

Ct, how did cape go?

-- Posted by Taller than life on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 6:42 PM
  • Hey buzzard where will you be sitting next Saturday? Not watching the dawgs haha

-- Posted by NeverWasBeen on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 7:33 PM
  • Where is the "inspector"??? Come out of your shell...

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 8:09 PM
  • Of course Cape fans would have something to say. A team that kicks anothher while they are down,61 unanswered points? Wow. Thats Cape for ya! Losers that talk crap while we all laugh at ya!

-- Posted by go getta on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 8:21 PM
  • go getta---I am a Cape fan that was at the game and cheering for Sikeston but if certain folks are going to get on here and run their mouths then they need to "man up" and admit they were wrong about warrenton...

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 8:51 PM
  • I am definetly not a central fan good try though

-- Posted by NeverWasBeen on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 8:57 PM
  • I will be sittn at home like all the other Southeast Missouri fans! We got beat by the better team today But there's always another day! You gotta make the plays and we didnt. I hate to lose but will sleep just fine tonite. It was fun gettn to the Semi's. For me it's on to Basketball and Wrestling! I'm sure you'll see me on here backing my Bulldogs.

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 10:49 PM
  • If the tables were turned and Cape was the team that beat Sikeston twice this season and lost today Sikeston fans would be on here doing the same thing some Cape fans are doing, don't lie cause you know it would happen just because of all the trash talking that went on this season. It doesn't matter who made it this far as soon as they lost, fans of other teams would be on here talking stuff. It's part of online forums and the rivalries of the SEMO area.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Nov 20, 2010, at 11:41 PM
  • Bulletman sorry i was hanging out with some friends, where were you when you picked any other team to beat sikeston this year? You want to man up? I'm not the least bit upset about the game, they came back and fought for a win, its sports, not life.. Maybe you should take you pads off from 1909 and put a tall-tee on, go rent a movie, maybe get black ops, but hey whatever you do that makes you happy, now i came out of my "shell"

and semosports, you just push everything back to how "bad" sikeston is.. If they beat us i wouldnt have any business laughing or talking about them losing two games down the road? That doesnt make sense, yes i talked a lot about the game before, but didnt i everygame? Whoopdy do we lost, now cape fans flood the forums to rub it in? Just doesnt make sense

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Nov 21, 2010, at 7:51 PM
  • I'm not saying anything that should be interpretted as Sikeston is "bad", they were very good this year there is no doubt about it. They had three kids with over 100 tackles, and 2 over 1500 rushing yards losing in the 3rd round of the playoffs. I was just reversing the thought that Cape fans are on here talking stuff because Sikeston lost. If you actually think about my previous post you will see what I did.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sun, Nov 21, 2010, at 9:25 PM
  • WE ARE WARRENTON,WE ARE WARRENTON,WE ARE WARRENTON,WE ARE WARRENTON,WE ARE WARRENTON!!!!!!!

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 8:49 AM
  • WARRENTON-31

WEBB CITY-30

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 8:51 AM
  • Scott Lathrop,Bret Favred us to victory!!!!!!!

WARRIORS-28

BULLDOGS-21

My prediction......WARRIORS-27

BULLDOGS-17

It was way to close for comfort,i tell you.That was the best game of the year for me and Sikeston had one of the biggest crowds i have ever seen.!!

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 9:01 AM

I wouldn't pick Brett Favre, but Lathrop did play very well down the stretch.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 9:54 AM

He is a good athlete. Warrenton, you know in your hearts you got lucky. You shouldve never been in the game.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 2:02 PM
  • Funny when Sikeston wins it's because they are the better team but when they lose the other team just got lucky. Like someone else said, maybe they sould drop a couple teams around here and play some of the better teams in the state and maybe it would prepare them more for the teams they will meet in the playoffs.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 2:19 PM
  • Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. It's really cool when you can be both! Thanks Sikeston for being gracious hosts and I look forward to you getting a rematch in the future.

-- Posted by bigbee67 on Mon, Nov 22, 2010, at 2:22 PM

Can't argue with that one bigbee67! There have definitely been some lucky wins that go down in sports history as some of the greatest games ever. Congratulations again.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 10:38 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: