Semoball

High School Football Forum: Sikeston vs Hillsboro

Posted by wheresthebeef on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 10:08 PM:

Sideline and crew, if you are done eating your crow give me your insights and keys for a Bulldog victory. I know the Dawgs wanna a rematch with the Knights whats going to get them there?

Replies (25)

I am hoping for the best but Farmington exposed the game plan to use on us this week. We made several mistakes on our own but most of all Farmington Owned us!

I feel Hillsboro is going to be tough! I don't know a ton about them but if they are a run first team our chances very good. If they are a throwing team then I am not as positive we can win.

Sikeston has a bunch to work on in practice over the next few days and then we will have to make a statement with a big win at Hillsboro. Right now as a Bulldog fan I would like to say we could beat them so I am going to give a couple of predictions.

We stop the pass...35-14 Sikeston

We don't....27-20 Hillsboro

We HAVE to stop the pass to win! PERIOD!

-- Posted by Haterade on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 12:21 AM
  • If Sikeston plays there corners and safeties up at the line of scrimmage and as line backers, they will be in trouble. Farmington just ran right pass them.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 10:05 AM

I gave Farmington their props before anyone. I've just been traveling the last few days and in total Cards mode so it has been tough to get on here. I haven't been able to watch film on Hillsboro yet but from the information I've gathered, I think we win a close game, something like 28-21 or so. I don't think they will be as ready for our speed as Farmington was since I don't think they are quite as big. I'm hoping that the Farmington result will lead to them taking us lightly. I reserve the right to change this prediction upon receiving more information.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 11:46 AM
  • We'll bounce back. We now have film on what we need to improve on and Farmington exposed our weaknesses. They came into sikeston knowing which matchups favored them and they took it to us.

It's time to show our character and step up, which I think we will.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 10:39 PM

Yeah, a lot of people have been shown to think that we will just roll over or won't bounce back like this loss won't give some sort of motivation to the team. I'm pretty sure they want to show that last week was an exception instead of the norm. Expect them to be as ready as possible. I'd like to see them embarrass Hillsboro.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 10:47 PM
  • I've heard Hilsboro has a STUD QB and three quality wide receivers. They are a pass-first offense. Nervous Sikeston fans???

Only kidding. I have NO idea what offense that Hilsoboro runs.

Good luck! And stay thirsty my friends!

-- Posted by cattle_rancher on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 11:03 PM
  • The only thing I know is they lost to festus. And festus spreads the field out right?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 11:19 PM

Look up some of their games on IHigh.com. They have a few that were broadcasted. Team runs similar offense to Cape's. From film looks like hardnosed kids. Run down hill and block aggressively. Good play action team as well. I think Sikeston wins this by +10. They have experience against this offense, and that will help them a ton.

-- Posted by NewTigerFan on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 10:48 AM

Cool.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 1:46 PM
  • Should be a great game then!

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 2:00 PM
  • I know it's meaningless, but Massey Ratings has Sikeston winning by 7.....I think. By the way....it had Farmington beating us. That thing is a pretty good predictor when it has some data in which to work. It actually picked Sikeston to beat Borgia 70-55 in the finals last year. We beat them 74-55 with 2 late layups that we probably shouldn't have even taken.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 2:21 PM
  • I'm a firm believer in Massey. I think it was football monkey that said he won the pigskin pick 'ems here on semoball solely going my Massey's predictions.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 2:29 PM
  • scott.....I'm hoping for more. But....I'm just hoping for a W!! Sikeston needs to make a statement!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 3:18 PM
  • I think Sikeston wins. But on the road, I think it will be closer than people may think. My point spread Sikeston favored by 6.5

-- Posted by cattle_rancher on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 6:34 PM
  • Turf field at Hillsboro I believe. Should be perfect field conditions, as long as the wet stuff holds off.

-- Posted by gianthook on Mon, Oct 31, 2011, at 8:32 PM
  • to me this one is all about linebackers.....keep the middle clogged, and get on the edge take on the block till help gets there from backside persuit........without a serious effort of crashing , bone jarring licks from LB's.....you lose the tone...

have to be agile in the middle and float in the zones and watch for dump passes in the flats....

Get good LB play.....and you disrupt alot of flow...kill drives, and create a loss of momentum

Read more: semoball.com: Preview Forum Comment http://semoball.com/scripts/user/forum-comment.php#ixzz1cU0SKQgC

-- Posted by Headhunt on Tue, Nov 1, 2011, at 2:19 PM
  • All I can say about Hillsboro is I believe one of the signs of the apocalypse is them making the playoffs in football!

-- Posted by Showstopper on Wed, Nov 2, 2011, at 2:26 PM
  • I have Hillsboro by 7. They basically run the flex-bone, and run it very well. There two RB both have like 15 TD's or so. And they do have field turf, so wetness isn't a problem.

-- Posted by semofan31 on Wed, Nov 2, 2011, at 2:26 PM
  • I'll say Sikeston 34 Hillsboro 20

Festus beat Hillsboro, Cape Beat Festus, and Sikeston beat Cape.. just my thoughts

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Nov 2, 2011, at 3:46 PM
  • Sikeston 32 Hillsboro 34

-- Posted by cadult10 on Wed, Nov 2, 2011, at 10:01 PM
  • It was a good year and the dogs did make it to the playoffs at least so they have nothing to feel down about.

-- Posted by cadult10 on Wed, Nov 2, 2011, at 10:04 PM
  • Congrats on a great year.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Wed, Nov 2, 2011, at 10:12 PM
  • I would like to say congrats to Sikeston on a great year and to Mr. Watson congrats on a great year as well I look forward to hear about your future.

-- Posted by cvilletiger02 on Thu, Nov 3, 2011, at 6:15 AM

Travis Matthew Noble

Tough lose to the Sikeston Bulldogs. I don't the the team lost it. I said it all Coach Gibbs fault... Pay back comes Coach Gibbs. You kicked me off the team and look what happen u lost... Next time you will think twice before kicking someone of the team.

^the reason they lost.

-- Posted by CL on Thu, Nov 3, 2011, at 11:20 PM
  • is that off of facebook or what

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Nov 4, 2011, at 1:15 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: