Semoball

High School Football Forum: 2012 football district standings on mshsaa website

Posted by country man on Thu, Aug 9, 2012, at 8:49 PM:

I was just on the mshsaa website looking at Scott City's football schedule and at the bottom of the page they had the words district standings on it.

I clicked on it and they had all the teams that is in their district and at the side it had Record and Points printed on there and the oppents (probally spelled wrong) of teams in the district that they play august 24th. Thougt some

posters might be intersted in looking at this because apparentley they are going to keep track of all the district races.

Replies (7)

Yeah, they'll be doing it each week all season. Will be nice to keep track since I would not be able to keep up with the MSHSAABCS myself.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Aug 9, 2012, at 8:55 PM
  • This format change is going to be extremely confusing for alot of people!

I can't wait to hear all of the so-called "experts" in the stands this year!

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Aug 9, 2012, at 10:38 PM
  • In my humble opinion, the new format is about as simple and straightforward as the BCS. The real reason for the change is money (as it always is). MSHSAA now gets part of the gate for another week (Week 10) and it has all of the teams in the state participating. How convenient.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Aug 10, 2012, at 8:05 AM
  • Rocket, I didn't think MSHSAA was getting any of the gate, it was to be split 60 - 40 b/t the schools after paying refs, etc....

Anyway the teams who win and win big get better standings.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Aug 10, 2012, at 9:00 AM
  • mojo....you may be right. I'm just going by MSHSAA's past track record.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Aug 10, 2012, at 10:12 AM
  • MSHSAA does not get the week 10 gate. The amount of money they receive will be the same (32 teams in each class left for week 11)

As for the "MSHSAABCS" it is a complicated formula, but at least it doesn't determine who gets into the playoffs or who plays for a championship. Strictlty determines seeding (which can be protested even), so I don't think it's a bad thing. It is a true playoff still.

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Fri, Aug 10, 2012, at 11:51 AM
  • I agree MU. You may see grumblings if two or three teams in a district end up 9 - 0 and the "best" team doesn't get seeded #1.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Aug 10, 2012, at 1:02 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: