Semoball

High School Football Forum: Bluff Football

Posted by BillYung on Sat, Aug 25, 2012, at 11:47 PM:

Is Bluff football legit, or did they face a very young and experienced Union team? I decided to go to Sikeston/Charleston game, but waa interested in seeing the Union passing attack.

Replies (7)

• I think legit BillYung. But time will tell.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Aug 26, 2012, at 12:25 AM
  • i posted on here a few weeks back the i thought the mules could finish .500 this year, which would be a marked improvement after notching only 3 wins the past 2 seasons. union lost virtually all their starters from last year's undefeated team, so obviously, they are quite inexperienced. i'm sure it doesn't help that their head coach is now at jackson either. that being said though, pb looked very good friday night. they forced 6 turnovers and held union to just over 150 yards of total offense. the offense executed pretty well most of the night also. with a win at dexter next week, the mules can go to 2-0 for the first time in 9 years. no, union does not appear to be nowhere near as good as they were last year, but it's still a great start to the seaso for pb!

-- Posted by myershallred on Sun, Aug 26, 2012, at 11:44 AM
  • My bearcats almost got them this week!

-- Posted by Bearcats101 on Sun, Sep 2, 2012, at 5:42 PM
  • I know it's part of the game, but on a dry field, Bluff kills Dexter, in my opinion. How do they do against a fast Cape Central team this week?

-- Posted by BillYung on Sun, Sep 2, 2012, at 9:44 PM
  • I could see cape turbo clocking them

-- Posted by Bearcats101 on Sun, Sep 2, 2012, at 10:29 PM
  • Really? Don't know much about them, but heard they have a couple of pretty fast skill guys

-- Posted by BillYung on Sun, Sep 2, 2012, at 11:47 PM
  • i think we all know what "almost" only counts in. hats off to dexter as they played a very inspired game. you could see them gaining confidence as the game went on. however, the conditions definitely neutralized bluff's speed advantage.

as far as the game game this friday, it will definitely be the mules' toughest test so far and it will probably take a very good effort in all phases of the game for pb to come away with a win. but, i don't see cape turbo clocking pb. i seriously doubt that bearcats101 does either as i'm sure he's just "fishing" to stir the pot.

-- Posted by myershallred on Mon, Sep 3, 2012, at 9:19 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: