Semoball

High School Football Forum: Hillsboro @ Fredericktown

Posted by mojo3 on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 12:36 PM:

Game has been moved to 1:00pm tomorrow to get ahead of the bad stuff moving in.

Replies (9)

• Well I guess daddy and I don't have to rooster strut!

Definintly not the same Hillboro team as last year. Was raining for part offirst half, but the second half was dry but very windy. However, I don't think the weather had much affect on the game.

Observations: Hillsboro: As said not like last year. They've got some big boys on the line and was running a wish-bone offense most of the time and ran a spread several plays too. But, they couldn't get many sustained drives during the game. The Rion kid must have graduated. Seemed to me mostly timing issues with the pass plays they ran I remember maybe 3 complete passes for downfield yards. Quite a few incompletes. Running out of the wishbone was ok but our defense didn't allow too many to break loose into the secondary like last year. Hillsboro's front four looked HUGE compared to our boys, but the 'Cats O-line held up fairly well. Was impressed with the Hawks linebackers, they contained the QB keeper runs very well. Only a few passes gained more than a couple yards after the catch, but the 'Cats threw more big bombs than against Kennett.

Fredericktown: I can say the same thing here, not the same team as last year. O-line was solid, the QB was lightly pressured. Timing seemed really good and considering the high winds, Gremminger did very well airing it out on several passes. As said the Hawks did a good job containing the run, but the 'Cats opened it up with the pass. Defense was solid for the most part, not many long yard plays but there were a few 20 - 30 yard passes thrown in the high winds. Hillsboro didn't have many runs broken for big yards like last year. What long passes they completed, our defense brought then down quick except for the one that got the Hawks to 14.

Overall, I think the Blackcats are the real deal this year. Should be a great game against PHC next week. Hillsboro looks like they ought have hanled the 'Cats better than they did, but it may be inexperience. Get rid of the timing issues and the o-line make some better blocks and the score would have been quite a bit different.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Aug 31, 2012, at 7:41 PM
  • Forgot to add, Gremminger got a bad cut on the chin when his helmet was knocked off on a play either late in the third or early forth quarter. Doc Beyer was sewing him up ON THE BENCH most of the late part of the game. One tough hombre there! Shouldn't keep him out next week.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Aug 31, 2012, at 7:52 PM
  • so who won? told us all but the score??

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Aug 31, 2012, at 7:56 PM
  • OOPS! Score was 42-14 Fredericktown

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Aug 31, 2012, at 9:48 PM
  • Come on......I was talking about Daddy doing the rooster strutting!

-- Posted by zachattack on Tue, Sep 4, 2012, at 5:15 PM
  • I'll let daddy strut all he wants! If FredMo scores 55 on PHC this week, I'll join him in a strut!

-- Posted by mojo3 on Tue, Sep 4, 2012, at 9:26 PM
  • freddy gone go in dere an beat own dat backside of them thare reebels an whoop dem boys like one uh them thare huntin boots after a good ole spring thunder chicken hunt ya'll.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Sep 4, 2012, at 9:36 PM
  • If Fredericktown scores 55 points on Central, I will pay for a radio ad on Endzone and personally congratulate the black cats for thumping the Rebels.

It "ain't" gonna happen.

-- Posted by zachattack on Tue, Sep 4, 2012, at 10:24 PM
  • that's what you said in '09 too....

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Sep 4, 2012, at 10:49 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: