Semoball

High School Football Forum: Lets Talk 4&5

Posted by BillShakespeare on Wed, Oct 24, 2012, at 2:54 PM:

I would like to first say that his is one good thing that no one can argue has come from this system, these are all "toss ups" in my mind. Im usually not a creator of threads, (Ill hijack yours in a heartbeat though) but there's been upset discussions and various games have been mentioned but everything is so scattered, so with a little over 24 hours to these games, I propose, which is the best of these games to watch and of course.. Whose gonna win?

Class 1

#4 St. Vincent hosts #5 Hayti- St. Vincent is coming into this game on a low, losing a game they shouldve won against Jefferson R-7, however they have been explosive one week, and obsolete the next. Hayti is coming in off of a Bye week, getting people healthy is always key to a run. Previously to that they played Caruthersville extremely close in a long standing heated rivalry, Hayti has lost the games they were supposed to and won the games they were supposed to. Homefield advantage and Natural biased-ness leads me to believe that the Blue&Gold will pull this out.

Class 2

#4 Jefferson R-7 hosts #5 Scott City- Jefferson is coming off a huge win while rolling up 460 rushing yards. They carry out fakes tremendously, and are a definite change up running the Double tight straight T. Scott City has a nice win against Herky but that was early, SC last win was against rival Chaffee and have since taken three pretty sound defeats. Jeffersons running game is too much for the rams, Phillips would have to have the game of his life to give them a chance.

Class 3

#4 Potosi hosts #5 New Madrid CC- Potosi got outta the gates early, partially due to inferior competition. Havent one a game in six weeks, and was only competitive a couple times. New Madrid at 3-7 is a surprise. They have played a couple games that they were in and shouldnt have been, coming into the season with alot of ??s as far as what was gonna happen. If New Madrid brings what ever they took to Pville up to Potosi with them the trojans are going to have their hands full.

Class 4

#4 Cape Central hosts #5 Festus- Obviously this is the least fun of the games to take a guess at because they have faced off before... and it was last week. Ive always thought that its tough to win against teams. Its even tougher to win twice sometimes. I do believe that Cape's Schedule will now help them, they by far have gone out and beefed up more than anyone and dont think they get the credit they deserve sometimes. That said I thing Cape pulls it out at home.

Thats my thoughts I would like to hear the rest of yours for these games.

Replies (2)

That's good to know bleed lol.

Class 1

If Hayti can come out and play like they did against Caruthersville they can put this game away early. They will have to play fundamental football though and limit their penalties and turnovers. The moved the ball through the air well against us but either turned the ball over or couldn't convert in the red-zone.

Class 2

The Rams are going to have to put 9 in the box to try and contain the Jay's rushing attack that has not had problems with putting points on scoreboard this season. Scott City has lost 3 in a row and is averaging 2 TD's a game in those losses that being said I think they will have a hard time keeping up.

Class 3

NMCC has had a tough schedule this year and showed some great improvements last week in their impressive win against Portageville. If this team can play with the same intensity and control the line like they did they should be able to take this game. Potosi on the other had started the season out strong and then started a downward spiral after the Ste. Gen game, not enough offense and I don't think they have the speed to contain the sweeps that NMCC will throw their way.

Class 4

You never know what kind of ball the Central Tigers are going to play they are to inconsistent but going off of last weeks score I will give them the edge. You also have too look at Festus's coaching staff to see if they could have worked any kinks out if they made the proper adjustments and can put a few more points on the board they could come out on top I think this will be the best game of the week but hell I have been wrong before.

Here are my picks on these games nonetheless.

Hayti

Jefferson R-7

NMCC

Cape

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 24, 2012, at 4:44 PM
  • NMCC 38 POTOSI 21

-- Posted by zachattack on Wed, Oct 24, 2012, at 6:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: