Semoball

High School Football Forum: BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #10 is:

Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 29, 2012, at 10:13 AM:

Here is the fourth edition of BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #10. Please feel free to ask questions, comment, or voice your opinions or disagreement. I once again ask that you do it respectfully and abide by Semoball policy. Thank you once again for reading. So here it goes, BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of the week is....

Sikeston's Chris Word

Chris "OH MY" Word must have been wearing his cleated galoshes last Thursday night, because he went mud hole stomping!! The junior Chris Word has hovered around in the honorable mention category all year long, but finally broke through with an impressive performance last week. Word accounted for 5 touchdowns and two, 2 point conversions, all in fewer than 11 minutes of the first quarter!!! Chris's first quarter performance helped to lead the Sikeston Bulldogs past the Perryville Pirates 71-7 on Thursday night. I think it is fair to say that Word was the thorn in the Pirates side, or the steering wheel on their belt, cause "Arrrrrrrr he was driving them nuts". Chris Word only played the first quarter, but was still able to manage 88 yards on 7 carries, for an average of 12.6 yards per carry. Word is only a junior and I believe will be a huge key to Sikeston's offense next year. If he can stay pretty healthy, I think we will see him have a real big year next year. He is one of the best juniors in the area, so look for him and Caruthersville's Darrell Monroe to battle it out for the Carr Trophy next year. Word will be vital to Sikeston's playoff run in the coming weeks, so good luck to him and the Bulldogs as they move ahead! Their next match-up on Wednesday should be a very exciting game when they take on one of their rivals, the Cape Central Tigers.

Honorable Mention:

Aundrea "I've got a" Golden ticketed his way into the end zone with 2 interceptions on Thursday night. Golden's performance is a key factor in how Sikeston's defense held Perryville to only 7 points. Having one pick 6 in a game is a great accomplishment, but Golden had 2 of them, one a 40 yard return and the second was 43 yards. Golden only played until halftime of this game. For Sikeston Aundrea sprinkles their defense with love, and makes the world taste good. He has also been a big reason for Sikeston's success this season. I believe their defense has been most valuable to their team, and kept them in a lot of games. To make a large playoff run, their defense will have to continue to click on all cylinders. So good luck to Golden in coming weeks, look for this candy man to have some big games!!

Replies (24)

For Sikeston Aundrea sprinkles their defense with love, and makes the world taste good.

Buck, I think you could have left this line out. It kind of made me lose it and to top it off you said candy man..HAHA you are a riot.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Oct 29, 2012, at 7:20 PM

Buck was referencing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory lol.. FEED ME MORE

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 29, 2012, at 7:24 PM

Congrats to Chris on having such a great, uhh, quarter. The kid is really deserving though and a good kid in general.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Oct 29, 2012, at 8:34 PM

I know what he was referring to it was just a little too much. Its a great read every week though I think Semoball could use a few of you guys to do stories and little blogs but I guess then we would not need this forum.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Oct 29, 2012, at 9:37 PM

I think Charleston has been beating teams purely based on being more atheletic. Malden has the athletes to play with them. I don't see Charleston beating Malden unless they open up the passing game. As far as Bogan being a top back goes. He is still a ways off from being a top back in Semo. You have Word from Sikeston,McCoy from Malden,Allen from Portageville,Monroe and Johnson from Caruthersville, all these guys are top backs in the area. They are game changers, big time players. Bogan is getting there but he will have to play huge against some good teams in order to be a top back in the area. I'm surprised Charleston don't have a great passing game. They have great size receivers and the athletic ability to pass. Maybe they are just missing a true QB. I'm with you, I'd love to play Charleston again.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 30, 2012, at 2:52 PM

I try to tone it down some beef haha! That's great sideline, always easier to root for a kid when he is a great person off the field as well.

He Hate Me: Robert Bogan was featured in the very first one I ever did. He was one of the first backs I mentioned. He is a great running back and fun to watch. I believe it was Week #6 if you would like to check it out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 30, 2012, at 3:08 PM

I think strength of schedule has a lot to do with his yardage. Looked back on all the game articles on Semoball and he rushed for over 100 yards against everyone but Cville and Sikeston. The reason being is they are both athletic teams who actually play some good defense. I can name several running backs in Semo who could rush for 100 yards against teams like Kennett,Chaffee,CROTC, East Prairie and Grandview. It's what you do in the big games that make you an elite running back in Semo. Trust me, I've watched great running backs over the years, and I would consider myself a pretty good judge at what makes a top running back. I'm not knocking Bogan at all. He is a good running back but just my opinion, not a top back in the area.

As far as the being hurt comment is concerned. Injuries are part of the game, that doesn't take away from the caliber of player you are. Look at Peyton Manning,got hurt, came back, still an elite player. That arguement doesn't hold well. All the other players I mentioned plays defense to, so that arguement is not strong either. Just want to add something. I can post on any topic I want. I wasn't being mean about anything I said about Bogan as a running back. I was just giving my opinion on it. Some may agree, others may not, but that's what makes this site fun to be on. I don't have a problem with Charleston one bit. Now I gave you my reasoning as to why I don't think he is a top back. Does that answer your question or do I need to explain further?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:06 AM
  • K

-- Posted by hs-sports on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:51 AM

Wow! None of what you said had anything to negate my argument. Plus you had to resort to bringing up basketball on a football topic. You really need to work on your debating skills. Lol.. Thats fine, I didnt expect anything less from you. Now its my bed time..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:57 AM

We go from talking about why someone should or shouldn't be considered a top back, to basketball through Dec-March, then to the amount of state and district titles in football. Is it impossible for you to stay on topic? Or when someone lays it to you, you have to change the subject?

To answer you question, I'll be 30 in March. That has nothing to do with my intelligence or my knowledge about Semo sports as a whole. You don't have to be born before the 80's to know if someone should be considered a top back in Semo. Here is a quote you really need to analyze and give it some thought.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 7:15 AM
  • He just pointed out that the two best teams you played he was held to under 100 yards, the areas top backs strive against tougher competition, you want people to debate with you then you bring nothing to the table expect biased ignorance

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 8:04 AM

Again! Nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. Typical He Hate Me.. I think I could have a better conversation with a 3 year old. Oh and Monroe has been getting letters from LSU,Auburn,Miss State,KState, and Boise. I guess im not the only one who sees this kids potential...

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:41 AM

Monroe will be playing on Saturdays for a D1 school, barring a freak injury. He's got a good head on his shoulders and may play on Sundays someday. He is an insanely gifted athlete.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:44 AM
  • I hardly ever comment on here during football but I attend a game every friday to watch every team that gets talked about. Monroe is the best back in SEMO. I have heard that Miss St is really after him as well for his defensive ability. I would assume that would mean he is a little better than normal..

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:44 AM

Also, we have other weapons, we don't need him to carry 20 times a game. When you have talent like Caruthersville, you don't depend on just one guy.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:48 AM
  • All He Hate Me does is bash anybody not from Charleston. Monroe will be playing Division I football. That's a little better than "normal" if you ask me. Monroe could have 2,000 yards right now and he'd still find something to complain about. (He Hate Me: "Well he's not better than Barry Sanders! He's the best I saw and Monroe isn't better than him!"). The worst part of it is he bashes kids. Why he doesn't support local teams and local athletes is beyond me. I guess if there is a chance some other school has a better player or a team than his mighty Jays then he freaks out. Dude has issues.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 11:26 AM
  • He Hate Me's comment was deleted. Sorry it derailed the thread.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 11:59 AM
  • He hate me, why would anyone want to talk to you after reading a post like that? You need to chill out. If you're gonna dish it out, take it like a man without making veiled threats. Good way to get yourself suspended from this site.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 6:42 PM

Ill tell you like i told that other Charleston poster from last year. Id love to meet up and talk about it. He was a no show. When we play in bball, ill be at halfcourt at the very top of bleachers. See you then

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 6:48 PM

Trust me, Bogan will not get 100 yards next week. Caruthersville's defense is too tough. To put Bogan in the same sentance as Monroe is laughable. Maybe Bogan is just as good as the others now, I can admit I was wrong about that part, but no way he holds a candle to Monroe. I am impressed though with how they beat Malden tonight. They must have improved a lot. Your right I'll get to see them next week, also, Caruthersville has improved since week 3, so I guess it will be another showdown between Cville/Ctown for districts again.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 9:30 PM

It will be the same outcome as last meeting. One thing, our offense is much improved since then. Better open up the passing game or he will not get 100 yards. If Charleston can convert on some passes, that will open up the run a little more. No one said Charleston doesn't hit. We hit just as much and just as hard as Charleston. Remember we won the last 6-7 meetings.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:40 PM

Cheese gonna have any of the injured players back for the charleston game!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:43 PM

Yeah..Only have a few players out now. Landon Stricklin will be back, along with Colt Callens, Abdul Johnson. Starting to get healthy again. Not good for other teams.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:45 PM

That's what I was thinking haha! Team is starting to come together at the right time!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 10:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: