High School Football Forum: Class 4 District 1

Posted by Gus_Belenski on Fri, Sep 27, 2013, at 9:45 PM:

Hillsboro 50 Festus 36.. Final

Any other scores??

This district is wide open.

Replies (6)

Sikeston 22 - Poplar Bluff 21

-- Posted by Haterade on Fri, Sep 27, 2013, at 10:13 PM
  • I can't believe Hillsboro beat Festus. UNREAL.

I know North County rolled Farmington 56-29, I think it was.

-- Posted by zachattack on Fri, Sep 27, 2013, at 11:03 PM
  • Hillsboro's toughest part of their schedule is now over, and with Festus/Sikeston schedule getting tougher by the week. Seeds 1-5 are wide open IMO. With Cape/Hillsboro/Festus/ Sikeston/ NC fighting it out. Have to love High School Sports.

-- Posted by Gus_Belenski on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 7:14 AM
  • Festus has a heck of a player from what I hear. His names Travis spraul. Apparently he's one of the top kickers in the stl area and can play defense pretty well. I believe he returned two interceptions into touchdowns last week

-- Posted by Observer24 on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 10:16 AM
  • Festus has alot of talented players. Their skilled positions are loaded with talent. The Spraul kid is a potential big-time college kicker, no doubt.

-- Posted by Gus_Belenski on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 12:29 PM
  • Festus has several talented players, Corey Carr, Jaden Reddick, Nathan Cummings, Jordan Wilkes, etc...what's scary is this group could have Kirkwood's Blake Goddard at QB. They'd be untouchable with that combination of players.

Hillsboro will also be tough, that's a team that over the course of the last 3 or 4 years seems to get better and better as the season progresses. Not sure they can hang with the likes of Sikeston or Cape, but they'll likely finish strong.

Sikeston has the best defense since the 85 Bears and will be a major player in the District race. As usual they are extremely well coached and have speed to burn.

Cape plays a BRUTAL schedule and is very likely much better than their record indicates. I expect Cape will finish with 4 to 6 wins in the regular season, and be a nightmare for whatever team they face in the first round of Districts.

North County has all the pieces in place to win Class 4, District 1. Wyatt Compton is an absolute beast, that is an extremely fast, physical team.

I tend to think the district is wide open, it will likely end up:

1. Sikeston vs. 8. Desoto

2. North County vs. 7. Perryville

3. Hillsboro vs. 6. Farmington

4. Festus vs. 5. Cape Central

After week 1 of districts it will be:

1. Sikeston vs. 4. Festus

2. North County vs. 3. Hillsboro

After that, I have no idea. Don't even want to guess.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Mon, Sep 30, 2013, at 12:11 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: