Semoball

High School Football Forum: Semoball Class 1 and 2 Top 5

Posted by pmstewert420 on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 2:07 AM:

Here are my top 5 teams for week five in class 1 and 2.

1. Valle - The Warriors look to glide through the rest of the regular season with the exception of week 7 when they play class 3 NMCC. Week 5 saw them route Grandview 48-0.

2. Caruthersville - The powerful Tigers continue to roll beating NMCC 42 - 0 in week 5.

3. Chaffee - The Red Devils routed rival Scott City 51 - 16 in week 5. They have scored 225 points this season with most coming in the first half. They are well balanced and look to go far in district play. Less than 2 points separate them from Valle in district standings. They will be tested in week 7 when Malden comes to town.

4. Malden - The Green Wave seems to be on track for another great season after beating East Prairie 44 - 7 in week 5. They are only ranked below Chaffee because of won/loss records.

5. St. Pius X - The Lancers get better every week. They improve to 3 - 2 in week 5 by beating Herky 50 - 8

Still waiting for Charleston to make a move. They should have no trouble at all when they play the St. Louis school Cleveland JROTC Saturday 9/28/13.

Kelly update - The JV Hawks were idle this week but the Jr. high Hawks defeated the Cape Central 7th grade 30 - 16 on Thursday.

Replies (61)

• Chaffee doesn't play anybody. Like seriously.. the other teams don't even show up

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 3:02 AM
  • Im not so sure NMCC is going to be a huge task for Valle either.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 9:09 AM
  • the biggest task may be the travel whether it's at home or on the road.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 9:21 AM
  • Yea that wont be a game.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 10:45 AM
  • I agree Valle will beat nmcc. Won't be the first 3a school they beat this year!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 11:34 AM
  • Yes our warrior family is vary talented! i'll take valle over nmcc

-- Posted by SGFAN on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 11:55 AM
  • So the dragons and warriors are a family? You were blogging for dragons yesterday!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 12:35 PM
  • That's awesome and the way it should be, just alittle confused when sgfan said warrior family not st gen family. That's all.

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 1:12 PM
  • Its vary hard stonecold, i have neices and nephews at both schools. just cant cheer out loud a hand full a times a year.ha!

-- Posted by SGFAN on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 1:26 PM
  • Lol! I've been there! Both programs are top notch! Good luck the ready of the season!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 2:44 PM
  • Rest of the season

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 3:03 PM
  • Blood is thicker than...well whatever. If my Rebels get knocked off ill be right there on the SG bandwagon too. Wearing as little green as possible but still cheering them on like I do valle every year.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • Yes you can always be assured that you will be cheering for valley all the way to the dome!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 4:00 PM
  • Again this logic is messed up, if you rank Malden below Chaffee based on record alone then C-ville should also be below Chaffee.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 4:43 PM
  • As they should be bleed they are a bigger school! Wouldn't it stink to lose to a smaller school one class size down !et alone 2!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 5:13 PM

Chaffee will most definitely feel the wrath of Valle if they meet in the district championship. Chaffee did beat Scott City rather easy last night but Scott City did put up almost 300 yards on that Chaffee defense. What do you think Fallert is going to do to them? I'm eager to see what happens when Malden and Chaffee play. That will be the gauge of how good Chaffee really is.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 5:15 PM
  • October 11th, Malden at Chaffee......

mobrigade, it's not based on records alone for the all 5, just Chaffee and Malden. Do you not look at these teams schedules? Chaffee and Malden have many common opponents. Caruthersville's schedule would kill Chaffee OR Malden! Chaffee has scored 225 points to Malden's 137. Malden has only allowed 65 points Chaffee has given up 72. Class 1 Chaffee plays seven 2A schools and two 1A schools. Class 2 Malden plays three 3A schools, three 2A schools and three 1A schools, granted, a tougher schedule. What is your logic? What if it was just a class 1 poll? Is it that you just dislike Chaffee that much? Is it because you are a big Malden fan? What logic would you use? Do you disagree that Valle should be ahead of Caruthersville (a game I would love to see scheduled!) Discussion would be great. How would you rank them and why? A lot of this will be answered on October 11.......

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 5:54 PM

Gotta be honest, not much difference in Semo between Class 1 and Class 2 schools as far as competition goes, other than Caruthersville and Valle. The rest are up and down year after year and any of them could beat the others on any given night. Until someone beats Valle in C1D1 and Caruthersville C2D1, then everyone else is just playing for 2nd place come district time. I see Valle and Caruthersville both winning districts again this year, barring any major injuries. Although, that's why they play the games, anything can happen and upsets happen as well. Chaffee and Malden will get their chance to settle who is better in a couple weeks. At the end of the day, it's all settled on the field.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 6:03 PM
  • Updated Class 1 District 1 Standings

1 Valle Catholic, 5-0, 54

2 Chaffee, 5-0, 53

3 Thayer, 3-2, 46.12

4 St. Vincent, 3-2, 44.21

5 Portageville, 2-3, 33.5

6 Crystal City, 1-4, 31.7

7 Cabool, 0-5, 25.3

8 Hayti, 1-4, 24.75

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 6:09 PM
  • Class 2 District 1 Standings

1 Caruthersville, 4-1, 45.3

2 Malden, 4-1, 42.35

3 Jefferson, 4-1, 41.05

4 St. Pius X, 3-2, 33.35

5 Charleston, 2-3, 32.9

6 East Prairie , 1-4, 23.5

7 Grandview, 1-4, 20.53

8 Scott City, 1-4, 18.45

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 6:45 PM
  • Wow didn't know u were that that big of a homer! Everyone wants to include themselves w Valle! Not even close ! How man state championships does c/ville have ? I really don't know ? Just schocking how the wanta b's include their name with valley!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 7:00 PM
  • This is we're you write a dissertation about blah blah blah! Wh

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 7:10 PM

No one included themselves with Valle as far as state titles are concerned. Please show me where I said Caruthersville is comparable to Valle in state titles? I'll wait!!! Hell,I even mentioned the districts lol. You really need to read a little better. I was referring to Caruthersville's dominance in Class 2 in SEMO. How hard was that to interpret? They haven't lost to a Class 2 team in SEMO since 08. Won district 9 out of 10 years. That's why I was referring to. Not many teams in MO can compare titles with Valle.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 8:14 PM

And for someone whose a fan of Valle sure can't spell it correctly. VALLE not Valley!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 8:17 PM
  • Mayne he meant Valley of Caledonia. Their football team isnt very good though.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 9:20 PM
  • Scott City had the ball the whole game Chaffee scored 51 points on 36 plays of offense.. Scott City ran 78 plays and averaged less than 4 yards per play. Chaffee was giving a 10 yard cushion the entire second half bc of the score.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 11:21 PM
  • My logic is this, Malden has beaten Chaffee the last four years, everyone has agreed Chaffee has played no one yet. I agree with your rankings except Chaffee and Malden. I like Chaffee and the staff there, I really do, but if we're ranking based on past and current schedules Chaffee is the underdog. Your logic, to me does not make sense because you are only basing this years current record alone on Malden and Chaffee, why?

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sun, Sep 29, 2013, at 1:59 PM
  • Portageville was beating Malden 19-7 to start the 4th quarter. Portageville never had a prayer against Chaffee.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sun, Sep 29, 2013, at 2:17 PM
  • If your going to call me out on my spelling than you should know it who's not whose!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Sun, Sep 29, 2013, at 9:24 PM

How will I live with myself? By the way, it's "Then" not "than" and also, "you're" not "your"

Now that's over with, let's get back on topic. I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said anything about comparing state titles with Valle.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Sep 29, 2013, at 9:57 PM
  • Chaffee has moved into the state ranking this week at number 10.......

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 6:36 AM
  • Does Kelly play seniors on JV? They seem big for a JV team.

-- Posted by buyer beware on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 8:28 AM
  • sorry to tell you but cville only play two teams that malden doesnt play so dont say that cvilles schedule would just kill chaffe or malden because caruthesville plays alot of easy teams also just saying.

-- Posted by youknewitwasme on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 9:34 AM
  • It was 19-14 going into the 4th, ended 31-19.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 9:34 AM

I agree with the Caruthersville schedule comment. Other than SG and Liberty, Cville's schedule isn't really difficult either, but still tougher than Chaffee's schedule. However, Caruthersville has to play Dexter, NMCC, Kennett, and Charleston for conference reason's. Only games they could schedule tougher opponents would be the Malden and Hayti games. Of course Hayti is our long time rival so I don't expect that to change anytime soon. We have an open date in week 6 so really, we could only schedule 2 tougher opponents for next year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 9:45 AM
  • You guys really need to get over it. Chaffee plays 2 class 1 football teams. 7 class 2 schools.. they are one of the smallest football schools in the state. Nobody said this same schedule was easy when they were losing 6-10 games a year. It's not like it's an easy schedule and they are squeaking by people by 7-14 points. They are clobbering people through 3 quarters and play freshman and sophomores during the 4th quarter.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 11:19 AM

I don't care if Chaffee's schedule is tough or not. I was addressing someone who mentioned Cville's schedule and I agreed with them. Whether or not Chaffee wins in the regular season means nothing to me personally. Sucks for them to be in Valle district though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 11:24 AM
  • I wasn't aiming it at you cheese.. I have got to see Monroe play before he graduates.. any good games stick out?

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 11:28 AM

Cville vs SG will be a good one. I've never been to the SG field so it will be a first for me.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 11:30 AM
  • Yes, when the opponents allow, Kelly has six or so seniors that play on JV. Scott City would not allow any to play. Two schools dropped games against Kelly right before game week probably for that reason. They did pick up two games up north, Crystal City and SG, which will be better opponents for them anyway. I think it helps playing the tougher teams as they prepare for the first varsity season next year. They also have a huge JR. High team. There will be close to 20 eighth graders moving up next year. Not sure if this link will work and it's kind of off topic but what do you think about Kelly's helmets? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=573542739376303&set=pb.234060669991180.-...

Also, Kelly JV beat St. Vincent last night and are 4-0.

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 11:35 AM
  • Fallsohard, Chaffee may be a small school, but I'm pretty sure Valle is smaller by about 50 kids.

It is great to see Chaffee having success! Maybe they can keep building on this success and turn into another SEMO perennial powerhouse!

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 2:16 PM
  • I know Valle is smaller. That doesn't negate what I said about Chaffee being one of the smallest in the state.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 4:03 PM
  • If you haven't seen Chaffee play this year I think you would be blown away by how good they are.

-- Posted by dooley on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 4:27 PM
  • Attended the Kelly-SV game last night, sure hope Kelly didn't have any Seniors there. I know SV started an all freshman backfield and Linebackers. Score was only 2Td ball game I think

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 9:27 PM
  • Bill doing what he does best. Degrading others.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 9:37 PM
  • Hey Bill, Kelly's schedule for next year is starting to take shape.....

8/29/2014....7:00 PM....East Prairie

9/5/2014....7:00 PM....Crystal City

9/12/2014....7:00 PM....St. Vincent

10/10/2014....7:00 PM....at Red Bud (Red Bud,IL)

10/24/2014...7:00 PM....at Chaffee

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 10:17 PM

Any idea what conference Kelly will be in next year?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 10:37 PM
  • I THINK they wanted in The Semo South but were denied. Not sure if they will be in any conference

-- Posted by pmstewert420 on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 10:47 PM
  • You determined it as degrading. I just gave you an open for determination factual statement. Honest question how's the kid who staggered off the field and fell, appalled that refs didn't help him off.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 10:49 PM

Semo South has 6 teams already, I'm not sure on the rule about how many teams can be in a conference. I know the Semo Central only has 5 but I think that conference will be a bit tough for them their first year plus they only have Class 2 and Class 3 teams. Hope they find a home somewhere though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 1, 2013, at 11:05 PM
  • I was at the Kelly SV game. Our young JV looked pretty good against there varsity. Kelly ran 3 plays with 40 seconds left in the ball game, up 20 to 8. They didn't gain any friends.

-- Posted by buyer beware on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 7:15 AM
  • Yeah from what I hear the way they are acting after their 18 year olds beat up on 14 and 15 year olds, I doubt any conference would take them.

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 10:44 AM
  • Guys, lets just relax a little. Kelly's players have zero experience and tradition and most of their players have never even stepped on a football field. Even the older ones. They are trying to establish their program and have a little success to keep their spirits and numbers up. I'm just glad to see a new program in the SEMO area, it just adds to the football excitement around here. I would like to see other small schools add football also in a basketball first area of our state. Good luck to Kelly in the future, it will be very tough once you get to the varsity level.

-- Posted by semo ref on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 12:29 PM
  • Yeah but their coaches have plenty of experience. If you want to teach your kids about football, teach them that you take a knee when your up two scores with 40 seconds left instead of throwing the ball and trying to score again. If you want your program to be successful and build tradition, teach them that sportsmanship it a big part of that.

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 12:46 PM
  • Agreed, the game is controlled by the coach. Kelly is 4 and 0 because of there varsity playing JV teams. Thats OK, but if they're going to blow they're horn about it every time they win, then I think it's okay to set the facts straight. And by the way, I"m glad to see them joining high school football.

-- Posted by buyer beware on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 1:06 PM
  • At the end of that game, there were players that don't get much playing time playing in spots that they don't normally get to play. Definitely not trying to run up the score. Last year (first year ever, remember) they only won 3 games, and in each of those 3 games the coach had them take a knee at the end of the game. I think in at least 2 of them, they were within just a few yards of scoring and took knees on multiple downs to run out the clock. Give the coaches and kids a break.

-- Posted by netimeneplace on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 1:32 PM
  • I'm not so sure that Kelly is blowing their horn. There may be a few people that like to acknowledge the success of Kelly a superfluous amount, but I think the actual team is humble. No one is saying that they are going to beat Varsity teams...A team has to start somewhere and playing JV teams seems like a logical choice.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 1:33 PM
  • What goes around comes around....

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 1:34 PM
  • Sounds like you are glad they are joining high school football as long as they didnt beat your team. Yes these boys are gonna get excited if they win. Big deal. The saying "act like you have been there before" does not apply because they havent been there. Its a program just trying to get their feet wet, they have to start somewhere. They will take their lumps next year when they go to a varsity schedule. And if someone like ilikethehawks gets on here and wants to brag about it, so what? The community is just as excited as the kids are.

-- Posted by trout on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 1:56 PM
  • Amen, trout. Well said.

-- Posted by netimeneplace on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 2:05 PM

I'd like to see them in some conference here in Semo. I think the SEMO South will be perfect for them. I think the Central and North Conferences are to big for them right now.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 2:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: