Semoball

High School Football Forum: Caruthersville and Malden

Posted by Steve88 on Sun, Nov 3, 2013, at 6:36 PM:

What's y'all take on this game

Replies (6)

• C'Ville by 28

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sun, Nov 3, 2013, at 7:25 PM

Cville needs to focus on St.Pius and Malden, Scott City. Both teams can't afford to look ahead.

Saying that, IF these two were to play again, I'd say Caruthersville wins by a little more than they did in the first meeting. They are playing much better now, than they were early in the season(which they tend to do this time of year)

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Nov 3, 2013, at 7:43 PM
  • I believe Caruthersville will win by 3 TD's. Next season will be Malden's best chance at a district championship. No offense, Cheesehead, but I think that Caruthersville will not be as dominant next season as they've been the last decade. The Tigers are losing a lot of really good players to graduation this year.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Nov 3, 2013, at 8:11 PM

Preacher the Tigers lose impact players every year and still continue to strive in SEMO, they lost Jay Stricklin, the Pittman bro's, Hunter Dickey, Steve Rodgers and that right there was the core of our defense. Guess who filled those roles this year.

Rodrick Jones Sophomore

Peyton Faulkner Sophomore

Thomas Young Sophomore

Hunter Trevathan Junior

We will return everyone on the offensive line with the exception of Joey Middleton and Grant Marshall. Sure Monroe and Grissom will be gone but Grissom started young just like the next guy in line. To me I see nothing but this Tiger team improving year after year we have 3 stud Freshmen this year that will do nothing but get better since they already get considerable playing time. I will say after next year though our OL/DL will see a drop off with the graduation of Malik Monroe, Landon Stricklin, Tyler Quertermous, Trevonne Leatherwood. Word in the stands is that our 8th grade OL/DL averages well over 200 lbs and they are a great group of kids that work hard every day. Rodrick Jones proved that he is more than capable of filling Darrell's shoes at the RB position and we will likely have 3 young guys competing for the QB position during the start of camp next year. Losing Monroe and Grissom will be tough but I still say the Tigers are in a class of their own in Class 2 in SEMO until someone knocks them off.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sun, Nov 3, 2013, at 10:35 PM

Beef hit the nail on the head!

I'd like to throw in this though. Class 2 next year as a whole, will not be near as strong as this year. Liberty will be losing the majority of their starters. Lamar has a ton of Seniors as well. Next year will be wide open in Class 2 IMO.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 9:12 AM
  • Caruthersville will still be very good I agree, but I don't think they will be as dominant. In addition to Monroe and Grissom, impact guys like Jamal Johnson and Colt Callens will graduate as well. Malden loses only 5 or 6 seniors and none of them are impact losses except for Gunner Jones who was hurt the last half of the season. So since Malden brings back virtually their whole team, I think they have their best shot next season at a district championship. But like Beef said, until someone knocks them off, they are still the reigning kings of Class 2 in SEMO.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 11:31 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: