Semoball

High School Football Forum: Perryville Boys Soccer Heading To Quarterfinals!

Posted by deckerd31 on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 7:28 PM:

Perryville is leading Desoto 6-0 late in their sectional game. They will play Saturday in their 1st quarterfinal appearance in program history! Good luck to the boys on the quest to reach the final four!

Replies (30)

• Desoto won a district! They're horrible.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 7:31 PM
  • Yah i think their record was like 6-16 haha.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 9:01 PM

District 1 was light years better than District 2 this year. Congrats to Perryville and good luck against St. Mary's on Saturday.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 10:34 PM
  • And 2 of those wins were n district. I wouldn't be bragging at all. Central and Jackson play the men's sport at home Saturday. Lets go SEMO area FOOTBALL.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 10:35 PM

Going fishing, bulletman? There are plenty of forums specific to playoff football.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 10:41 PM
  • I would rather go fishing than spend an 1 1/2 hours of watching soccer. Still nothing to brag about beating desoto. They r awful!

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 11:18 PM
  • Lemme channel my inner DBag here : One had to say, Perryville is solid in every fall sport, except the only one anybody cares about

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 2:13 AM

The only one that is played all over the world and is more popular than any other sport...

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 8:12 AM
  • Shows you how easy the sport is when Perryville can play and be good at it.

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 8:25 AM
  • Spoken like a person who has never played the sport.

-- Posted by hawk9stay on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 9:37 AM
  • Maybe the football team needs the futbol players

-- Posted by hawk9stay on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 9:38 AM
  • Thats why America was founded, so we could invent sports other than soccer haha!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 9:53 AM
  • Id kick my own tail if I ever thought about playing soccer. You can't really justify wanting to play or think its a serious sport

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 10:02 AM
  • Looks like hawk never played REAL football. Reid Lucas would have fun introducing you! Haha!

Perryville wasn't good when they had the soccer players on the football team.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 10:14 AM
  • I think they were pretty good in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 10:40 AM

The soccer vs football issues have been addressed before. If you are willing to read, here it is:

http://semoball.com/forums/highschoolfootball/thread/5413

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 10:53 AM
  • Soccer is simply the sanctuary of Grass Fairies. Soccer hurt band programs far more than it did the football programs across America. Enough said.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 12:58 PM
  • Looks like Caniplay pretty much summed it up for you yah-yah. Whats the point of getting owned again?

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 1:17 PM

Wow, reading comprehension is not your strong suit, ken. This is my last comment on this thread. The lack of intelligent responses makes it pointless - people who name-call and bash things are the same people who can't come up with a logical argument.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 1:30 PM
  • Meow yah-yah!

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 3:54 PM
  • I'm not a soccer fan myself, but I have a hard time understanding the hatred for it that some posters express.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 5:14 PM
  • Only soccer players get hurt after celebrating a score. If you wanna do cartwheels, be a cheer leader. Well, actually, is there a difference?

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 6:16 PM
  • Thanks for making my point for me Perrywinkle.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 6:26 PM
  • totally agree with yahyah! no respect for the game

-- Posted by soccerguy22 on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 7:01 PM
  • Football player don't get hurt celebrating? Like when gramatica blew his knee out celebrating a field goal for Arizona ? Oh wait kickers aren't real football players. And yes perrywinkle I played football.and soccer and b ball, baseball..love em all . just funny when footballers dis soccer .

-- Posted by hawk9stay on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 8:19 PM
  • No reason for me to respond to all the comments, but a "congratulations" or "way to represent Semo" would be appropriate for high school kids representing a school and community. If I'm not mistaken, Perryville did not choose to play Desoto (MShsaa puts out the bracket) and they went through a district that included Notre Dame, cape central, sikeston, and Farmington. Those 4 teams most likely would have won district 2. So as you all bash sport that takes quite a bit of skill (many would argue more than good ole American football) and try to drag Perryville High school through the mud, our boys will try to earn a berth in the Final 4. On another note,Good luck to Jackson and Cape football teams, as well as the Valle warriors, Caruthersville and Park hills!

-- Posted by deckerd31 on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 9:16 PM
  • Preacher man, I have learned that you seem to be very knowledgeable of high school sports and post positive comments. I appreciate that. True sports fan appreciate any high school sport or activity, whether its tennis or football. The athletes that represent their respective schools put hours and hours into their activity. Heck, I bet many bands practice more than a lot of football teams. No need to bash kids for being involved in something and staying out of trouble.

-- Posted by deckerd31 on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 9:25 PM
  • Thanks for the kind words deckerd31, I appreciate it. I agree with your post 100%. Good luck to the Perryville soccer team!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 9:37 PM
  • There's a few kids that play all sorts of sports at plenty of schools get in trouble with the law. Especially those party boys on Perryville's football team. I would assume the culture hasn't changed knowing the last names of many perryville players very well.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Wed, Nov 13, 2013, at 10:28 PM
  • Foozball is the devil, as Momma would say.

-- Posted by The Legend on Thu, Nov 14, 2013, at 12:57 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: