Semoball

High School Football Forum: Rafe Peavey

Posted by crackerjack on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 4:52 PM:

Watching under armour all star game. QB from Bolivar, Mo just had a great drive. Going to Arkansas. Anybody know why he didn't choose mizzou? This might be a sideline question. Name is Rafe Peavey.

Replies (32)

He didn't go to mizzou is because his family is all Arky people. Bolivar right by the border and is closer to Fayetteville than Columbia.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 5:17 PM
  • Thanks Bunk.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 5:22 PM
  • Bolivar is "not" right by the border, and is actually closer to Columbia.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 6:52 PM

I was under the assumption that bolivar is in southwest Missouri

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 7:15 PM
  • It's 30 miles from Springfield, 150 miles from Columbia...I'm going to say southwest Missouri wins out on this one.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 7:20 PM
  • But yes, it is closer to Columbia than Fayetteville.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 7:23 PM

It's a 30 mile difference. Point being that it's disputed territory with a lot of Arkansas fans and families in it. He came from an Arkansas family

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 7:53 PM

Just because your from Missouri doesnt mean Mizzou is the right school for you. There might have been 15 different factors that went into this kids decision. Why do kids from Illinois or Texas come to Mizzou when they could go to Illinois or Texas A&M.

-- Posted by thunderstick on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 7:57 PM

From what I understand he has never seriously considered going anywhere but Arkansas outside of early last summer when he took some visits as a sorta statement to coach Bert

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 8:09 PM
  • I've no problem with any kid going where he wants to, just wanted to clarify, being closer to Fayetteville could not be considered the reason. I never felt Tyler Hansbrough should be "obligated" to go to Mizzou either..... would have been "sweet" (for Mizzou) though! Hard to argue he might decision for him!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 8:27 PM
  • According to the map app on my phone, it is 3 miles farther from Bolivar to Fayetteville than Bolivar to Columbia.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 8:59 PM
  • -- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:10 PM
  • 175 to Columbia, 147 to Fayetteville on Google.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • Hm, Larryy Doby, great Humphrey Bogart film; but, the point?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:20 PM

arguing over which town was closer...what about the strawberries.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:30 PM

Plus I had just watched SEMO under perform so I was in foul mood.

It made me feel better.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:31 PM
  • I watched it too, Larry. Too much foul trouble...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:53 PM
  • I take it SEMO lost at Murray State? What was the score?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:55 PM
  • I'm beginning to think D. Nutt may be the problem.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 9:59 PM

No way you don't say. Not anyone from the famous coaching Nutt family.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 10:12 PM

Tough tough loss.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 10:23 PM

Most teams loose because of a lack of Nutt's Semo loses because they have too many Nutt's. What a real head scratcher.....

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 11:47 PM

I actually think that Lucas is a good player and contributes a lot( I haven't watched enough SEMO to know if he is a starting college PG but he can hit a jumper and his free throws). Problem with Nutt is he can't really recruit and he isn't a strong enough Xs and Os guy that he can make it past that. Look at this year's team the strongest SEMO has had in a few years. Jarkius is a beast and when Johnson and Stone have their heads on straight that is a heck of 1,2,3 punch of size. Cleveland has potential but outside of those three and maybe Nutt there is no one on the team ready or able to consistently produce in college basketball. Think if this team was mentally prepared and had a set strategy every night how much they would be able to accomplish in the OVC.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 11:55 PM

I agree Nutt isn't terrible, but if his name was Lucas Smith from Thebes, Ill he would not be the starting point guard from this team if he had the exact same skill set. I think they do have some talent, just don't see them beating Murray or Belmont

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 11:58 PM
  • he can obviously recruit. He has the top or 2nd most talented team in the OVC. He just can't coach.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 9:52 AM
  • Mizzou has Maty Mauk............this kid doesn't want to go there,he will never play.

-- Posted by PManning_is$$$$$ on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 10:11 AM

Fall So Hard I'm not sold on his recruiting because he basically lucked into Stone because of discipline problems and brought in Bradley who is his cousin. His recruiting us vastly overrated.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:39 AM
  • Stone was coming to SEMO up until mizzou offered. He got Niņo 4 star, Wilkerson 3 star who transferred, Langford 4 star, Cleveland looks like a really good diamond in the rough, JJ Thompson, CJ Reese was a 2-3 star depending where you look. He gets players, doesn't know how to use them.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:43 AM

I doubt mauk had much of an influence on peavy's decision because he had been locked up way before the season started. I wouldn't worry about Mizzou is lined for two highly rated QBs for the next class anyway

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:45 AM
  • Mizzou was never in the picture.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 12:55 PM
  • I see where Mizzou has a 3 star qb coming from Jacksonville, FL but can't find anything on the second. Looks like they are also in the running for Dominique Booth, 4 star recruit out of Indiana. That would be a nice signing.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 2:10 PM

Yeah I think it's a space issue for Booth. Zanders is our QB despite the fact he is flirting with Florida all of a sudden word is that Mizzou MIGHT be on a QB committed to Penn State who is decommitting now that O'Brien has left. Big thing is that we had to QBs in last years class and are trying to Lock and Delton for next year

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 2:42 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: