Semoball

High School Football Forum: Park Hills Central vs Jefferson R-7

Posted by hardwork on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 10:06 AM:

Who wins? Thoughts?

Replies (57)

• I would hope PH does because Jefferson isn't real good

-- Posted by hb1025 on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 10:22 AM
  • Thats like asking hey whats better drinking ice cold bud light or drinking out of a puddle of mud.

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 11:02 AM
  • Jefferson is a 3rd year program with a new HC. I'm just happy they're playing a tough schedule, should help come district time.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 11:07 AM
  • I wasn't sure how good they were. I heard they won several games last year.

-- Posted by hardwork on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 11:31 AM
  • The Rebels should roll this week.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 11:38 AM
  • Yea, likely a roll week. Although if we decide to turn the ball over 4 times inside the 5 again, the rebels may only win by 3 scores.

-- Posted by Kzar on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 2:48 PM
  • They played a really soft schedule last year and won 5 or 6 games.Once they started playing better teams like Pius or Valle they lost.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 6:36 PM
  • Green & blue no one from Park Hills was dogging Jefferson. Just asking about them.

-- Posted by hardwork on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 9:50 PM
  • PHC is fast becoming the elite Class 3 team in the area. Is Jefferson good enough to beat them now? No, I don't think so. But for a start up I have to say they seem to be doing things right up there.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 10:47 PM
  • Green and blue what have u won yourself?? Keyboard wars your not even good at that. You yourself don't win anything that matters either the boys do and decid on a school or let me guess ur blue when they win and green when they do just because you live in a town that has two very good elite programs doesn't mean you have had anything to do with it. I've sit and watched u look for anything to bash park hills about how about giving them credit for one time and I played during that time being very bad because everyone only played baseball because they thought they were pro to turning into a respectable football school. No I didn't say elite and I won't say they have st gens tradition yet but the kids and the coaches are working on that. I thought this was a board about high school kids?? Some of u have no life. This isn't Topix where u talk about people and hide behind a name. My son is a junior at phc and I'm proud of the work they put in. Let me guess bg if a topic is not your it's stupid. Now throw out a private school comment, no one cares!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 10:58 PM
  • Sorry bg that was supposed to be gb didn't mean to put bg.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 11:00 PM
  • Not to interject, but pretty sure Kzar is from PH and saying your team can turn The ball over 4 times and win by 21 points seems to me like it was dogging. Carry on

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 12:02 AM
  • And I'm sure there are people from your town bill that post things you disagree with. I've seen Jefferson ans they have a good big running back and a good qb and we will have to play to win. Where I think we will win is in their secondary, they are very young and inexperienced. And I by no means ment to imply that you can't voice your opinion about teams but it's obvious one gentleman and I use that loosely enjoys coming on here bashing people and towns. He don't care who he attacks, he attacked bleed green who is from his own town. Even though I m from phc enjoy reading bgs comments. I don't take them personal, I see another person who is passionate about his team. There is a difference and it's for each to decide but from the forum where he attacked bg I think a lot already have.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 1:20 AM
  • Oh ffs can't even joke on here anymore without people getting all butt hurt.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 8:47 AM
  • pj1972,

First off, how did you see Jefferson play this year? They played Friday night just like your Rebels did. And we all know you didn't miss that game cause your son is a junior and you're proud of the work they put in.

Second off, the game will not be won or lost in the secondary. What comes first, play at the line or play in the secondary? If Jefferson's back is good, from what I've heard he is, then I believe it'll come down to the line play. Because clearly the Rebels had a lot of trouble containing the run last week. It's going to come down to line

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 9:46 AM
  • Why is it every time pj1972 posts it is a small novel with terrible grammar?

PJ, you post about winning something that matters. When has Park Hills won a State Title? When have they even played for one? Yeah District Championships are nice, but let's be real, Class 3, especially on the East side of the state is not exactly murderers row.

And why exactly is Park Hills even playing Jefferson? A 3rd year Class 2 program. If Park Hills is such a "football school" why are they scheduling inferior teams and then bragging on message boards about how bad they're going to beat them? Shows a lack of class in the community if you ask me.

Another thing to remember, it only takes a few classes with mediocre talent to take you from the top of the hill to the garbage heap, especially if you're in a smaller classification. Ask some of your neighbors in Farmington and North County what it's like when the talent cycles down. You won't be mouthing as much then.

Park Hills is building something potentially special, don't want you to think I'm dogging the kids or the staff. It's impressive what they've done the past decade or so. It would do some of the fans good to remember what you were, and how quickly you could be back to the bottom.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 11:13 AM
  • Exactly! Once Park Hills wins a championship, then we can talk. Until then, just be proud of what you guys have now because it could all be gone in a year or two if your heads stay where they are now.

And I don't want to hear the excuse, "Oh we always run into a private school who recruits." Get out of here with that. Your lame attempt last fall to try and sway the state in dividing private and public was laughed at. Grow up and just play the game.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 11:56 AM
  • I never laugh at the private school advantage. It's real!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 12:17 PM
  • PHC is not bragging. As bad as we use to be, you can't knock our fans for being proud of their team, when they get their program going well. As far as picking up Jefferson, we had to replace Maplewood, who left our conference. You don't always get who you want when you have to fill a spot and everybody has their schedules pretty set. We did try to get Valle but they chose to play Potosi.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 12:33 PM
  • Saying "maybe they'll have a chance if we fumble the ball away 4 or 5 times" is bragging, not to mention highly disrespectful.

You do realize Jefferson's new coach has actually taken a team to the Class 3 State Championship right? Are they going to beat PHC? No, it's unlikely, but that doesn't excuse the blatant disrespect and lack if class shown by PHC posters on here.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 1:42 PM
  • If it is real, then why hasn't the state done anything about it?

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 1:42 PM
  • It was one Park Hills poster not all them. Please don't lump us together.

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 2:00 PM

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 2:01 PM

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 2:01 PM
  • Boogin, the disrespect shown by some fans should not reflect on all of us PHC fans. Unfortunately every team has the braggers and boasters once a team starts being successful. I can promise you that our boys are not taking Jefferson lightly, and we all expect a good game this Friday.

-- Posted by HM345 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 2:03 PM
  • PHC by 21+

-- Posted by Gus_Belenski on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 3:12 PM
  • Hey squeak as a matter of fact I did in the north county jamboree and yes if u saw our game which I'm sure u didn't the secondary will play a big part and I quite sure u yourself have never won anything either as I never said I had. And I don't think I bragged about anything actually I said what u said we were once horrible but doing better, never said we were better then anyone even think I said we have a ways to go to have a tradition. Wasn't sure with all the childish crap coming out of your mouth booger I mean boggin 77 which is probably ur iq this board was an English test I do it from my phone because I HAVE a life! Any time you or squeak or gb would like to get together to talk football let me know. I in no way said our boys were better then anyone and not playing Jefferson? Guess if everyone felt that way Jefferson wouldn't have a schedule!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 8:57 PM
  • And I also said Jefferson looked like they had a good team and with coach Aubouchon up there they will be ready. If u looked at my post at all you would see I didn't agree with kzar. Not sure who that is but it isn't anyone that was at phc when we were the basement team. My post was dealing with disrespect shown to any team that works their butts off just to make their team look good.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 9:03 PM
  • I also post from my phone. Amazingly I can take the time to do little things like punctuate...not form run on sentences or fragments...you know, grammar 101.

Please, tell me what did I say that was "childish" be specific please.

You keep calling people out for never having won anything. Who are you, and how do you know what others on here have or haven't won?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 9:46 PM
  • My point exactly who are you and where did I say phc was better then anyone. Unless your a player posting on here then your not winning anything. Don't think I'm the one calling anyone out, as a matter of fact that's the only reason I posted, because one individual and it wasn't you because of their appreciation for their team was calling out another team. I don't and don't teach my son to take anyone lightly the difference between good and real good in high school is how hard you work. You said I said a lot of things that were never said. I admit because I played during that time central was very bad at one time but that doesn't make it right for people to have a problem with our community being proud of the direction we are headed. I normally don't post anything on here and almost all are civil and in good fun but when one comes on and looks to attack people where is the fun there. By the way before you jump to conclusions that person wasn't you. If your gonna say I'm boasting about something unjust at least be able to back it up. It's high school we could get beat this week and it wouldn't surprise me because they are teenagers. I will continue to be proud of where we are headed not were we have been and for the record it was very poor taste for our board to pull the private school card, they put their clothes on the same way our kids do. If you don't like losing to them get better! Go PHC!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 10:25 PM
  • Omg, shut up. TLDR!

-- Posted by Shortbus on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 12:50 AM
  • I was 0-10 when I played for Central. You guys are way too serious about this.

-- Posted by Kzar on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 12:53 AM
  • If you guys lose to Jefferson, your program is going anywhere but backwards.

-- Posted by Squeak on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 1:40 AM
  • Oh, and you saw them in a jamboree. So you saw maybe 20 defensive plays from their number 1 offense and half of those were probably runs. So you saw 10 passing plays to be able to tell they are weak in the secondary. I believe NFL Live is on ESPN at 3 pm. Not here on a semoball forum.

-- Posted by Squeak on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 1:43 AM
  • Isn't** going anywhere but backwards.

Sorry, posting this from my phone! Ha

-- Posted by Squeak on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 2:09 AM
  • @pj1972 there alot of self proclaimed experts on here and they all jump on you if you say something good or your proud of your team and its not part of their group! Don't sweat it! Say what you want! Be proud of your school! (Wouldn't talk about ur kid tho) who cares it's a free Internet site brought to you by semoball! Everyone hides behind a screen name! From my work (that is a job I go to for my money, I wonder if everyone on here has one as they post all day long) alot of schools just quit posting on here because of the "experts"! I could care less and so should everyone else! IMO just don't talk about a highschooler! Many of the experts do every time they say "that team is horrible, they only have 1 player, they can't beat anyone!" As I hope everyone on here is an adult ! The kids read it! So if you want to blast me, I'm a big boy and can take it! But for ANY highschool kid that goes thru summer practice and everything else involved with football! They don't deserve it! Best of luck to all!

-- Posted by Hatershate on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 8:44 PM
  • So it's ok to blast Jefferson? Noted...

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 9:59 PM
  • Oh it don't bother me thanks. As a matter of fact I would love to meet either of these people and talk Football. But from the crap they post I'd be lucky to ever know their real name. Hater I agree and that's the only reason I posted. Because if any highschooler is good enough to put the work in and go through it we shouldn't bash them. Boggin put a spin on that as you always seem to do. Don't think hater said a thing about Jefferson. By the way so I'm not hiding behind a phony name my name is Paul Johnson, born and raised in park hills through the good and bad.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 10:35 PM
  • Just because people use screen names it does not follow they are cowards. Stick to the issue and don't make it personal.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Aug 27, 2014, at 10:40 PM
  • Of course it's ok to blast Jefferson. This is the Internet and an open hs football forum. It's not like anyone is calling out a particular kid. Boogie is probably one of those guys that thinks everyone should get participation ribbons an should call every game a tie. I'm a sg fan, I think the rebels are way over rated and hope they get beat this week. I also think my team is as bad as I've seen them over the past 6 seasons.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 5:46 PM
  • I see why your name is shortbus.

-- Posted by hardwork on Thu, Aug 28, 2014, at 9:03 PM
  • Bleed,

Bad thing about small towns, you never truly escape your past. All you can do is continue to move forward living life the way you know is right. There will always be haters, that's the nature of things.

Keep that leaf turned over brother.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 11:35 AM
  • PHC 55-7 over Jefferson R-7

-- Posted by hardwork on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:51 PM
  • Guess PHC didn't fumble 4 or 5 times...

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Fri, Aug 29, 2014, at 10:58 PM

Green & blue I read this whole thing till I seen the comments I won more then phc ever has and that they were a gimme for us... those times are over bud. There's a whole life outside of that old letterman jacket you sleep in

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 1:08 PM

Yeah I def come on semoball to practice my reading you reunion superstar

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 1:03 PM
  • Question for anyone who was at the game or knows, Is R7's new coach sticking with the same offense(Straight/Winged T) or did he bring in something new in?

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 4:21 PM
  • Jefferson's coach is running a multiple spread offense.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 7:57 PM
  • Bill, split back and some undercenter 1 back last week.

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 9:03 PM
  • Split veer for the most part.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • Thanks guys, just curious how that change over was going.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Wed, Sep 3, 2014, at 11:14 AM
  • Living in SG is better?

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Sep 3, 2014, at 11:52 AM
  • I could live anywhere with a hot wife

-- Posted by hb1025 on Wed, Sep 3, 2014, at 5:33 PM
  • It's obvious he doesn't live in park hills, shoot he must have a million trophies can't fit that here. Last time I looked you don't have anything to brag about. Great people in both towns. The Baslers are some of the best athletes in the area and they have a lot of humility. Great people. And bleed I know you guys are hurt but it doesn't matter to us you guys have years of tradition and if we don't come to play it will be along night. Unlike others I love playing st gen, they do thing's right and that makes our team step up their game.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Wed, Sep 3, 2014, at 9:29 PM
  • Ever notice how people who were great athletes never have to remind people and the ones who weren't are always reminding people how great they use to be?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Thu, Sep 4, 2014, at 10:49 AM
  • I'm still wondering why this thread is still going. This game was a week ago. If he sucked who cares, if you have a problem with him who cares, if you were better than him who cares. Start a different thread about old high school sports. Rant over.

-- Posted by Observer24 on Thu, Sep 4, 2014, at 11:01 AM
  • Yea that guy prolly sucked too. He did a lot of observing from the sidelines I think.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Thu, Sep 4, 2014, at 3:55 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: