Semoball

High School Football Forum: Jackson @ Cape

Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:01 PM:

Who will win? Cape is coming off a loss @ Ladue while the Indians defeated Poplar Bluff. Will Jackson continue it's Perfect Season or will Cape stun the Indians? Jackson will win in my opinion. The jungle will be electric Friday Night as these two rivals crash on the turf. What are your thoughts?

Replies (118)

• Cape wins in a close one. Both teams play very different on the road and at home.

-- Posted by CTFan on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:44 PM

This should be SEMO Game of the Year

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:47 PM
  • CTfan if you think it will be close then why did u say 62-0 ?? That gave me a laugh. You're very optimistic. I listened to the Ladue game. I haven't seen Jackson play this year but if they stop Al like Ladue did and it sounded like they had Peyton flustered it could go the same way. But Ladue had some awesome plays the 2nd half. I picked Jackson but really will have no clue since I haven't seen Jackson.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:50 PM
  • CTfan if you think it will be close then why did u say 62-0 ?? That gave me a laugh. You're very optimistic. I listened to the Ladue game. I haven't seen Jackson play this year but if they stop Al like Ladue did and it sounded like they had Peyton flustered it could go the same way. But Ladue had some awesome plays the 2nd half. I picked Jackson but really will have no clue since I haven't seen Jackson.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:50 PM
  • Have no clue why it posted twice

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:51 PM

So CTFan, what made you come up with that score? Haha

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:52 PM
  • Haha got to give the boys some confidence. It's obviously not going to be that score. Cape has played a TON better at home than away. You can make the same argument for Jackson. I just hope for a close game! Also, I heard Al had some injury problems on Saturday. Hopefully he's 100% by Friday.

-- Posted by CTFan on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:59 PM

I feel ya! I would love to watch the game but Sikeston has a home game so I'll be there. I would like to see the Jackson-Cape go into overtime

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 1:02 PM
  • this will be one heck of a game

-- Posted by SEMO1997 on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 10:45 PM
  • part of me says cap central will win but i am sticking with jackson

-- Posted by SEMO1997 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 8:03 AM
  • My son wants me to miss his game and go to this one. Lol! Which I won't do plan on reading it on here live I'm sure it will be interesting. Even have hand signals worked out for my son on who is winning if he looks up there from sidelines. See everyone is interested in this game and I'm saying Jackson but u never know.?

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 9:53 AM

I will do the same since I'll be at SHS tonight also.

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:23 AM
  • Jackson by atleast two touchdowns!

-- Posted by JTown2001 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:57 AM
  • Ha! Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! Cape Central wins. Welcome to class 4 Jackson!! LOL!

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 9:33 PM
  • All credit to Cape. They earned the win tonight. Outplayed Jackson in everyway.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 9:45 PM

Whoa?! Good job CT. I admit, I am surprised.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:00 PM
  • Way to go Cape! Way to represent!!

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • who said u can beat tgers,hugh back at u jackson indians,waitin for excuses now,

-- Posted by chs79 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:20 PM

I know this is a strange observation but JAckson was wearing white helmets this week. Question: What must it be like to have to get used to a new helmet in the middle of the season? That may have been half the battle for Jackson because new helmets can be a female dog to get used to.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:20 PM
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAY TO GO TIGERS!

-- Posted by CTFan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:24 PM

NMCC was wearing new helmets tonight.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:25 PM
  • Way to play Cape Tigers!!! Shut that class 5 number 2 team in state Jackson! YEEYEE!!! #CapeAlumni

-- Posted by Plain J on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:27 PM
  • i don't think the helmets was the problem,just got out played and out muscled.

-- Posted by chs79 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:38 PM
  • Sounds like Centrals defense came to play tonight!

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:50 PM

Cape definitely came to play! Surprised a lot of folks.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:05 PM
  • Congrats to Cape! That was a truly impressive win!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:21 PM
  • Oh man, congratulations on a great win. Us west-siders didn't see this one coming. It's really good to see some good representation from the class four ranks. Good luck the rest of the way.

-- Posted by csnandy on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:55 PM

That was indeed a good win for Cape. Maybe y'all made Jackson weak for next week. (They play Sikeston) we sure need it! Haha

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 7:37 AM

Hey Buck, I'm a huge helmet fan mind if I asked what NMCC's looked like last night?

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 7:42 AM
  • That is a big haha! I was shocked that Jackson lost but it is a big game and things happen in big games. Supposed to rain here next Friday night maybe they won't want to get dirty. I'm kinda giving up I was totally disappointed with our game. But anyway congrats Cape does give me hope that maybe Jackson doesn't slaughter us as bad as ya did.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 7:48 AM
  • The number 2 class 5 school in the state got beat by a 1A quarterback? Sorry I just couldn't resist.

-- Posted by buyer beware on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:05 AM

I'm just ready for basketball TFA!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:12 AM
  • I decided to sleep over my thoughts of the game last night before posting, and I have done so. Jackson boys did not play their best game, they were too emotional and it had an effect on the outcome. Cape played a good game, but they could have done better. Norman has self-created a tough team. But the conduct by the Central player in the backfield against our #27 (Maudie) was a horrible display of what kind of men Norman is fostering. I will leave the Referees' decisions made last night up to the consciousness of those Refs. I do not know how they will atone for this sin. This is high school football, even games foster young men. My point is, that Central player's conduct should have caused him to be thrown out of the game. But, only after Jx's #27 brought the Central player's conduct to the attention of a Ref, (by struggling to get it seen by any Ref) did a simple penalty get called. That was because the Referees had a focused vision against Jackson...and we Jackson fans don't know why. This does beat a team down and it was an effective tactic that produced a final result. Shame. Shame! But those rejected x-Jackson coaches should stay in Cape and know we Jx Fans will never want them back. That is why they are in Cape. Coach Eckely is more than a great coach. He is a great man raising our young men right who we can be proud of. We are a great Village of people and not a City of people who are for "do what it takes to win". Playing honorable does matter in Jackson. We hope to keep Eckley forever!

-- Posted by JxFan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:10 AM
  • Lol jxfan

-- Posted by Plain J on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:41 AM
  • Jackson should talk to the coaches because one of them should not be coaching anymore. Cussing in front of kids is not ok and telling a central fan meet me after the game is just plain stupid. You guys lost we're better than Jackson this year!

-- Posted by Plain J on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:45 AM
  • Plain J: What, no comment on how perfect the refereeing was last night? I wonder why our Jx coach would suggest to meet a Central player "after" the game? Do tell all!

-- Posted by JxFan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:05 AM
  • Lol thats part of the game. Quite frankly i think Maudie just got upset because he got cracked on the punt return and was more upset because he believed it was a block in the back which clearly wasnt. If these two played again Jackson would get the same kind of game and cape would be more prepared again. And the refs didnt have a "focused vision" against you guys when cape ha more penalties? But thats ok excuses are for the weak.

@JxFan

-- Posted by tigersCHS on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:10 AM
  • Thank you Plain J!! You just proved by point about your Coaches and your town when you say "it's just part of the game" ! It is not! There is a better way to play because intentional bad conduct is not to be used in any game. And we like it that our town can foster good conduct in men who have talent! Not doing so is considered "bad" in Jackson! I hope this point is more clearer for you. Getting the most points doesn't always mean you win the game in High School ball.

Yea, let's play again. Next time, we pick the refs!!

Thank again Plain J for verifying my point! Stay in Cape with your x-Jackson Coaches!

-- Posted by JxFan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:00 PM
  • Sounds like jxfan is a proud mom who's son got waxed

and she's taking up for her baby boy. LOL.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:14 PM
  • That hit on the Punt return is seen in every football game across the nation, and clearly was a good legal crack block. Bulletman you clearly didn't play the sport. Take your lost and move on to Sikeston

-- Posted by CapeTiger4 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:28 PM
  • Capetigers--I was saying it in jest. That's why I put LOL. I actually did play the game in college. You might want to re read what I wrote.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 1:26 PM
  • I have no son on the team or a child in Jackson school system, to clarify! Cape did play a very good physical game and did beat us on getting more points. That is not in dispute. I want to clarify that.

-- Posted by JxFan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 1:51 PM
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! JxFan the reason ur dumb coach freaked out on the fan is because your coach doesn't know the rules of football at all. Because on that onside kick u guys had yes ur player caught the ball but it didnt hit the ground which everyone saw! And ur dumb coach freaked the hell out. why dont you sit down and take the lost!

-- Posted by Plain J on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:11 PM
  • For the record, all officials are assigned by the local association, the SEMO Football Officials Association. The days of the host school selecting the officials is long, long gone. The game assignments for each officiating crew are made before the season begins.

-- Posted by Skeet on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:58 PM
  • Then how am I supposed to know who to pay when we play Jackson? I already have cans out at every store in Sikeston asking for donations.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:03 PM
  • Was that a Jackson coach who after the onside kick started yelling "Bull...t, Bull...t"? I noticed he was wearing a headset so it must have been. Never thought Central would have this many former Jackson coaches but we are pleased to have them. And coach Norman is not fostering dishonorable conduct amongst his players. Quite the opposite.

-- Posted by Scott Horrell on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:17 PM
  • As an independent observer, some of the most recent posts should be embarrassing to those who have turned this into a vehicle by which to offer verbal insults. With regard to the officials, all coaches turn in evaluations to M.S.H.S.A.A. each year, so it would in no way benefit any official to "stick it" to any particular school.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:35 PM
  • Yes Scott it was a Jackson Coach. Very bad for kids to hear that!

-- Posted by Plain J on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:38 PM
  • They hear and say a lot worse then that

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:24 PM
  • Little children shouldn't hear that in the stands

-- Posted by Plain J on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:00 PM
  • What's with Jackson school letting the students dress like thugs and gangsters as a theme?

-- Posted by CapeTiger5 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:13 PM
  • They've done this before

-- Posted by CapeTiger5 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:17 PM
  • Either way we can argue about stuff but CAPE WON ENOUGHSAID!!!!

-- Posted by Plain J on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:25 PM
  • Jackson fan you are truly a sad individual to attack the character of the Central players like that. The game last night was a very physical game that Central flat out won. 319 yards on the ground right at the teeth of your defense. Those young men work hard each and every day and for you to attack them like that is plain old stupid and a disgrace to your city and your team. Have more self respect and discipline and if you are a parent or coach for jackson I feel sorry for your child and or team this is not how you bring up your silly complaints.

-- Posted by CTpride on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 7:07 PM
  • I said it before and ill say it again....get past jacksons linebackers and its open season. Proved last night by a very good team. Cape came ready to play hats off to them. i also admire capes quarterback for scouting Jackson the week before at jackson against bluff. Had Hitt still been jacksons head coach it would have been a very lopsided score with jackson on top

-- Posted by bigobe on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:30 PM
  • JxFan that was the biggest load of horse crap I've heard yet! You are right about one thing, Norman has created a tough team. He is a wonderful coach, he has a great coaching staff and a wonderful group of young men. How dare you question their character because you are bitter that you lost! Both of these teams fought a hard game, and last night the better team won plain and simple. If any character needs to be questioned perhaps it should be of Jackson. What type of young people are you raising that think it's ok to dress like "black" people and wear dreadlocks and face paint?! As a parent I would never allow such behavior from my child, nor would Cape Central or Coach Norman. Spew your lies all you like in the end CT showed class and took the victory formation, and Jackson acted trashy all night.

-- Posted by TigerMomma on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:48 PM
  • Oh, Tiger Momma...some people (apparently not you) think it is unethical to do recruiting in High School! But what does the Cape Football program know about ethics?

-- Posted by JxFan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:17 AM
  • And the "thug" theme was to mock the "thugs" in Cape! Duh! Just like you all dress as hicks! Get it'? Sarcasm? Oh no, you all are only watching the score...not the way the game is played!

-- Posted by JxFan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:23 AM
  • Wow i so believe JxFan has set a new semoball record for number of feet in mouth haha!! You go girl!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:49 AM
  • JxFan shut up. I cannot stand to see you acting like this the game is over and you need to let this go. Do not tell anyone what Cape Central Football knows about ethics. I served as Captain for the past several years of Cape Central football team. I am Scottie Thomas and if you want to know about me look my name up on the search bar here for the website. The coaches on the staff of Cape central are my friends and I know they do all they can to make sure the Guys there succeed and grow to be better men. I can care less about what you have to say about Norman's past or relationships with jackson, but at the end of the day those guys on the team are my friends. You have no right to say anything negative about they period. So let the game go nothing you say here will change what happened yesterday, your mighty jackson team lost. Be like the several thousand other jackson fans that went to the game yesterday and accept the fact that they got outplayed and there's another game this friday.

-- Posted by CTpride on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:01 AM
  • Don't have a dog in the race but I think a good reason the cape coach wouldn't want to coach at Jackson might have to do with Jxfan, if they all act that way after a loss who would want to deal with them. Didn't think we talked about players on here either. Might want to tel Jxfan that to. Who am I kidding like he/she would listen.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:09 AM
  • Sorry one more thing jxfan, fostering good men as u call it is not blaming the officials for a loss, which u are clearly doing. I'm not from either town so this is from a total outsider who didn't see the game. Don't throw rocks when u live in a glass house!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:14 AM
  • Lol oh JxFan, you know for someone who doesn't have a son on the team or a child in the school district you sure are awfully bitter about this loss. Not to mention the fact that your bitterness seems directly focused on Coach Norman, which makes me think it might be a bit more personal. What?! Did someone have a crush on the big football player Nathan in high school and he never looked your way?! Boo Hoo grow up, step out of that glass house you're living in and get a reality check! As for the ethics of recruiting in high school, correct me if I'm wrong but I recall reading an article about YOUR QB not long ago. Of course colleges are going to recruit at the high school level how else do you expect talented players to get to the next level?! FYI these amazing young people that you claim to be raising in Jackson weren't just dressed as "thugs" as you call it, they were wearing dread locks and had their faces painted as if they were "black" and I heard several of them using the N word in reference to our players. Yes, great kids you're raising there. I wonder how this behavior makes the black children in YOUR school feel?! For you to imply that Cape is a bunch of "thugs" is like me to imply that Jackson is nothing but a bunch of stuck up, snobby people who are sore losers. We are thankful for all of our coaching staff because unlike you, we KNOW what values they're instilling in our boys. Need another example?! CT wins, takes victory formation and congrats each other because they are more than a team, they are family. Jackson wins... runs our field and tramples our cheerleaders, while running their mouths to fans in the stand. Now tell me once more about this great Coach Eckley and these amazing, perfect young gentlemen he's making?!

-- Posted by TigerMomma on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:25 AM
  • Wow, if Jackson's student/fans were allowed to dress that way, I feel sorry for the African American student/fan base in Jackson.

-- Posted by highballs on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:33 AM
  • They've dressed that way for basketball also. I'm trying to think who they played but it was at the show me center during that Christmas tournament I was kinda shocked also. I know the fan base dress up for whatever town they play against in basketball but I thought that was a bit extreme. We don't play in that tournament I just happen to go.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:45 AM
  • So the white kids from Jackson were wearing dreadlocks and blackface?

Classy, classy, classy Jackson. That's bad taste on behalf of the town, teachers, administrators, and let's not forget the students who did it and their parents who allowed it.

But what else would one expect from a largely white, largely conservative, populace...

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:48 AM
  • JxFan please refrain from posting on behalf of Jackson! You are an embarrassment to our community and the football community in general! Cape was the better team Friday night and beat us. I'm very proud of what Coach Norman has done with Tiger football. Stop making excuses because when the clock ran out we came up short! The Indians were not on and the Tigers were. We are warriors and will bounce back as the Tigers did after we beat them last year and Ladue did last week! Hope to see both teams represent Cape County well intoe post season! Good luck Tigers keep playing hard and sorry for the crybaby excuse makers!

-- Posted by woodsy owl on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:33 AM
  • Played for Norman in 2011. The guy is focussed more on the success of his kids off the football field than he is on the football field. I am now in college, and have been able to apply what Norman taught me my senior year of high school, and apply it to my work ethic in college. Don't know if I would have made it to college if it weren't for Coach Norman.

-- Posted by CTalum5 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:02 PM
  • Boogin77, you just can't help yourself, can you? You make a good point, then stick your foot in your mouth with this gem: "But what else would one expect from a largely white, largely conservative, populace..."

Combatting prejudice by making stereotypical, prejudicial statements. Brilliant! White + conservative = racist by Boogin's line of thinking! I am both white and conservative and there isn't a racist bone in my body, Boogin. I imagine a lot of people would say the same, whether in Jackson, Cape, or wherever you are from Boogin.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:30 PM
  • I'm sure a lot of people would say that, but actions speak louder than words. That largely white, largely conservative community allowed that to happen, putting on dreads and blackface is RACIST. Plain and simple. The Jackson tolerates, even encourages this behavior. If (as was asserted previously) these students were also dropping N-bombs, there are some Jackson administrators who need to lose their jobs for allowing this type of behavior.

No place in society for this crap. ESPECIALLY not a school.

As for you "not having a racist bone in your body", I never said you did. Which makes me wonder what you're protesting about? Do you condone these students behavior?

What we accept, we promote.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:38 PM
  • It really doesn't matter, conservative, leftist, tea party, democrat or republican, students should never ever be allowed to dress this way at any school function. They shouldn't have even been allowed into the facility with that crap on. They should have been turned away at the gate!

-- Posted by highballs on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:38 PM
  • Of course I don't agree with it. I even said you made a good point about it. But to condemn a whole town because of it is just as wrong. You don't combat prejudice and stereotypes by making other stereotypical statements. That's the point I was trying to get you to see. The only reason any Jackson administrator or teacher should be fired is if they knew about it in advance and approved of it. Don't paint with too broad a brush Boogin.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:58 PM
  • Administrators (at least one) are required to attend games and deal with problem students.

If not one Jackson administrator was at the game, which I find unlikely, there's no way they weren't aware that this was happening. According to other posters, this isn't an unusual thing for Jackson. If they've done it before, and I seem to remember them doing something like this at a basketball game down in Sikeston, and nothing was said about it, no one was disciplined, then that seems to point to the administrators condoning such behavior. Which is NOT ok.

Administration needs to realize the buck WILL stop with them if someone wants to make a stink about it. I know news outlets in the St. Louis area will gladly make a 2 hour drive to cover this racist crap and the lack of control on behalf of the community of Jackson (kids who did it, parents, teachers, administrators who allowed it).

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:11 PM
  • I really don't remember them doing it in Sikeston but I really remember it at the Show Me Center. We played them there last year but if it did happen here I'm thinking I would of noticed and I would hope that it wouldn't be tolerated here but I could be wrong.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:22 PM
  • I want to get this out there too. Jackson is NOT the only school to have done this theme in Southeast Missouri. I've seen Cape Central, Notre Dame, and Sikeston all do this theme. That does not mean it's right, but some schools needs to step up and realize the message they are portraying to the fans and outsiders. However, I don't think the other schools did it to the degree you guys are saying such as the black facepaint, dreads, and use of the N word. I hope this all gets figured out soon.

-- Posted by TheBigBarker on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:24 PM
  • It was a few years ago TFA, I'm thinking 2008, 2009, or 2010.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:25 PM
  • You've seen Sikeston do this? I've seen them dress preppy for Notre Dame, then like country for New Madrid. I think they dress normal in their bums shirt for everyone else and as much as our administrators are on the bums I can't see them doing this so please enlighten me when we've done it. Could be before I started going to games.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:31 PM
  • No, Jackson doing it at a Sikeston game.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:33 PM
  • Sorry Boogin I was talking to Barker

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:38 PM

I agree with TFA as far as I know, we have not dressed "thuggish" I do know Jackson student section did dress thuggish against Sikeston in football last year.

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 2:45 PM
  • Graduated from Central back in 2007, we used to dress preppy when we played ND, thug when we played Sikeston, and hick when we played Jackson, and they dressed thug when we played them. Thats how it always was. It was all in good fun and no one took any offense to it or came crying about it in these forums. You folks need to lighten up a bit and stop worrying about being so politically correct.

-- Posted by central_fan_07 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:07 PM

Yes I'm glad for these student sections getting all these ideas and as long it's just for fun and not trying to make a point or create any trouble.

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:23 PM
  • And if they were saying the N word? That "all in fun" and ok?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:23 PM
  • First off, I hate that there is always some extremist that will ruin a thread with outlandish remarks while everyone else was simply making comments about the game.

Now, I have lived on both sides of the bleachers. I went to Cape then moved to Jackson and that is where I graduated from. As someone who has first-hand experience with both schools and fanbases, I will say they are both loyal and energetic making these Cape/Jackson games some of the most fun around. I now am attending college in Arkansas and was intently listening to the game on Friday night. Sounds like Cape played very well and hopefully will dominate Class 4. Jackson is still a great team and I hope to see them make a deep playoff run as well.

I want to apologize for this "jxfan" because he/she made many obnoxious and offensive comments that I am embarrassed to see in relation to these two great cities.

To address the topic of racism I first say it is a result of stupidity and an uneducated mind. Yes, there are racist in Jackson and yes, there are racist in Cape.. along with every other city in America. As an athlete I've hear everything from the "n word" to "Why aren't you winning? They're white!" Along with a laundry list of other offensive insults. Racism is an awful disease that we are all still moving away from.

As far as gameday fashion choices: No body is guiltess in this argument. I have been apart of "trashy red and black day" where we dressed like "white trash" to play Jackson. I've dressed preppy to play Notre Dame and like a "gangster" against Cape. These same concepts carry over to all platforms and levels of athletics and are simply a unified rift between you and "the other guys". These shouldn't be taken as anything aside from kids being kids and taking underhanded shots at their opponents. However, if there are the actual underlying effects of racism/discrimination involved then the student body and administrators should come together to find something that is funny and appropriate.

Sorry for how incredibly long this is. I just rarely post and sometimes have to spill all my thoughts into one long post.

-- Posted by semo501 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:26 PM
  • Maybe we aren't being politically correct maybe we were truly offended, did u ever think of that?

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:35 PM
  • SEMO I wasn't saying that to you. And to tell you the truth I think it's silly to dress anyway from being preppy to being thuggish. I understand them being school kids and it's just to make fun of the other towns. But as an adult sometimes I'm embarrassed to have our kids portray that. Guess I'm old and forgot what it was like.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:41 PM
  • Anyway this thread sure was high jacked. I didn't start it but I contributed to it. Sorry about that I will stop now and watch Jaws!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:43 PM
  • Another outsiders opinion....

At first glance, I thought the dressing as "thugs" thing was racist by Jackson kids. But if Cape kids dressed as "hicks" on previous occasions, well you can't have it both ways.

Next, for JxFan - I don't like seeing any 17 or 18 yr. old kid called out anonomously on a public forum, and think anyone who does so is a coward.If you're such a big man, sign your name.

Blaming the refs is nothing but a sore loser.

And from an outsider who lived in the area for 9 years, Jackson fans can be arrogant. Congratulations Cape Central!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:16 PM

Agree we should just talk about the upcoming games than the past games

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:26 PM

Bogey Man, one of the young ladies from Jackson came home and told her mother that several of the Jackson kids wanted to dress as the KKK. I'm glad they chose something different.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:35 PM

That is just going way too far. If anyone dressed as a KKK member they should be suspended

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:51 PM

My opinion****

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:52 PM

Apparently, they opted to be thugs and gangsters which neither choice was great.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:59 PM
  • Nobody was going to dress like the kkk! This rumor spreading needs to stop! The J-crew planned on wearing all white just like the football team but were told they couldn't by the administration because of this exact reason! Administration thought they would be accused of looking like the kkk which there was no intention by the jcrew of doing! The gangster theme was all in fun just like Cape kids coming to Jackson looking like hicks, farmers and white trash and calling us inbred rednecks! Believe me it was much more heated 20-30 years ago! These are all good kids on both side and they are much closer friends now than back in the day! Good luck to both team on the rest of their seasons! As for everyone else lets look forward to the games this week and stop bashing kids and each other and start showing some respect so these kids have some good examples to follow.

-- Posted by woodsy owl on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:40 PM

Woodsy, that's NOT a rumor. It came from one of the kids who were there when the conversation took place. I see why Jackson administration would love for it to "go away" because it was a bad idea. All I'm saying is that it's a good thing the admin stepped in to stop it.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:46 PM
  • Lets get back to football. It seems like some look for more things to worry about than what need be. Im sure all these schools have the decency to handle their students. I my self watched a great game with awesome atmosphere. Jackson got beat plain and simple nobody to blame but themselves. I mean seriously when someone burns you 3 times on 4th down faked punts you deserve to get beat. Give Cape credit they were well prepared and spotted Jacksons weak spots. They did something everyone else has not done they stayed with the running game. Jackson does not have great size why not keep pounding away something Norman learned years ago. Just my thoughts

-- Posted by objective fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 6:35 PM

What are some key games this week? Heard Malden is playing Dexter. Jackson vs Sikeston. Any others?

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:16 PM

Actually SHS, Dexter plays NMCC this week. It's just the Malden-Dexter game is already being hyped up haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:18 PM
  • If some kids wanted to dress as KKK that's just idiotic!

But that doesn't define what Jackson is about!!

Our Quarterback, the best in the area, is black and beloved by all our students!!

Sad that people can go so quickly to that type of statement.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:24 PM
  • Sorry. I know I changed it back to an unfortunate topic but that is not what that game was about, and shouldn't be what high school sports is about.

Cape won because they were better prepared and more physical.

Congrats to them and best of luck to both teams the rest of the year.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:30 PM
  • Who does Cape play this next week?

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:30 AM
  • They play Farmington semo501.

-- Posted by TheBigBarker on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:39 AM
  • Hey Bum I'm really thinking Jackson vs Sikeston isn't a key game this week. Pretty sure we both know the outcome of that one. I'd like to be surprised but I'm kinda sure I wont be.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:11 AM

Didn't say it was TFA. Just giving games out that I knew of the week

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:42 AM

Unless Jackson has it's 3rd string in! Then it would be a key game haha!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:43 AM
  • Jackson has a lot more blacks and mixed kids in their schools now, so you'd think out of respect for them they'd choose a different theme

-- Posted by CapeTiger5 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:08 AM
  • I will give us at least 2nd string. Always hopeful

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:09 AM
  • I just started posting here a couple days ago, after reading anonymously for years. People have been really getting out of hand over the past couple of seasons. Sheesh.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:38 AM
  • A lot of bitter losers on this thread!

-- Posted by Fruit Hoops on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:16 AM
  • I went to the game and from what I saw, it looked like Jackson was not fired up for this game. I don't think Coach Eckley did a very good job at preparing for this rivalry. Most people know that "usually" it's a vey close game and any team can win. Congrats to Cape, they played with a lot if heart and reminded me of old Jackson smash mouth football.

-- Posted by JHS91 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:09 AM
  • cape central proved me wrong. good win for them.

-- Posted by SEMO1997 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:24 AM

Jackson is stunned by Cape........

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:06 PM

After reading the things that some of the fans did, and seeing the things that some of the Jackson players (well known players) have put on twitter today, I am rapidly losing respect for that team.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:48 PM
  • Yeah Buck, I've lost a lot of respect for jackson and some of there players after reading those tweets. It's really sad and disappointing to read these tweets

-- Posted by TheBigBarker on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:12 PM

Very sad and disappointing. And for players and fans on both sides. I feel bad for all of them. Don't say those kinds of things at all, but espicially don't say those things in public where everyone can see it! Those are the types of things where a college coach looks at it and says to himself "hmmm, nope, no thanks, I'll recruit someone else". Believe me, as much as I follow recruiting, it is my favorite thing, I see it every week. If you think college coaches don't read social media you are fooling yourself. When a D1 college coach offers you a scholarship, they are entrusting you with 20,30, $40,000 or more. Believe me, they are studying you and you don't even know it! Some college have people that part of their job is to just check recruits social media accounts. I'd hate to see any local player lose out on college, and life opportunities by something as silly as a 140 character post. Find a better way to spend your time, read a book or something guys!! It'll go a lot further in helping you to suceed.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:33 PM

Great post, Buck!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 3:39 AM

LU Bluetigers sounds like one CT players who is now at Lincoln. Keep it classy because your identity is not a secret. I'd hate for people to lose respect for you in this area.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 3:42 AM

Dean, I'm not reaching. I was merely sending advice to who I thought might be one of a few young men I know. By the way, if LU has been posting 5 or 6 yrs he probably a grown man and can speak for himself. LU Bluetigers, please accept my apology.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 6:57 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: