Semoball

High School Football Forum: Touchdown Top 10 (9/24/14)

Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 5:01 PM:

Hello everyone and welcome back to the "Touchdown Top 10" an unofficial ranking of the ten best football teams in Semo. This list has been put together by myself, Cheesehead, and BuckMajor in an effort to come up with what we believe is an unbiased and logical Top 10.

What factors do we consider in our rankings? Wins and losses, obviously, but also factors like strength of schedule, class size, state rankings, overall talent, injuries, win and loss streaks, head-to-head victories, among other things, all have to be taken into consideration and weighed against each other to come up with what we believe is a logical Top 10.

I won't spend as much time this week going into how this thread originated and the guidelines we agreed to. If you are interested in knowing more about that, please go back and read last week's "Touchdown Top 10." I do, however, want to say a bit more about the area we are covering as that generated quite a bit of discussion last week. Because this is an official poll, we felt free to cast our net a bit wider and cover some schools that Semoball doesn't officially cover. But how far out should we go? Since Farmington is in the Semo North conference, we felt like that was a logical place to draw the northern boundary. So we consider Semo to be every school from Farmington south to Kennett and west to Poplar Bluff. That's roughly the area that KFVS12 Sports also covers. We also looked at northern schools that have a number of posters on Semoball and that regularly play Semo schools. Within that area there are 23 schools with football teams.

Now on to this week's "Touchdown Top 10." There are a few changes this week since there were a number of upsets last week.

1. Jackson (5-0): The Indians retain the top spot atop the TT10 totem pole this week after demolishing SEMO North and district foe Poplar Bluff 42-0. Senior QB Dante Vandeven had another monster game, scoring 4 TD's with both his feet and his arms. He ran for 113 yards on 11 carries for 3 TD's and was 12-18 passing for 198 yards to add his fourth TD of the game. He did throw one interception. WR Xominique Davis also had another big game with 3 catches for 94 yards, including a 64 yard TD pass in the first quarter. WR Ben Maudie also continues to excel, rushing for a 97 yard TD in the third quarter. The Jackson defense, led by Senior NT Preston Hobeck, also continues to impress, pitching their second straight shut-out and holding the Mules to just 130 yards of total offense. They did not allow a first down until about 3 minutes left to play in the first half. Jackson moved back up to #2 in Class 5 in the sportswriter's poll and Coach Eckley's Indians have to be feeling good about themselves as they travel to arch-rival Cape Central this Friday night in the most anticipated game of the season with the Semo North crown on the line. Last Week's Ranking: #1.

2. Park Hills Central (5-0): Cape Central's loss to Ladue and PHC's dominant 36-3 over previously unbeaten Potosi at home gives the Rebels the #2 spot this week. They also leapfrogged Valle due to their superior strength of schedule. PHC continues to silence the doubters that they would not be as strong this year with so many starters lost to graduation last year. Coach Schweiss's team started slow against Potosi, leading the Trojans just 12-0 at halftime. But then the Rebels began to roll in the second half. Senior RB Brandon Maberry had a huge game rushing for 114 yards on 11 carries for 3 TD's. Junior QB Jake Bridges also continues to impress, going 9-15 for 166 yards with one pick. Four of those receptions were to senior WR Hunter Strange. PHC's defense also continues to smother enemy offenses and Potosi was no exception. The Rebels recorded 8 sacks in the game, four of them by DE Colin Bess. Bess also led the team with 10 tackles on the night. They also shut down Potosi's all-state WR and D-1 prospect Austin Cooley to one catch. He left the game with a knee injury in the 3rd quarter and we wish him the best. PHC moved up to #4 in Class 3 this week. They will host arch-foe and district rival Ste. Genevieve under the Friday Night Lights as they seek to lock up the #1 seed in districts. Last Week's Ranking: #4.

3. Cape Central (4-1): Despite taking a 22-6 lead over host Ladue into the locker-room, the Tigers were shut-out in the second half and lost their first game of the season 32-22. But since Ladue is an unbeaten Class 5 team, we didn't penalize Cape too much for the loss as they only fall one spot to #3 in this week's TT10. Not much went right for the Tigers in this game. They were outscored 24-0 in the 2nd half. All-State junior WR Al Young was held without a catch or a TD for the first time this season. They had four turnovers. Senior QB Peyton Montgomery was only 2-9 for 41 yards through the air, throwing 2 interceptions, one of which was a pick-six. He did score one TD rushing. The one bright spot for the Tigers was senior RB Braion Owens who had his biggest game of the year, running for 104 yards on 18 carries for 2 TD's. Owens also had a catch for 39 yards. But the good news is Cape Central is still ranked #10 in Class 4 this week. Coach Norman will try to right the ship and get his high-powered offense which has struggled for the second week in a row ready when arch-foe Jackson comes calling Friday night. Last Week's Ranking: #2.

4. Valle Catholic (5-0): The Valle faithful went home happy last Friday night as their Warriors crushed Grandview 62-6 at Homecoming. That extends Valle's unbeaten streak to 20 games. QB Connor Basler had another big night, going 8-10 passing with TD strikes of 47 and 20 yards to WR Koltyn Schilly who scored four TD's in the game. Valle's defense continues to dominate as they held Grandview to -24 yards in the first half. Yes, you read that right! Negative 24 yards! They didn't give up a first down until the 4th quarter with 9:27 left in the game. But in one of those quirks of polling, despite remaining unbeaten, the Warriors drop a spot in the rankings due to the other three teams about them playing a tougher schedule. The same thing happened to Jackson in last week's sportswriter's poll. Valle remains the unanimous #1 team in Class 1 in that same poll. Coach Naegar's team travels to Jefferson this week on their quest to win yet another conference crown on their way to their 13th Class 1 state championship. Last Week's Ranking: #3.

5. Malden (5-0): The Malden juggernaut rolled on as last week's victim, East Prairie, learned after a 55-6 shellacking from the Green Wave at the Swamp. Malden is winning their games thus far by an average of 46 points a game. They are dominating on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Their defense held a high-powered Eagles attack to just 97 yards of total offense! Their offense, on the other hand, calculated 449 yards in the game in a very balanced attack, 226 on the ground and 233 through the air. And they only ran 34 plays in the game! Senior WR Cortez Dobbins had a monster night though he touched the ball just four times, but scored on all four attempts. Two of those TD's came receiving and two of them rushing for a total of 167 yards of offense. Junior QB Riley Chapin continues to get it done, completing 5-6 passes for 183 yards and 3 TD's before exiting the game in the 3rd quarter to let the JV finish the game. Senior RB Dremond Robinson added 136 yards rushing on 9 attempts. Malden is still ranked #8 in this week's Class 2 poll and holds serve at #5 in this week's TT10. The Green Wave thunder into Hayti this week to take on the always-dangerous Indians as they seek to seal up the Semo South championship and the #1 seed in districts. Last Week's Ranking: #5.

6. Ste. Genevieve (3-2): The Dragons bounced back from last week's loss to Potosi by scorching conference and district foe Fredericktown 35-8 at home. Coach Stolzer's team fell behind 8-0 early in the contest after an early turnover. But it was all Ste. Gen from there! Sophomore QB Wyatt Lulumondier was outstanding again as he went 8-16 for 3 TD's. Two of those TD tosses were to WR Drew Schmelze of 88 and 39 yards. The tough Dragons defense continues to roar as well holding the Blackcats to just 78 yards of total offense in the game! They were led by Logan Dowdy's seven solo tackles, three assists, and a fumble recovery. Ste. Gen moves up this week because of losses by the teams in front of them. The biggest test of the season awaits the young Dragons as they travel to arch-rival Park Hills Friday night to play the state-ranked Rebels. Last Week's Ranking: #8.

7. Sikeston (3-2): The Bulldogs broke a two-game losing streak and bounced back from a heartbreaking loss to area rival Dexter by beating SEMO North foe Farmington in another nail-biter 14-13. Despite committing four turnovers (all in the first half), Coach Gibbs' squad was able to get it done thanks to a tenacious defense and a huge game from RB Victwon Riley. He has the game of this life rushing for 220 yards on 31 carries for 2 TD's. No Sikeston player has put up those kind of numbers since QB Kyland Gross's 236 yards against Jennings in 2012. Fellow RB Earnest Fobbs II also had a big game racking up 104 yards on 15 carries. The Bulldogs recorded a season-high 406 yards of offense despite scoring just twice and not at all in the 2nd half. But the Bulldogs defense was strong once again, holding Farmington to 226 yards of total offense and their QB to 11-29 passing (39%). Like Ste. Gen, they move up this week thanks to losses by the teams ahead of them. Sikeston hosts SEMO North foe Poplar Bluff this week. Last Week's Ranking: #10.

8. Farmington (2-3): A tough close loss to Sikeston at home sees Farmington fall to #8 in this week's TT10. The Black Knights are kicking themselves for letting this one get away. A game-winning 60 yard TD was called back on a controversial personal foul penalty against Farmington. Instead, they had to settle for a 29 yard FG from junior kicker Braydon Krauss, but it wasn't enough as Farmington lost the game 14-13. Krauss kicked two FG's in the game, the other from 30 yards. Talented senior QB Brandt Busenbark struggled in this game as well. The Black Knight's defense was outstanding on the other hand. They forced four Sikeston turnovers, returning one fumble for a touchdown by senior Ethan Barron. Farmington scored 10 points off Bulldogs miscues. Coach Kruppe's Black Knights will charge into St. Louis this Friday and try to get back to .500 by jousting with Normandy who is just 1-4 on the season. Last Week's Ranking: #6.

9. Caruthersville (3-2): By virtue of a big upset of Dexter 40-20 last Friday night and on the strength of a three-game winning streak, the Tigers claw their way off the bubble and into the rankings at #9 this week. First year coach Jimmy Jackson's young squad is figuring it out after a slow 0-2 start that saw them blown out by Mountain-View Liberty and Malden. Sophomore QB Peyton Faulkner had a break-out game against Dexter rushing for 188 yards on 12 carries for 3 TD's and going 5-7 passing for 35 more yards and adding a fourth TD. RB Daniel Fugate also came up big, running for 148 yards on 22 rushes for 1 TD. In all, the Tigers racked up 435 yards on the game, 400 of them on the ground. Tyler McCaig had a big game too, scoring twice, once rushing and once receiving. The Tigers' defense came up big too, holding the high-powered Bearcats attack to just 68 yards rushing and forcing two turnovers. They also had a goal-line stand in the fourth quarter, crushing any hopes of a Dexter comeback. Caruthersville hosts NMCC this Friday night. If they win, they will claim yet another SEMO Central crown, but it won't be easy as New Madrid is on a two-game winning streak of their own. Last Week's Ranking: unranked.

10. Poplar Bluff (2-3): The Mules were hammered at Jackson 42-0 last Friday night, are on a three-game losing streak, and have not scored a TD during that slide. So by virtue of a win over Dexter and a tough schedule, the Mules hold on to the #10 spot by the hair of their chinny chin chin! There haven't been many highlights for Poplar Bluff since starting QB junior Kameron Misner went down with a hamstring injury in Week 3 against Farmington. Coach Barousse has tried a two-QB system since Misner's injury, but nothing is working as his Mules have been shut out in two of their last three losses. Both QB's threw an interception against Jackson. Record-setting senior RB Bi Nguyen only rushed 40 yards on 9 attempts against the Indians. The only real highlight was the Mules defense which sacked Indians QB Dante Vandeven four times. The Mules will try to kick Sikeston in the head and get back in the win column, but they'll have to do it on the road and Misner is questionable for that game. Last Week's Ranking: #7.

On The Bubble: Dexter (2-3), NMCC (2-3).

So there you have it for this week's "Touchdown Top 10"! All three of us really appreciated all the feedback we got from last week's column. Please continue to give us your feedback below. Let us know if you agree or disagree and why. Feel free to give your own rankings. Let us know any mistakes we made. But please remember to keep the debate civil and on a high plane per Semoball's rules. For Cheesehead and BuckMajor, I am your humble scribe, Preacher Man Fan. Until next week, good luck to all Semo teams this Friday night!

Replies (133)

• One correction to the third paragraph above. It should say, "Because this is not an official poll..." We do not speak for Semoball. Just wanted to clarify that and apologize for the mistake.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 5:13 PM

I think Malden can defeat Valle this year. I am unsure if Valle has faced a team with their speed. I would flip-flop these teams but the rest of the "totem pole" is spot on. Nice work guys.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 5:53 PM
  • I don't know about 3 TD's Bleed, but obviously we do think Valle is a step ahead of Malden right now. Strength of schedule also favors Valle over Malden.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 6:22 PM
  • Thanks for the positive feedback Straight.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 6:27 PM

Real talk. I bow down to Valle, but if they played Malden, could they deal with the speed/athleticism?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 6:29 PM

I personally think Malden would give Valle a very good game. A lot of people underestimate Malden, but they are very good at several positions.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 6:31 PM
  • Valle dropped 70 on the #2 team in Class 1. Valle plays as tough an OOC schedule as possible and usually demolishes those teams. Valle would give Cape a game, might beat them.

Valle could name the score vs. Malden.

I know that will chap some people and they think I'm just hating, that's fine. I just like living in reality.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 6:50 PM
  • Teams with a losing record in a top 10? Need to cast a wider net...smh.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 7:11 PM

Ok, homies. Again, I bow down to Valle. Their schemes and game plans may be fantastic, but name a team that they have played thus far that is as fast or athletic as the Green Wave?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 7:14 PM
  • Hey boogin. Who are your top 10 SEMO teams?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 7:49 PM
  • Hey boogin. Who are your top 10 SEMO teams?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 7:50 PM
  • Is Malden mainly a run-oriented team? Meaning have they ever had more than 10 pass attempts in a game? That will be important going into playoffs. Lamar rarely passes but they haven't needed to. Strafford is about half and half.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 8:10 PM
  • Realistically speaking here not arrogant and boasting in my statement i believe valle vs malden would be a tougher game than most would care to acknowledge. Not taking anything from valle or any other semo team but im not convinced that malden has been tested hard enough to actually determine their overall strength and weaknesses nor do we know their full potential. This isnt said to degrade any team played by any means. And yes they are balanced both running and passing game i feel. This is my opinion from what i have witnessed but im sure others would feel differently. Would be an exciting game to watch i believe!

-- Posted by line buster on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 8:49 PM
  • For the record, Malden won't get blasted in the quarterfinals as was stated above. District 2 is very weak and Malden should make the semis against Lamar. Hopefully Malden is beginning to do their due diligence and collecting Lamar film, looking for ANY weakness they can find.

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:01 PM

Malden doesn't need to look past districts. They're the favorite to win it but Cville has been playing much better, especially the defense. I wouldn't overlook anyone.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:24 PM
  • Straight, you ask if Valle has faced anyone has athletic as Malden. It's like asking has Malden faced anyone with the discipline that Valle has? You won't see a better Class 1 team that can run routes like Valle can. I've seen both Valle and Malden this year and would agree with Bleed and Boogin, it would be a blowout.

Also, to answer your original question, they played a 6'4" 210lb QB that runs 4.6-4.7.

That being said, Malden is looking a whole lot better than usual and good luck to the Green Wave as the playoffs approach.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:29 PM
  • Boogin, you can "smh" all you condescendingly want, what it means is there is a lot of parity in Semo and teams are beating up on each other. Sure the easy thing to do would be just to kick Farmington and PB out because they have a losing record right now and stick in Scott City or East Prairie who are both 3-2. But none of us believe they are as good as the teams ranked right now. There are other factors to consider besides just wins and losses.

As for casting a wider net, this is a SEMO poll, and there's no logical reason to include teams like Festus and Hillsboro like you want us to that are 30 miles south of St. Louis. There's just no way to call those teams Semo.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:40 PM
  • Cheeshead, buck and preach i believe you are doing just fine with the touchdown top ten. You obviously will always have critics. Keep up the good work.

-- Posted by line buster on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:59 PM

Thank you line buster! We appreciate the read and feedback.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 10:06 PM
  • Gracias line buster. Our goal is to inform and provide a forum for serious discussion of high school football in Semo.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 10:23 PM
  • Seen Valle play too, I think everyone would be amazed at their speed and athleticism and the depth of each. Also just heard from a friend that Valle's freshmen just beat Jackson's on the road this week - I don't think they're going away anytime soon. Which begs the question to many of you on here, how did a C1 beat a C5? And leave out the whole private school theory - that holds water much more in bigger towns/cities than the rural schools. Keep in mind, SG has often had much more speed and athleticism than their opponents too.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 7:44 AM
  • Let me re-phrase that cause I don't wanna sound like I'm trolling. I think it's impressive a smaller school can beat a larger one, I just don't think it's "impossible or laughable" like many of you do on here.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 8:02 AM
  • I agree with you Simpleminds. Valle is the Scott Central of football in that they can play with just about anyone.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:20 AM
  • Guys. Malden is a different animal this year. They have 3 elite runners in Dobbins, Robinson, and Thompson. All 3 of these kids are strong and fast. They also have a big, strong line. I'm not sure they would lose to anyone in SEMO, other than Jackson and maybe Cape Central. They are legit. Of course, there are other teams in other parts of the state that are legit as well. It will be interesting to see how they fair.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:45 AM
  • What is laughable is the fact that some of you guys come on here and think Malden, who just became worthy of mentioning on here this year, can hang with every team in Semo besides Jackson and Cape Central. Where did all their players come from that they are SO good this year? They all just hit a growth spurt in the last 10 months?

That is what is truly laughable. I agree with Bleed and Boogin. Valle could pick the score. And I don't think they would pick low either.

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 11:04 AM
  • Malden hasn't just come out of nowhere this season. They have been solid the last two seasons. Most of the starters this year have been three year starters. Now they're coming into their own as seniors. I think it would be a very good game between Malden and Valle.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 11:09 AM
  • Then you haven't seen Valle or have no concept of what football is like outside the KFVS coverage area.

Valle could score 200 on Malden if they really wanted to.

As for "has Valle played anyone as athletic as Malden" let me ask the question...what makes you think Malden is more athletic than Valle?

You don't play in 5 straight State Championship games without having athletes, so again I ask, why is Malden more athletic (perception) than Valle?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 11:26 AM

To say Malden has come out of nowhere this season is silly. Malden has just had the misfortune of playing in a district with Caruthersville who has dominated that district for many years. Malden actually has had some very good teams the last couple years. The last two losses for them have been at the hands of Caruthersville, so they pretty much dominated the area last year other than to Cville. I knew a few years ago, when Riley took over for Murphy, when this group became seniors, they were going to be very good, and they have exceeded my expectations.

As far as the Malden/Valle debate. I haven't seen Valle play this year, but still find it hard to believe they would destroy Malden. Would they win? Probably. Could they pick the score? No! Could Malden win that game? Probably. I think it would be a very entertaining game IMO, but Valle has to be the favorites based off history alone.

No way do I think Malden can beat Jackson,Park Hills, or Cape. I think they may can give Cape a game but the other two are just too tough IMO. I think you see people rooting against Malden this year just off the fact that they have players on here posting, being obnoxious at times. They're kids, they tend to do that. If my Tigers can't win district this year and Malden does, I'll be supporting them just like I would my own team.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 11:51 AM
  • Anyone saying Malden could beat Valle simply doesn't know football outside of the bootheel.

I WISH, I HOPE, that one of these days Valle plays Caruthersville, Malden, Dexter, heck Cape or Bluff just so you can see what an actual powerhouse program looks like. Cape and Bluff MIGHT give them a game.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 12:05 PM
  • I still want to know why people think Malden is more athletic than Valle?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 12:06 PM
  • Boogin, your "know it all" attitude is growing mighty tiresome. When will you learn you can make your points without denigrating others? Everyone knows Valle is outstanding. To know that Malden too has great athletes you just have to look at the numbers they are putting up on both sides of the ball. The same is true of Valle. As to which side has the better athletes, that is a purely subjective thing. The two teams don't play each other and they have no common opponents either to judge by. I believe Cheesehead's analysis is spot on.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 12:33 PM

Boogin, Trust me when I say that I respect Valle as a football program. Anyone who knows anything about high school football in Missouri knows what Valle is all about. They are what other teams strive to be. It's also true that on a consistent basis, they would beat most teams in Semo just about every year. I would have taken Caruthersville two years ago over Valle but that's just my opinion.

I agree Preacher. You can make your point without talking down on other teams. Can't the Malden players and fans be proud? What's wrong with a little optimism?

As far as the better athlete debate goes, here's how I see it. I don't think either team has the advantage in that category. Malden is loaded down with talent EVERYWHERE! Same can be said for Valle. Where Valle set's themselves apart is fundamentals and execution. They're very well coached and they live and breathe football at Valle. Personally, I like to see Valle move up to Class 2, where they would be challenged if they wanted to win state. Teams like Lutheran North, Lamar, Liberty, Strafford, all can beat Valle and winning state wouldn't be a given every single year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 12:55 PM
  • I'd like to see Valle move up a class too. But I wouldn't be one selling them short though.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:25 PM
  • To say Valle has walked through Class 1 that last few years isn't exactly accurate. In a sense yes, but not entirely. Penny-Hamilton has been very good, actually beating Valle twice in state. And in 12, Concordia gave Valle all they can handle in the semi's at home; 12-6 Valle win. And they've also played Westran pretty close in the dome, 22-21 Valle. Yeah, two blowout wins in the championship game but wasn't always the easy road there.

And to say Malden has been good for a few years now? How? Can't even make it out of their district. Yeah Cville is there but what's that famous saying? If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best?

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:31 PM

Wasn't selling them short. I said it would be much tougher to win than Class 1. As long as Lamar is in Class 2, I just don't see anyone else winning it any time soon unless the coach leaves for a bigger school or numbers drop drastically. Prior to the Lamar domination, Valle would be in the mix every year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:33 PM

You make very good points Squeak. That Penny squad was fun to watch.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:35 PM
  • Preach liked my posts until he felt I slighted Dexter, he even said so if I had the inclination I could go find the quote.

His bias has been showing ever since I said Sikeston should upgrade their schedule and included Dexter among schools they should drop. By his reaction you would have thought I spit on his mother.

The thing about message boards, EVERYONE gets an opinion regardless of how knowledgeable they are on the subject. Bogey Man, for example, will tell you he's not that big of a football fan and doesn't really follow it. He still gets a say and voices his opinion. You guys don't jump him because he agrees with you.

Show me an example of me just being out and out WRONG about anything I've said. Not something you just disagree with, or don't like how I've phrased, but something that is 100% factually inaccurate and you can PROVE conclusively that it's inaccurate.

You won't find many, if any, examples. When I start lying or talking nonsense, then feel free to put me in my place. I haven't said anything that is "wrong" you just don't like what I have to say.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:36 PM
  • Lamar's numbers won't go down. West side of the state doesn't work like that.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:39 PM

It's a message board Boogin. Most things said on here are opinion based and can't actually be PROVED right or wrong. That is unless you post a score and it was wrong or said someone beat someone and that was wrong. That's pretty much all that can be proved right or wrong. I will say you saying Valle would score 200 is wrong. Can't be proved, but no way would they do that. I know you were being a little out there when you said that but that would still be a little disrespectful to Malden.

I have no problems with most of what you say. You seem very knowledgeable and this site has been lacking in that from posters here lately. I do disagree with a lot of what you say but not everyone can agree on everything right?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 1:46 PM
  • I think Malden is the real deal. I think they have great shot at semis, then Lamar will take them down. Valle is obviously great and I think they would beat Malden but could be decent game. I haven't seen schedule so let me ask, does Malden play anyone in regular season that has a shot?

-- Posted by bball79 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 2:05 PM
  • Ok Boogin, now you've really stepped in it and it's time to put you in your place. Evidently your arrogance knows no bounds and everything you say just drips with sarcasm and smugness.

There's no possible way anyone could ever produce enough evidence to convince you that you are wrong about anything. Case in point? On the thread where we had the scheduling debate you said Dexter's "best record for the last 10 years is 8-5." When I refuted that by pointing out that Dexter was 9-2 in 2011, rather than admit your error you just qualified your statement by saying you cited it because that was the year Dexter went to the quarterfinals. Nothing in your original statement suggested that was what you were talking about. You made a claim that was demonstrably false, but refused to own up to it.

Another example of you "talking nonsense" is the claim on this thread that Valle could hang 200 points on Malden if they wanted to. Even as hyperbole, that is nonsense. To do that, dividing 200 by 8 points per TD, Valle would need 25 offensive possessions in the game to score that many points. To be generous, let's cut that down to 20 and give Valle credit for some special teams and defensive scores. Since no team, not even Valle, comes close to that, your statement is clearly nonsensical.

You need to learn that how you say something is just as important as what you say. Take your ridiculous "spitting on his mother" statement. I am perfectly content with how that debate went and invite others to read it and judge for themselves who made the better points. But more to the point, Boogin, my mother died this past March of cancer. My wife and I cared for her in our home for the last six months of her life. So you bet that statement crossed the line with me.

Now, having put you in your place, why don't you do us all a favor, have a piece of humble pie, and put a little more consideration into your posts?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 2:11 PM
  • Actually, on Nov. 16, 1927 Haven (Haven, Kan.) vs. Sylvia (Sylvia, Kan.) game was 256-0.

Haven holds the record with 256 points in a single high school football game.

So Boogin's "opinion" actually could happen.

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 2:31 PM
  • Looks to me like you might cut your top 10 to top 5 because after #5 you are really talking about average to below average teams. The debate between Valle and Malden probably can't really be decided because they have no common opponents and don't play each other. I know I would bet any amount of money someone wanted to bet on Valle!

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 2:31 PM

bball79 all they have left on the regular season schedule is Hayti, Chaffee, Kennett, and Dexter.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 2:46 PM
  • Turbo clock eliminates any chance of a 200-point game.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 2:49 PM
  • Totally disagree with all of you. You should actually watch Malden play before you make generalizations based on years past. To say that Valle could pick their score against Malden, now that's laughable. HAHA

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:12 PM
  • I also should clarify that in my initial statements, I was referring to SEMO as in the area south of Perryville. I don't consider St. Gen SEMO. I consider St. Gen East Central Missouri.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:15 PM
  • Really Squeak? You pull one isolated example from a game in 1927 to "prove" Boogin is right? The game is so much different now than then there is just no way that parallel holds up. Semohoops is right, the turbo clock eliminates any possibility of a 200 point game today, even in theory.

Let me put it this way:

1. Valle scored 69 points on Grandview.

2. Malden is much better than Grandview.

3. Therefore, Valle would not score 200 points on Malden.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:16 PM
  • It's also short-sighted to say that a team is only "good" if they make it out of their district.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:17 PM
  • Preach, you just said they couldn't score 200 because that wasn't possible. Well I proved you wrong because it has happened.

And jwhitlock, you're right. Just because someone doesn't make it out of their district doesn't always mean they're not good. I guess it just means that they're not good enough. Better? Thought so.

And if you're only considering south of Perryville Semo territory, then park hills should be left out correct?

My main concern with everyone on the Malden bandwagon is who have they played? Everyone who is all over Malden always seems to dodge that question. Funny how that works. Props to them for being 5-0 this year. But competition goes a long way with that record.

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:32 PM
  • Valle hung 72 on Westran. Westran could very easily hang with Malden. So what does that say, Preach?

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:33 PM
  • Valle also pulled their starters in the 1st half...

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:34 PM
  • Preach I'll just defer to you on everything. You obviously know more about this game than I do. Not just the game, but everything about everything. I'm an idiot, my mistake for saying Dexter is anything but a power team in SEMO. Sikeston is lucky Dexter even chooses to schedule them as they are so far out of Sikeston's league.

What was I thinking?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:39 PM
  • I agree with Boogin at times but other times I could go round and round with him....but as we've said, they're just opinions and you don't know when somebody's just trying to be funny.

With that said, I could prove Boogin wrong on a few of his preseason predictions but so what. Let's just all dial it down a notch. Preach, Buck, and Cheese - you guys do a fine job. Keep it up, your efforts and insight are much appreciated. If others disagree, they can write up their own instead of trashing yours.

And Preach, sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure she's in good hands now.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 3:56 PM
  • Boogin, I went to see that Valle/Westran game like many other MO HS football fans. Valle's starters were being pulled at the start of the 4th quarter that day.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 4:02 PM
  • Boogin, that's the smartest thing you've ever said on Semoball. Lol. (In case you missed it, that was said in jest.)

Squeak, I'll concede that you found one example of a team scoring over 200 points. But I pointed out that it's just not a valid comparison to cherry-pick a game from 1927 and compare it to today's game. It wasn't even the norm back then. If there had been a turbo clock in 1927, would Haven have scored 256 points? No, of course not. Squeak, do you believe it's possible in today's game for a team to score 200 points?

You also said Westran could hang with Malden. Assertions are not proof. How do you know this Squeak?

As for the schedule comparison, Valle's SOS is better than Malden's. Valle has signature wins over Ste. Gen and Westran. Malden's best win was a 47-0 victory over a good and improving Caruthersville team. But neither team's schedule is exactly murderer's row.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 4:12 PM
  • Thank you Simpleminds.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 4:19 PM
  • Simpleminds is also right in saying we need to call a truce here. So let me extend the olive branch to Boogin. He is an articulate and knowledgeable poster regarding football in general and high school football in particular. Boogin's passion for the game is self-evident. My whole point here is to get you to realize that it isn't necessary to belittle and insult those who disagree with you. If I've been too hard on you in trying to get you to see that, then I apologize.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 4:48 PM
  • I f you leave SG, Valle and Park Hills out of the equation because of their location you could keep your list to a top 3 and eliminate all this fighting

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 7:00 PM
  • Yeah, but "Touchdown Top 3" or "Touchdown Top 5" just doesn't have the same ring though, so I think we'll stick with ranking the Top 10 as we see it. But thanks for reading and the feedback.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 7:30 PM
  • Bless your heart, squeaky. That's why I'm here. To sort out this "tough" stuff that you can't figure out on your own. haha

What I find so amusing is why everyone has to get their panties in a wad when someone disagrees with them. For crying out loud. This isn't North Korea. Some of you are going to be wrong, at least some of the time. If people would not take things so personally and just state their opinions and then back them up with facts, this would be a lot more fun. But then again, maybe not.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 8:06 PM
  • Agreed jwhitlock.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 8:15 PM
  • Boogin trolls on here like others. It is easy to make baseless comments, like since, insert team, doesn't play anyone outside of semo they must be terrible. For those that don't know you have to play everyone in your conference and mshsaa limited regular season to 9 games. This severely limits possibilities. This means teams have 4 open weeks. These have to correspond with other teams open weeks in order to play. Some teams choose better competition no doubt. For example charleston does not have to play Chaffee but they choose to OOC. That is a horrible job if scheduling. Other teams like cville play malden and liberty out of conference. Huge difference

-- Posted by Semoespn on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:06 PM
  • Thanks for the info on Maldens schedule. None of those teams can beat Malden.

-- Posted by bball79 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:17 PM
  • Done with this site. Doing the weekly pic em, beyond that I'm out. You guys want to sit around, pat each other on the back and convince each other your $÷+^ don't stink, fine with me.

Preach you're a good dude, sorry bout your mom.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:18 PM
  • Awesome

-- Posted by Semoespn on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:21 PM
  • Thx bball I mentioned 2 of cvilles 4 choices so not sure what that has to do with malden. I was giving cville credit for playing number 2 team historically in their district and for playing liberty when they don't have to play either. Thx

-- Posted by Semoespn on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:42 PM
  • Thank you Boogin. May I say again we welcome debate and discussion on this thread, but we urge everyone to keep it on a high plane per Semoball's rules. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:49 PM
  • I don't feel I was disagreeable. Show me where I "downed" anyone. I reiterate, you don't like how I phrase things, but I'm not a bakery and I don't sugarcoat things. That's obviously not welcome or appreciated here, so I'll just walk away from it.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 11:10 PM
  • Valle's line is what makes them special this year. Average 250 lbs across the line, and not only just big bodies but strong and athletic. They hit the weights hard. They would give Jackson or Cape all they could handle.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 6:52 AM
  • I asked what Malden had left on their schedule. I was given Hayti, Chaffee, Kennett and Dexter. I do not think any of these 4 teams can beat Malden. I asked wondering if Malden would have unbeaten regular season. I'm sure most believe they will. My Indians go to Dexter tonight. 14 year losing streak, hope they can break that tonight. My $$ would be on dexter but my heart is certainly with Kennett. Hope game is good and competitive.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 7:52 AM
  • Oh Boogin I enjoy reading you guys debates gives me something to do I lead a boring life. Every year there's someone to pick on, last year it was Bleed when he was meaner. I don't know much about football but learn so much from u guys. Please continue for my enjoyment.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 9:48 AM
  • On somewhat of a different note, Valle plays Potosi week 7. Potosi will likely be 5-1 and they'll be extra pumped going into the matchup.

Potosi isn't necessarily an "elite" team, but they are no pushover.....they have talent. Thoughts?

-- Posted by zachattack on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 10:20 AM
  • How is Valle against the run? Potosi has a big, physical RB. I would imagine they will try to play keep away.

BG, I've been here....lurking. I am limiting myself to only responding with relevant football talk this year. Hahaha

-- Posted by zachattack on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:07 AM
  • Don't let Bleed fool you, he's really just a softie! Lol. Just teasing you BG. What do you think of our Top 10 Bleed?

I also wanted to let you all know that you can watch the Dexter vs. Kennett game live tonight at 7 p.m. on YHC-TV or SemoSportsZone.com.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:18 AM
  • Valle retuned a DE who had 20+ sacks last year and go about 220 across the front. Also return a middle LB who had 180+ tackles last year. And extremely fast defensively.

-- Posted by Squeak on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 12:37 PM
  • I believe Valle will beat Potosi how ever bad Coach Naeger wants to.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 1:06 PM
  • Wow, that's a really big line for a Class 1 school!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 1:12 PM
  • I think Valle could give every team on the list a run for their money except for maybe Jackson. They would certainly be favored to beat every team below them.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 1:36 PM
  • If Valle asked to move up to class 2 would mshsaa approve are allow it? If they would allow it, which conference would Valle play in?

-- Posted by bunthimover on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 5:12 PM
  • Bottom line is coach naeger has everyone bought into the program. The most impressive thing is even the 140-150lb kids are strong. They take good kids and make them great high school players and average kids turn into good players because there committed and passionate about Valle football. It's the definition of football factory along with Webb city. As long as Judd is there it won't change

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 5:43 PM

How do you think Malden would do against any of the teams in SEMO North? Malden looks good nut all their games have been against small schools.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 7:51 PM
  • Going to be some tough decisions for this coming week's Top 10. A lot rides on Farmington's game at Normandy tomorrow. Normandy is just 1-4 but Farmington isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut.

Any suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated! Lol.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:07 PM

True that. I was just thinking the same thing.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:27 PM
  • WWE Guru, I think Malden would likely beat Sikeston, Farmington, and Poplar Bluff. I believe they would be underdogs against Cape and Jackson.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:32 PM
  • Kennett/Dexter was certainly entertaining. What I came out with was Dexter isn't very good. Lucky they have a good QB or they would really be down. Kennett played spirited game and their QB ran at will against Dexter. Also surprised me that NMCC beat Cville. There is Malden/Jackson/Cape and then the rest. (From Jackson south)

-- Posted by bball79 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:05 AM
  • Woah...don't say a team isn't very good.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:23 AM
  • It was an ugly win for Dexter. We imploded in the 4th quarter, but showed some character and came back for the win.

Boogin, I see your retirement didn't last very long!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:54 AM
  • Eh boredom. Headed to Pilot Knob for reenactment.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:28 AM
  • Preach, looks like NMCC will "likely" have a say in who is the semo central champ....they say you never count your chickens before they hatch...

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 11:10 AM
  • Not sure if anyone ever said Dexter was a really good team, they are average to above at best. Kennett looked to be bigger, faster, and probably stronger, keep hearing about how they improved I see no difference from where they are now and say 4 to 5 years ago. Dexter seemed to be better prepared, yes had some huge breakdowns in the fourth, committed 4 turnovers and had a bunch of penalities and still held on for the win. Looking at Kennett what a blown opportunity to steal a game. They had better athletes versus a a team with a bunch of injuries and coming off a bad loss to the Tigers the Indians did not take advantage of this Dexter's lack of ability to close out games. Dexter is far better this year, but they are long way from being a program people fear of playing.

-- Posted by Blitzkrieg on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 1:08 PM
  • Indian73, "likely" doesn't mean definitely. I wrote that last week. This week I wrote: "Caruthersville hosts NMCC this Friday night. If they win, they will claim yet another SEMO Central crown, but it won't be easy as New Madrid is on a two-game winning streak of their own." Congrats to NMCC on the big win!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 1:26 PM

Kelly recovers a Charleston fumble and takes it 45 yards to the house. Kelly leads 7-0 in 1Q.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:14 PM
  • Thanks Buck! I was just wondering about that game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:17 PM

You're welcome, me too!

Kelly gets a 45 yard interception return to the 1 yard line. They then punch it in. Kelly up 14-0. Turn overs killing Charleston apparently.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:21 PM
  • Well I picked Kelly so let's hope I get this one right

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:35 PM
  • Are you listening to the game Buck? If so, on what station?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:35 PM
  • Me too TFA. I need Kelly to win just to break even on the Pick'Em this week!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:37 PM

Nope, just getting updates on twitter from a reporter who is there.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:44 PM
  • I thought going in that dexter was a pretty good team but left thinking otherwise. They are decent at best. Kennett is an improved team from where they were 4-5 years ago but only marginally improved. Play harder. Much better attendance in weight room. More competitive in games, etc. But I agree, that game was theirs for the taking and they didn't get it done. They basically had 1 offensive weapon. Kennett will beat charleston next week then Malden will beat them then they have a chance against EP, then they lose in week 10. Hard to turn around years of losing. But I do think they are headed in right direction. What happened in NMCC/Cville game? Was that game in Cville?

-- Posted by bball79 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:45 PM

Kelly with another interception. It's 2Q now.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:45 PM

Yes the game was in Cville. NMCC was down 14-0 but came back and went ahead 27-14 at one point. Caruthersville scored 1 late TD to make it 27-20. NMCC really outplayed them 2nd half. Cville offense couldn't get much going, and NMCC defense played really stout.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:48 PM
  • Bball79, Dexter's implosion in the 4th qtr was less than impressive, I'll grant you. Had it not been for the turnovers, I believe Dexter would have won by 2 scores at least.

I do think Kennett is improving. They've been in every game but one this year which they haven't been able to say in a long time. The Pixleys have them moving in the right direction. If Akeem Nelson comes back at QB plus Edward Wilson at RB, they will have a deadly 1-2 punch next season. The problem is going to be on the OL where they are losing 3 starters to graduation. But they also have a lot of players coming back. Only 11 seniors on their roster. So I think there are brighter days ahead for Kennett football.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:58 PM

Kelly 40 yard TD pass. Up 22-0.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:07 PM

Kelly 30-0 in 3rd quarter.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:45 PM
  • Farmington defeated Normandy 44-20 today.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:14 PM

Charleston gets a pick 6. Kelly up 30-6.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:23 PM

Just like that Kelly strikes back and goes up 36-6.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:24 PM

And that's the final score. Kelly defeats Charleston 36-6.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:28 PM
  • Buck, is Word still playing football for nmcc? Havnt heard his name lately.

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:37 PM
  • Way to go Kelly!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:37 PM
  • Way to go Kelly!! Glad I picked you to win.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:39 PM

Yes he is Indian. Didn't play against Chatleston, but did play last night.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:42 PM
  • Hey Bleed. You're right about one thing. If you stop Cooley you have a better chance of beating Potosi. PHC would have beaten Potosi anyway but they improved their chances with a shot to his knee that knocked him out of the game. It's a shame that PHC thinks they have to do that to win. They're good enough to win without the cheap shots. But some teams have that win at all costs attitude, even if it means making a hit that could possibly end a kid's career. They also knocked Potosi's QB out of the game two years ago. Earlier that week there were rumors that they were going to try to take him out. Of course I'm sure that was just a coincidence, right?

-- Posted by PJ24 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:42 PM
  • Injuries are part of football and nothing should be decided on the basis of gossip/rumors. There's no need to cheapen PHC's victory over Potosi by calling the injury to Cooley a cheap shot. Unless it was a flagrant foul after the whistle or something, in which case I'm sure the player was ejected from the game, right?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:52 PM
  • Pj24,

Cooley came back in the 4th quarter. He wasn't out for the game. There was no cheap shots, some teams just hit harder than others. Accept it!

-- Posted by hardwork on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:02 PM
  • Funny how he was fine the next week. Talking to potosi alumni he was more aggravated he only got the ball twice in the first half had more to do with his injury. He wasn't even hurt on a hit he twisted his knee. Someone else spouting off without knowing facts. Guess when u have a good team everyone is a hater. Highschool football cycles every team is up and have their bad years also except those that have built a tradition.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:39 PM

Potosi will probably end up playing PHC again.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:40 PM
  • PHC is the hands down favorite Biz that's for sure. But teams 2-6 (Potosi, Ste. Gen, Dexter, St. Pius X, and NMCC) are all pretty evenly matched, so it wouldn't surprise me to see any of them end up in the championship game against PHC.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:49 PM

How does a small school like Malden garner so much hate! Several comments above prove that some come only to bash Malden. That's hilarious! The Greenwave are handling their business regardless to what folks from St Gen area or any other part of the state has to say. The week Malden comes out and gives a weak performance is when your criticism actually will hold a little weight! Until then to say Malden will be blown out by anybody sounds like the words of fools!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:12 PM

Preacher Man Fan, you are exactly right. I should have said Potosi "may" end up playing PHC again.

The next 3 weeks are going to be interesting.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:19 PM
  • hardwork. Cooley DID NOT come back in the 4th quarter. Get your facts straight. And exactly how do you determine that one team hits harder than others? Is it because PHC had TWO targeting penalties and several other personal fouls in that game?

-- Posted by PJ24 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 8:55 AM
  • Preacher Man Fan, did you even read my entire post? I'm not trying to cheapen anything. I said that PHC would have won that game anyway. I was actually giving PHC a compliment by saying they can win without all of the personal fouls. They were called for two targeting penalties. You don't call those cheap shots? And the refs see absolutely everytyhing, right?

-- Posted by PJ24 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:02 AM
  • I don't know PJ, some players heal really fast. Lebron James was carried off the court by 2 players in the finals and was perfectly fine the next game.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:06 AM
  • pj1972, where exactly do you get YOUR facts? I don't go "spouting off" without knowing facts like most people on this forum. I know for a fact that his knee was hit. And by the way, I don't hate PHC at all. I know several players on that team and they are good kids. I'll say it again, since you and Preacher Man Fan obviously didn't read my entire post. PHC is good. They are good without the personal fouls and targeting penalties. They don't have to do that to win. Yes, Preacher Man Fan, injuries are a part of football, but not like that. But, I can understand why you say that. From reading several of your posts you are obviously a Potosi hater. Of course most people on here are Potosi haters. I don't hate anyone. I've tried several times to have intelligent conversations about football on this forum and it never works out because some immature fool has to ruin it every time. And you are right about high school football running in cycles, pj1972. So don't get used to your team being dominant. It won't last forever.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:20 AM

Yes, PHC got away with quite a few things, but the "penalties" that were actually called were a bit questionable.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:20 AM
  • PJ24,

Cooley did come back unless someone else put his on his #32 jersey . It's on the video on mymoinfo sports. And the refs certainly misinteruppted the rule for targeting. Targeting is defined as hitting a defenseless player. That never happened. Bad calls on what was just some hard hits..

-- Posted by hardwork on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:24 AM
  • When will the new touchdown top 10 be out? Preacher Man Fan

-- Posted by Blitz on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:42 AM
  • Cooley didn't come in after he was hurt by a hit to the side of his knee. I couldn't find it where he came back in on hudl.

Talking to potosi alumni he was more aggravated he only got the ball twice in the first half had more to do with his injury. from pj1972.....

Are you trying to say that he didn't have a injury and he was faking it because he didn't touch the ball enough? Real classy pj1972

And you know what if your a all state player and your coach only allows you to touch the ball twice I don't blame any player at any age to be wondering what the heck is going on here? Look his stats up on the post and you would be wondering why they don't use him in half their plays. I'm sure the Potosi fans were thinking that too.

-- Posted by NCFan on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:42 AM

I would have certainly tried to establish a running game to control the ball, but it baffles me why Cooley wasnt more involved.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:49 AM
  • PJ24, your original post certainly implied that PHC took a cheap shot at Cooley and that was why he was hurt. You said nothing about the Rebels being flagged twice for targeting. I agree that is bad, but were the players ejected? If not, then the refs were saying it was unintentional and that wouldn't be dirty football. If I have misunderstood the rule there, someone please correct me.

Also, PJ24, please quote the post from me that either implied or stated I hate Potosi. According to you, there should be several to choose from. For the record, I don't hate Potosi or anyone else.

Strongside, the new TT10 should be out tonight. I've been under the weather this week. Thanks for asking.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 11:30 AM
  • No ncfan it was not at him at all. He is by far one of the best athletes in this area and I've had him as a baseball player before he focused on only football. If u read the previous my argument was that he was not cheap shot as they said and more to my amazement of why he only touched the ball twice. Trust me it made it easier not having to deal with an all state out of the back field.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 1:32 PM
  • Pj24 I wouldn't have said it if I didn't have facts. Your freshman and jv teams played there the following Monday and Tuesday and I have a lot of friends whoa kids were playing from potosi and also played Friday. I can assure u I didn't just say it without being told that from potosi alum.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 1:37 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: