Semoball

High School Football Forum: Jackson vs Oakville

Posted by Tim Riggins on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:24 AM:

I wish I could watch this game. Oakville plays some good teams in the STL area and has a very athletic QB. I think Jackson wins but I bet it will be a good game. If I didn't have little ones to take trick or treating I would be at this game.

Jackson 28

Oakville 21

Replies (20)

• I have a boss that lives in Oakville and he says their team isn't very good. Jackson shouldn't have any trouble.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:50 AM
  • Jackson should win this one by several scores. Oakville's wins came over some pretty bad teams.

-- Posted by outside coach on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:48 AM
  • I agree. Oakville just doesn't have enough weapons and the Pit is a tough place to play! Jackson rolls.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:21 AM
  • Oakville isn't that good. Hb1025 is right.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:29 AM

Jackson wins in a blowout. I think Bluff was better than Oakville and Parkway South who they beat last week Oakville is only here because Bluff didn't play any class 6 schools. Oakville gets steamrolled and ends their season while Jackson goes on and wins the district crown next week.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:40 AM
  • Well I guess I shouldn't be upset about missing it then. Happy Halloween.

-- Posted by Tim Riggins on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:48 AM

Yes. Jackson rolls. They will play St. John- Vianney next week and there not near as good as they have been. Jackson is going to go far

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 12:05 PM
  • Tribe by 35

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 12:10 PM
  • Well Tim, my apologies. You knew something the rest of us didn't! Good call tonight. Jackson very lucky to have won tonight.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:15 PM

Sounds like Tim was right on the money!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:33 PM
  • Sounds like it was an awesome game. Almost like someone predicted it. 😉

-- Posted by Tim Riggins on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:35 PM
  • Man their QB was a player. Couldn't stop him but fortunately had just enough in the end to cause him to cough it up in OT.

Congratulations Indians!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:45 PM
  • Jackson's defense was terrible at best. Better step it up against Vianne.

-- Posted by dirtysouth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:10 PM
  • Good luck to Jackson. Hoping to see them represent SEMO at the dome.

-- Posted by Tim Riggins on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:35 PM
  • Jackson will have their hands full with Vianney next week. If they win that one, they go on the road in the quarterfinals and will likely play at Webster Groves. I'm not very confident they can win that one.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:50 PM

I want to say I'm surprised by the final score but a bye week can mess with a team. Jackson probably had that bye week rust but how well the defense did or did not play they still won and that's what really matters.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 12:35 AM
  • THE CHAMPION CREED

I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying!

Attitudes Towards Failure

1. I never see failure as failure, but only as a learning experience.

2. I never see failure as failure, but only as the negative feedback I need to change course in my direction.

3. I never see failure as failure, but only as the opportunity to develop my sense of humor.

4. I never see failure as failure, but only as opportunity to practice my techniques and perfect my performance.

5. I never see failure as failure, but only as the game I must play to win.

6. Jackson Indians, you and only you as a cohesive unit have the ability to prove this to yourself.

7. In life you may get only one chance. You must grasp it!!

Don't look back as an adult and say, We almost did it , the time is NOW!!!!!!

-- Posted by Football fan1 on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 12:41 AM
  • Play with heart, pride, and integrity, seize the moment .

This may only present itself once in your lifetime, seize the moment, show yourself you are Champions.

We as true fans Jackson fans already know.

Continue to make us proud.

Best of luck next Friday at "The Pit" !!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Football fan1 on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 1:30 AM
  • Coach Eckley needs to find a new defensive cordinator and a new d-back coach. Then he night win some more games.

-- Posted by chsfan185 on Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 1:45 AM
  • Those that think Jax played poorly need to realize that the defense was without their MLB/ top RB Dudly due to MCL tear in his knee. Dudly is fast and the first time this spring he ran a 800m in track practice, he ran a 2:02. Jax then lost two DB's due to concussions. Subs did their best. I was told Jax will play with subs in seven positions against Vianny. Jax will have to limit mistakes to beat Vianny.

-- Posted by theprof on Wed, Nov 5, 2014, at 11:07 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: