Semoball

High School Football Forum: South East MO Football

Posted by Bo Knows on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 4:05 PM:

Does anyone else agree that SEMO football is weaker this year than it has been in a long time? Minus Malden of course. Which did make things more interesting in the end. Gave some new teams chances to get a little post season action.

Replies (75)

Bo, that's what all these guys have been screaming for the last 12 weeks. Many want to give credit to that fact for Malden being undefeated. It's no secret that teams are not as strong this year but somebody has to win and lose every game. Go Green Wave!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 4:16 PM
  • JST do you think the Malden team this year could have beaten the Monroe C-ville team? Or better yet the Jackson Cville team? Also do you think Kennett is legit, or the beneficiary of so many weak teams?

-- Posted by Bo Knows on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 4:24 PM

Now it starts to get more interesting, districts are over. The teams are unfamiliar at this point...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 4:48 PM

Bo, I don't know much about those C'ville teams. I've been out of the loop for a few years now concerning Bootheel football. Honestly haven't paid much attention to the smaller schools since I stopped coaching in 2010.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 5:44 PM
  • The answer is no

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 7:17 PM
  • I think at this point all the weak teams have been eliminated and we will see some quality football from here on out. I predict that most of the state champions will come out the Soutwest.

-- Posted by Bo Knows on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 8:20 PM
  • Who knows. Certainly not Steve .i can't remember any team around here lately dominating their schedule weak or not the way malden has this year.they would be fun competitive games tho IMO

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 8:22 PM
  • Guess Steve got out of jail.

-- Posted by Moose76 on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 8:35 PM
  • Yea ,mental insanity plea.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 8:41 PM

Bo knows, I think two champs will come out of SW Missouri- Lamar (2) and Webb City(4), although all four Class 4 teams left on that side in Class 4 are better than the best team on the East. Maryville will walk in Class 3, Valle will walk in Class 1. In Class 5, the four best teams were all in the KC area. Winner of Fort Osage/Park Hill will take it. Class 6 who knows, Rockhurst or CBC.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 8:51 PM

If Missouri had an open class like California, where any size school can play each other in the playoffs, who would win!? AKA who could beat anyone in the state!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 8:55 PM

Lippy, Park Hill-KC is very tough! One of my younger cousins is actually their starting running back. He's actually from Sikeston. Sikeston probably wishes his mom wouldn't have moved.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:01 PM
  • JSTT would it be #22??

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:19 PM
  • Buck--It would be Webb City. They destroyed Rockhurst this year and they are in great position to win class 6. Last I saw they were ranked 19th in the nation. Unbelievable program.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:29 PM
  • Agree bullet. Webb city is fb in missouri period. If I'm not mistaken they just manhandled the team that beat Lamar.

-- Posted by MayorEagle on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:38 PM

I think a decent case could be made for Ft. Osage. But obviously Rochhurst, CBC, and Webb City would have something to say about that.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:45 PM

What # is he, Truth? If they win next week, I may see them in the semis or finals.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:47 PM
  • #22 family is from Sikeston so I'm pretty sure he's talking about him. I was reading about him today and was just thinking I wished the family would of stayed here.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 9:59 PM
  • What 2 thousand yard rushers aren't enough for you tfa ? Lol

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 10:11 PM
  • Fort O was down 26 in the first half last against Winnetonka. Tonka's QB gets hurt and Fort O comes back to win.

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 10:15 PM
  • Nope I'm greedy lol

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 10:20 PM
  • Yes they did mayor. 42 to 12.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 10:59 PM
  • So is Kennett back on the map after 20 something years? Or just right place at the right time this year?

-- Posted by Bo Knows on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 11:33 PM

IMO Kennett will continue to improve with the HC they have. How good they can get, I'm not sure.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 12:23 AM

TFA, yes he's #22. He was player of the week in KC Oct 31 russhing for more than 280 yards and 3 touch downs. Here's a clip from max prep:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/matt-harris/D8JIwyQnEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 3:43 AM

TFA, he's only a junior. Another year to get better.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 3:48 AM
  • I look for Malden to be very good again next year. The system is in place.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 5:04 AM
  • Now JSTT is he your side of the family or your wife's? I know u said your wife is from Sikeston and that you're from Malden.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 5:39 AM

Bo, here's an unbiased answer to your question. Cal Preps projects a fantasy match up of C'Ville 2013 vs Malden 2014 a score of 42-31 Malden 2014 wins!

TFA, my family is also from Sikeston. My mom just raised us in Malden.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 5:54 AM

Dustin, I agree with you. I've been looking at who would be still left and who's coming up. Coach Wyatt is prepping next years team right now by pulling 1st string and playing next year's talent to give them varsity experience.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 5:57 AM
  • Thx JSTT.... It's funny to get on here and read. If this was last years team...... so on an so on. Well this is not last year!!!! It's 2014 team. Who has set some goals and have accomplished them. Give the 14 seniors on the team the respect they deserve, and congrats them on there hard work. My goodness.....

-- Posted by greenandgoldalltheway on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 7:20 AM
  • Here's my take on Class 1 & 2. Kelly picked a good year to start varsity football. Charleston, Chaffee, & St. Vincent were way down. Scott City was still rebuilding, while Hayti and Portageville have been better in recent years. East Prairie deserves credit for their success but they were not able to compete with C'ville and Malden. Valle and Malden are exceptional this year. Overall, I agree that it was a down year.

-- Posted by MortCooper42 on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 8:01 AM

Greenandgold, I agree! These kids have worked hard so we're going to keep encouraging them to go as far as they can!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 8:25 AM
  • Hmmm well eventually I will figure it out who u are. Lol!! I have a friend who is also a cousin of # 22 and also one that I think is his uncle. I think they are from the moms side.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 10:23 AM

Pretty sure I know who you are too, Truth! Not gonna say, doesn't matter. But I'm pretty sure!

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 10:53 AM
  • Yes I would never put names out on this but just want to know who I have to hurt when he starts picking on my team again. Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 10:58 AM
  • Someone is trolling. . You forget Cape and Jackson are in the SEMO area

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 11:54 AM
  • Kennett is much improved but a long way from being a really good team. If Wilson stays healthy and Nelson is back next year, they could be pretty good. What a lot may or may not know is Nelson is every bit as athletic as Wilson. Both could mean something special. No one else on team even close to their athleticism. We will see.

-- Posted by bball79 on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 12:40 PM

LOL@ TFA, I should have known you're up to something! LOL Well, don't blast me in the threads! Yes, I'm sure you know of my uncle their in Sikeston. We have a large family and it is on side of 22's mother.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 1:11 PM

Lippy, are you from Malden? Just wondering how would you know who I am.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 1:15 PM
  • The only way I knew about #22 because his uncle was tagged in his pictures on FB and since I'm his friend of the uncle at least I guess he an Uncle I see the pics. Then u said u were kin I started investigating. Lol!! But my source is not very good so I'm going to have to fire him but don't worry it won't take me long. I actually think I have a nephew that would of graduated around the same time as u from Malden.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 1:33 PM

LOL!! Yeah. I'll be nice to the Bulldogs! LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 1:37 PM

No, not from Malden.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 5:29 PM
  • I knew I should of changed my profile pic on FB, someone found me first.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • Oh and your cousin is going to get you for cutting down Sikeston all the time. You also took away all the fun for me I was wanting to figure out who u were first,JSTT!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:27 PM
  • Omg. Is jstt a stalker now too?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:31 PM
  • Lol!! Well I was trying to stalk him first to find out who he was so he's just a better stalker!! If I wouldn't of had my son in his foorball uniform my profile pic he probably wouldn't of found me. Lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:40 PM

Indian Pride, just thought I'd save her the work since she was working so hard. I used to get paid to investigate! LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:42 PM
  • Also after knowing his cousin I totally understand his sense of humor but he's still on my list to hurt for all his comments

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:43 PM

Yeah I would have. LOL. I searched your initials in my uncles friends list. But anyway. Enough of that! LOL I won't blow your cover and you don't blow mine. LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:44 PM
  • Oh I won't say a word on here but your cousin that I was using to help figure out who u are is going to get u for me.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:48 PM
  • Don't worry IP you're still my favorite Jackson person for basketball season!!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:50 PM

LOL!! That's actually my uncle. #22 is my cousin. LOL!! I'm sure he knows I'd never root for Sikeston to win!! LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:51 PM
  • No I am friends with your cousin also. Just wait!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:54 PM
  • Not #22 tho a cousin from Sikeston

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:55 PM
  • Thanks TFA! I may need your support. He might be rooting for Cape in bball too!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • Knowing him he probably will!! Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 9:58 PM

I want to get in on this, and I think I finally figured out who you are TFA haha! I feel productive today now ;)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 10:14 PM

LOL! I have to root for Jackson basketball because I have a son on the freshmen/ JV team. I'll root for the varsity too unless their playing CT then I'm neutral. LOL Jackson and Cape both will go down to this Sikeston tournament and shut down Sikeston in THEIR house!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 10:23 PM
  • Haha Buck! Lol! JSTT now u know why I haven't accepted your friend request cause I would post awful things to you on your wall for comments like that.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 5:20 AM
  • Yes we definitely hijacked this forum sorry but really what can u say about this area football except for Cape, Jackson and Malden right now and everything's already been said. Trying to justify my hijacking.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 5:30 AM

You don't have to accept. LOL Just wanted to show you I knew who YOU were too just in case you were successful finding out who I was you would not feel like you were smarter than me. LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 6:35 AM

I believe your questions will be answered this week, all of the remaining southeast Missouri playoff teams will be playing teams from St.Louis

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 8:23 AM

I believe your questions will be answered this week, all of the remaining southeast Missouri playoff teams will be playing teams from St.Louis

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 8:23 AM

PoliticalCorrect, what questions would that be?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 8:49 AM

Is St.Louis area football as down this year as it seems to be?

:)

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 10:21 AM
  • JSTT I can't help it if your cousin Brad doesn't know where u live. Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 10:40 AM

JustSpeakingTheTruth, Bo Knows initial question was: Does anyone else agree that SEMO football is weaker this year than it has been in a long time?

These games will answer his question some what.

Malden vs. Cardinal Ritter

Cape Central Vs. Affton

Jackson vs. Ladue Horton-Watkins

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 10:44 AM
  • I don't think its weaker. The teams that are left are pretty darn good IMO.

-- Posted by hardwork on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 11:08 AM
  • I think all 3 of those teams will win and then when they play teams from the west side of state they will lose

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 1:26 PM

TFA, he's one of my younger cousins so you're right. He probably has no idea where I live. LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 5:50 PM
  • In general or as a whole, yes the area is way down. The teams still in the running from this area are pretty good. I've seen stronger Valle teams than this and they are good, just not as athletic as some years past as a group nor as deep.Maldan is pretty darn good both skill and line play. Can they beat Lamar? Only time will tell but would like to see them get that match.

-- Posted by Toma on Tue, Nov 11, 2014, at 12:30 PM
  • Toma, you are the ONLY person Ive heard claim this isn't one of Valle's best teams every assembled. I'm not saying they are hands down the best, but they are in the top 2 or 3 next to the early 80's team that won nearly 40 straight games.

It's a matter of of opinion, but most think this may be Valle's MOST athletic team ever. They are undoubtedly the most balanced. If you have listened to any internet broadcast of the games you would have heard the guys calling the games say themselves that this team could be Valle's most talented team ever.

The current Valle team is at 27 straight wins and on their way to a second title in a row unless they stumble. Their defense is stout, but probably not as good as a few other top Valle defenses over the years. Their offense hasn't been close to being stopped this year. To say they aren't as athletic is rather uninformed.

As far as depth goes, you do realize that Valle lost their #1 RB and #1 CB/#3 WR to season ending injury right? They lost approximately 15 man-games on the line and never missed a beat. Granted, depth on the O-line is not as deep as you might like, but to say the team lacks depth is, again, uniformed.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Tue, Nov 11, 2014, at 1:20 PM
  • Valle is a very good team. With that said, they would not beat some of the teams of the early and late 80's. The early to mid 90's with Hoog, Wolk, Weiler etc....would spank this team. I like Valle's DL but their LB play isn't as good as many former squads. The years when they played the big boys in the MAAA was the real indicator of the great Warrior teams. I do understand due to their conference affiliate, their schedule is not very strong and yes they are trying to schedule up. But the bottom line is, don't even compare this team to many of the other teams that hammered the NC's, Farmingtons and Parkhill-SG teams. in the past.

-- Posted by Toma on Thu, Nov 13, 2014, at 10:04 AM
  • Valle's 2009 team that lost to Penny in the dome was pretty stout on offense and defense. Don't over look that team guys! That 2009 team could play with anybody.

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Nov 13, 2014, at 10:25 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: