Semoball

Other High School Sports Forum: Leopold Spring Concert

Posted by drawmules on Sat, Apr 10, 2010, at 12:46 AM:

Singing is the newest sport on semoball. HaHa

Ok Ok Ok . . . It takes a really good imagination to classify singing as a sport. Nevertheless, this is an appropriate location to post this forum thread.

Earlier this year I attended the Oak Ridge / Leopold basketball game. The Leopold Concert Choir performed the national anthem. Many times listening to someone sing the national anthem at a high school sporting event can be a painful experience. However, this was not the case on this particular night. The Leopold Concert Choir performed the song beautifully. I enjoyed the singing so much I have elected to drive to Leopold and listen to the Leopold Spring Concert on Apr. 14.

Any thoughts on the upcoming concert?

I am really looking forward to the event. I love concerts, musicals and plays. I don't talk about this often on semoball because it is irrelevant but when I am not busy attending sporting events I am normally searching for a musical, play or concert to attend. Mary Poppins will always be one of my favorite movies. I watch it at least once every year.

Replies (8)

• I need to know what time this starts and where it will take place. Please help!!!

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Apr 10, 2010, at 10:14 PM
  • According to my sources it's at 7 p.m. at the Leopold Gym.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Mon, Apr 12, 2010, at 7:30 PM
  • Thank you very much Crader!

Crader will you be attending the event?

The Leopold Concert Choir is really good if you like music. I love listening to live performances. It's my favorite thing to do outside of going to sporting events, watching plays and eating at restaurants.

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Apr 12, 2010, at 11:28 PM
  • Please remember, alot of Leopold's Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, and Baseball players will be singing. In a small school you get a chance do do alot of things. And, for most of these kids, the singing will last longer than the sports will. Good luck to all.

-- Posted by deervalley on Tue, Apr 13, 2010, at 9:05 AM
  • Good point. You can sing forever.

-- Posted by drawmules on Tue, Apr 13, 2010, at 11:49 AM
  • I just finished a meal at the Branding Iron in Jackson. I'll be on my way to Leopold shortly.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Apr 14, 2010, at 5:38 PM
  • Very Very nice concert. The last song was really good. I really want to write a long blog about how the concert made me feel but I'm tired and I have a very early class on Thursday.

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Apr 14, 2010, at 10:09 PM
  • Thanks for coming to the concert.

-- Posted by musicteach on Thu, Apr 15, 2010, at 12:09 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: